Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears vs. Seahawks GDT - :( no bueno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The question is can they play during the appeal?...if not it's a huge break for us.
Yes, they can. Remember the Williams Wall was suspended but fought the suspensions and eventually had the courts vacate them. They played the whole time.
Actually the courts didn't vacate the suspensions, they reached a settlement w/ the NFL to reduce it to 2 games. Completely different situation however since the NFL was actually contacted as to whether or not it was ok to take and the players were told yes.
They played during the appeal nonetheless. It was not resolved for a long time.
That wasn't the appeal, that was the courts, they received an injunction from a Minneapolis Judge (big surprise) while the case was being heard. The appeal, as I stated earlier, has to be heard w/in 10 days of the original notification. Sounds like their defense is simply "we didn't take anything". Which a and b samples both are tested before notification, so they have no chance w/ that defense.

Just to add - The reason the Minnesota case was such a cluster-fuct for the NFL is because Minnesota had some very unique and unfortunate (for the NFL) laws regarding employer drug testing.
TBH I came down on the side of the players after it was revealed thru the court process that they had called the NFL hotline to see if StarCaps was ok to take, told yes, and then when they did they tested positive. If the players can't trust the hotline set up for them to call to verify what is and isn't ok, how can they really be held responsible. If this was revealed during the appeal, shame on the arbitator for not at least reducing their sentence.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Chronickerr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect them to play this week as the appeals process takes time
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronickerr wrote:
Not really, as I said earlier it has to be heard w/in 10 days of initial notification per CBA rules, which was probably Sunday, and the decision on these appeals usually occurs the same week. It will all depend on when the appeal can be heard, if its this week, they'll miss the next 4, if not then they'll play this week.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Chronickerr wrote:
Not really, as I said earlier it has to be heard w/in 10 days of initial notification per CBA rules, which was probably Sunday, and the decision on these appeals usually occurs the same week. It will all depend on when the appeal can be heard, if its this week, they'll miss the next 4, if not then they'll play this week.

I'd rather them play this week, Marsh take a [inappropriate/removed] on Sherman's forehead. Than they can serve their suspension into the playoffs making Chicago AT WORST a wildcard.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seahawks CBs Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner will play Sunday vs. Chicago while they wait to find out when their appeals will be heard.

Damn...

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seahawks CBs Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner will play Sunday vs. Chicago while they wait to find out when their appeals will be heard.

Damn...

Why damn? I find it more satisfying when the Bears beat their opponents with them being at full strength and at their best. Beating teams when they're missing some of their better players is not as impressive.

Besides, if Sherman and Browner were truly taking PEDs (which I don't doubt for a second because to be honest, before this season I never even heard of these two guys) then you can bet they're off them now and you would think this would make them less effective. Just goes to show you what "adderall" can really do lol.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed we have to beat this team at full strength. Thank got its at Solider Field, its way too hard to win in Seattle.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The question is can they play during the appeal?...if not it's a huge break for us.
Yes, they can. Remember the Williams Wall was suspended but fought the suspensions and eventually had the courts vacate them. They played the whole time.
Actually the courts didn't vacate the suspensions, they reached a settlement w/ the NFL to reduce it to 2 games. Completely different situation however since the NFL was actually contacted as to whether or not it was ok to take and the players were told yes.
That wasn't the appeal, that was the courts, they received an injunction from a Minneapolis Judge (big surprise) while the case was being heard. The appeal, as I stated earlier, has to be heard w/in 10 days of the original notification. Sounds like their defense is simply "we didn't take anything". Which a and b samples both are tested before notification, so they have no chance w/ that defense.
They appealed to the civil court system not the NFL system (that one may have been rejected hence the appeal to the courts.). This appears to be the way to go with these things - tie it up in the courts.
Badger75

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle brings nice weather with them. Both DB's will play. Tough game to predict.

After this weekend the Bears and Packers may be tied. NFC N drama. Cool
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
They appealed to the civil court system not the NFL system (that one may have been rejected hence the appeal to the courts.). This appears to be the way to go with these things - tie it up in the courts.
You have to have standing to sue in a court, which the StarCaps case was definitely standing to sue since they had gone about the process that the NFL had set up and been given false information. Simply denying you took anything is not standing to sue, this will never get to a court.

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
You have to have standing to sue in a court, which the StarCaps case was definitely standing to sue since they had gone about the process that the NFL had set up and been given false information. Simply denying you took anything is not standing to sue, this will never get to a court.
As a great writer once said "In law nothing is certain, except time and expense." I always wondered why Jim Miller did not take this route when he had taken an over the counter product.

And since the Cook County Courts are often... uh... suggestible, shall we say....
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
As a great writer once said "In law nothing is certain, except time and expense." I always wondered why Jim Miller did not take this route when he had taken an over the counter product.

And since the Cook County Courts are often... uh... suggestible, shall we say....
Again, the StarCaps case was such a huge exception. The players had called the NFL Hotline that the players are supposed to call to see if a supplement is ok to take or not. They were told that StarCaps was ok, it was on the approved list. Then after the players took it (or more accurately said they did) the substance they were hit for was revealed to be in StarCaps. Its like if you're employer told you it was ok to have a drink at lunch, and then suspended you w/o pay for a month for having a glass of wine w/ your meal.

Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear if this ends up being Adderoll Goodell will officially become my most hated commish of all time.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
I swear if this ends up being Adderoll Goodell will officially become my most hated commish of all time.

Ugh...and why would that be Think ? Adderall is a prescription drug used to treat conditions such as ADHD. It is also widely popular amongst the raving scene with younger generations for its similar effect to the street drug "Speed".

If NFL players are taking it without prescription to gain an unfair advantage over the opposition on game days then I absolutely support Goodell in his mission to banish it from the league and punish those who abuse it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

Ugh...and why would that be Think ? Adderall is a prescription drug used to treat conditions such as ADHD. It is also widely popular amongst the raving scene with younger generations for its similar effect to the street drug "Speed".

If NFL players are taking it without prescription to gain an unfair advantage over the opposition on game days then I absolutely support Goodell in his mission to banish it from the league and punish those who abuse it.

Widely popular amongst the raving scene? The prevalence rate of the abuse of adderoll is mostly among college students as it helps them stay awake and study. I'm prescribed myself due to ADD and only use it when I have a ton of homework. I hate them but I don't see how it would affect a football player unless he couldn't pay attention in meetings? I get a loss of appetite, a jittery feeling, and sweat. The only reason I can see how this would be a cause for a 4 game ban is if they weren't prescribed. Possession of a controlled substance that you are not prescribed is a felony.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35

Jump to: