Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer going forward
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
-where is all this optimism for the offense "w/palmer" coming from we scored 18 pts per game last year. whats optimistic about that?

Nothing in particular. But perhaps you shouldn't rely on that as much as you do since our offense is going to change a lot. Because Greg Knapp got canned.

so olson is an automatic upgrade? didnt he come from jax?

Dude, even Palmer being OC & QB would have been an automatic upgrade. Knapp shouldn't be an offensive coordinator ever again. You said yourself that he was into politics. And I can't even begin to tell you how idiotic he was with play calling (which you already know). His scheme was a horrible fit and getting one that works for our guys will do wonders for our team. I firmly believe that. Especially with Sparano helping out at OL coach.

I'll tell you what though, if Palmer sucks this year and it's mostly his fault, then I'd bench him for Pryor. I don't think that will be the case at all though.

lol dogg i know. i just cant get get my hopes up thinking about what he did in jax. i want to think he is better than knapp (which isnt impossible since the bar was set so low) but i just think about jax lol. idk he has to show me some stuff first.

What he did in jax? He was the QB coach. Maybe you're thinking about TB?

no. just cant really say wow look at what he did in jax, he would make a great oc, then i say if he was so good and jax sucked so much why didnt he become the oc. i know about tb but i try to give him the botd. i cant say that he improved jax in any kind of way. i dont know what he has done to deserve a OC job.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
i like Palmer a lot, but i dont think we are going anywhere with him this season, so why not give the keys to the young guy and see what he's got?

The problem would be that if he fails and fails badly, Allen will be out of a job.

if olson doesnt pan out then DA and reg maybe out of a job.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
i like Palmer a lot, but i dont think we are going anywhere with him this season, so why not give the keys to the young guy and see what he's got?

The problem would be that if he fails and fails badly, Allen will be out of a job.

Reggie is safe regardless. DA on the other hand will not be safe.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Exactly the Qb is going to be key to their longevity. Reggie will be here but if we finish with 2-4 wins DA will be out. That's why talk of tanking the season is nonsense.
#clueless
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Exactly the Qb is going to be key to their longevity. Reggie will be here but if we finish with 2-4 wins DA will be out. That's why talk of tanking the season is nonsense.

idk ive heard about the mike holmgren rumors...some how call me crazy but i think the reg had more to do with the olson hiring than DA. I understand giving reg some time but i thought we were trying to avoid this revolving door of coaches. if olson fails then gets the boot it will be just like old times and all this "change cause AL is gone" wont have the same significance.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

idk ive heard about the mike holmgren rumors...some how call me crazy but i think the reg had more to do with the olson hiring than DA. I understand giving reg some time but i thought we were trying to avoid this revolving door of coaches. if olson fails then gets the boot it will be just like old times and all this "change cause AL is gone" wont have the same significance.

He said himself that it's DA's hiring. If you are in some crazy way right, and Mark knows this then maybe you are on to something, but until then I have no reason to suspect that this was reggies hiring. Doesn't seem like someone that would go back on his word.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Are we really making moves to save Dennis Allen's job?
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Very much doubt Reggie had anything to do with Olson as he didn't with Knapp, but should Olson fail then Allen will fall and Allen knows it. OC and DC's change all the time, the revolving door is about HCs not sure why you would try and link that.
#clueless
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Are we? no, But Allen might be....

I don't think he had a bias, I truly feel he will put the QB out there that gives us the best chance to win, whether it be TP, CP or whoever it will be based off of fair evaluation.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Not about saving Allens job but trying get a competitive team out. Allen hasn't got time after last year.

If the Raiders finish with 2-4 wins do you think Allen will survive?
#clueless
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

I don't think he had a bias, I truly feel he will put the QB out there that gives us the best chance to win, whether it be TP, CP or whoever it will be based off of fair evaluation.

Well, cutting Palmer shouldn't be his call. If we're cutting Palmer, it's mainly for financial reasons and with an eye toward the future. The HC just has to deal with it.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:

Probably not. And if we keep Palmer to be able to win a couple more games which gives Allen one more year, we'll be asking the same question next season.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dessie wrote:

Probably not. And if we keep Palmer to be able to win a couple more games which gives Allen one more year, we'll be asking the same question next season.

Reggie will want to win as well. Like you say it will depend on Palmers price, that needs to come down. I just can't see us rolling with Pryor next year. If we let Palmer go then I expect a move for a vet QB.
#clueless
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Well, cutting Palmer shouldn't be his call. If we're cutting Palmer, it's mainly for financial reasons and with an eye toward the future. The HC just has to deal with it.

I see, i thought you were assuming Palmer doesn't get cut
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders are a 5-6 win team w/ Palmer. A 2-4 win team without him.

The roster sucks. The depth is still lacking and there just isn't anything to do about it.

Going to be another long year in Oakland. Fans (you know the ones) will be calling for RM and DA to be fired, but it's just dumb.

This is a 4 year rebuilding. If anyone thought differently, they were sorely mistaken.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 20 of 56

Jump to: