Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears vs. Seahawks GDT - :( no bueno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
I swear if this ends up being Adderoll Goodell will officially become my most hated commish of all time.

Ugh...and why would that be Think ? Adderall is a prescription drug used to treat conditions such as ADHD. It is also widely popular amongst the raving scene with younger generations for its similar effect to the street drug "Speed".

If NFL players are taking it without prescription to gain an unfair advantage over the opposition on game days then I absolutely support Goodell in his mission to banish it from the league and punish those who abuse it.

Widely popular amongst the raving scene? The prevalence rate of the abuse of adderoll is mostly among college students as it helps them stay awake and study. I'm prescribed myself due to ADD and only use it when I have a ton of homework. I hate them but I don't see how it would affect a football player unless he couldn't pay attention in meetings? I get a loss of appetite, a jittery feeling, and sweat. The only reason I can see how this would be a cause for a 4 game ban is if they weren't prescribed. Possession of a controlled substance that you are not prescribed is a felony.

Yeah that's right... and you just proved my point. Raving involves partying for excessively long hours, hence why a lot of people in that scene take adderall to help them stay awake, focused and full of energy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
I swear if this ends up being Adderoll Goodell will officially become my most hated commish of all time.

Ugh...and why would that be Think ? Adderall is a prescription drug used to treat conditions such as ADHD. It is also widely popular amongst the raving scene with younger generations for its similar effect to the street drug "Speed".

If NFL players are taking it without prescription to gain an unfair advantage over the opposition on game days then I absolutely support Goodell in his mission to banish it from the league and punish those who abuse it.

Widely popular amongst the raving scene? The prevalence rate of the abuse of adderoll is mostly among college students as it helps them stay awake and study. I'm prescribed myself due to ADD and only use it when I have a ton of homework. I hate them but I don't see how it would affect a football player unless he couldn't pay attention in meetings? I get a loss of appetite, a jittery feeling, and sweat. The only reason I can see how this would be a cause for a 4 game ban is if they weren't prescribed. Possession of a controlled substance that you are not prescribed is a felony.

Yeah that's right... and you just proved my point. Raving involves partying for excessively long hours, hence why a lot of people in that scene take adderall to help them stay awake, focused and full of energy.

I am a teacher and kids take it all the time because they become "wired" they become super confident and super focused and look like they can do anything.

It is becoming incredibly popular as a party drug and leads guys to do some really dumb stuff.

When you are not ADHD it is a serious stimulant.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

I've seen it used in both situations. When it's for studying they'll typically take a partial amount of the pill, and when it's used for partying they will typically chop it up and snort it.

EDIT: When they take it for partying it's so they can stay up later, and some have told me that it helps them drink more.

Mom and dad, see what I learn in college! Laughing

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB, you need to add Hal to the front page

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

I need to URL and have been too lazy to look for it.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears are playing musical chairs with the offensive line. Hester is out. The weather will be a balmy 65 degrees and sunny.

Lucky Pete Carroll just might position his team for a WC. And the Karmic Bears might be tied with the Packers. Not good. Rolling Eyes
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

I need to URL and have been too lazy to look for it.
Really???

http://i.imgur.com/ePkny.gif

bears2308

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

I understand that it's just the rave scene is definitely a small percentage compared to the rate it is taken in college. Some abuse it, definitely. Girls will even take it to lose weight due to the loss of appetite. I guess my point is that I don't understand why they are taking the drug/why it is a banned substance in the league.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

I understand that it's just the rave scene is definitely a small percentage compared to the rate it is taken in college. Some abuse it, definitely. Girls will even take it to lose weight due to the loss of appetite. I guess my point is that I don't understand why they are taking the drug/why it is a banned substance in the league.

I'm not going to lie, I sometimes take adderall before going into work (server) and the difference is like night and day when I'm on it. I also have ADD so maybe that has a lot to do with it as well. But what I'm getting at is adderall put's you in the Matrix zone and I could see how it gives you an advantage over other players.. ecspecially being a able to read plays quicker than usual. I just wish I was prescribed it when I was on Varsity Sad

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
SLCbear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

I'm not going to lie, I sometimes take adderall before going into work (server) and the difference is like night and day when I'm on it. I also have ADD so maybe that has a lot to do with it as well. But what I'm getting at is adderall put's you in the Matrix zone and I could see how it gives you an advantage over other players.. ecspecially being a able to read plays quicker than usual. I just wish I was prescribed it when I was on Varsity Sad

Im off the charts ADD and just got put on the stuff for grad school because of all the insane amounts of research we have to absorb and writing we have to do ......you're all pretty much right

people of all ages love to party on it, students love to study all night on it; it can even be snorted for a quicker and more intense effect .....I dont even tell people Im on it anymore because they come at you from all directions for some and will pay lots for it.
Aderall is a 'narcotic' and this must be the issue here, it's the only thing that makes sense to me

As far as being a performance enhancer, I just dont see it. It does give boosts in energy, mood, and focus but nothing that would give someone a 'substantial' competitive advantage on a football field; saying its a PED is like saying that cocaine or speed are PEDs because of the energy you get from them ......If a player tested pos for coke, it would be a narcotic/legal issue not a PE issue...

anyways, we have a huge game at home this Sunday ....and with or without Aderall, we take it 30-17 and stay on top of the division
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added this to the OP. Seemed like it should have been there.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off of the drugs for a moment.

I hate this matchup for our offence. Big CBs, elite S play and pass rushers off the edge.

This is going to be a tough game for Jay as this is the exact defence we don't want to play.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I hate this matchup for our offence. Big CBs, elite S play and pass rushers off the edge.

This is going to be a tough game for Jay as this is the exact defence we don't want to play.

If Forte is close to 100% we have to get him the ball out of the backfield since their LBs will struggle to cover him...whoever is playing in the slot...most likely Weems...is going to have to have a big game as well.
bears2308

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Their defense actually hasn't been playing that well. According to the fella's in the Seahawks forum their pass-rush has been non-existent in road games.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLCbear wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

Im off the charts ADD and just got put on the stuff for grad school because of all the insane amounts of research we have to absorb and writing we have to do ......you're all pretty much right

people of all ages love to party on it, students love to study all night on it; it can even be snorted for a quicker and more intense effect .....I dont even tell people Im on it anymore because they come at you from all directions for some and will pay lots for it.
Aderall is a 'narcotic' and this must be the issue here, it's the only thing that makes sense to me

As far as being a performance enhancer, I just dont see it. It does give boosts in energy, mood, and focus but nothing that would give someone a 'substantial' competitive advantage on a football field; saying its a PED is like saying that cocaine or speed are PEDs because of the energy you get from them ......If a player tested pos for coke, it would be a narcotic/legal issue not a PE issue...

anyways, we have a huge game at home this Sunday ....and with or without Aderall, we take it 30-17 and stay on top of the division
So you don't see how a drug that increases energy, lowers fatigue and gives laser like focus offers a competitive advantage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 3 of 35

Jump to: