Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer going forward
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
So you guys who have complain over the years about flushing money down the toilet with Al Davis silly contracts what to invest 28 million on a team with limited cap room on a QB who cant win with this team. OMG. Seymour and Palmer contracts was made the way they were so Reggie can cut bait. Cant wait to he does.

Peyton Manning with Vick's Legs would struggle too. Point is, I don't think we'd be able to find better than Palmer. Or are you saying you'd rather take the L's with a lesser QB and just not have to pay Palmer? I mean, obviously you have an agenda against him so naturally you want him gone, but am I getting the other part right?

I have an agenda against him? How? For calling him out on his mistakes. Also if What you said would struggle here again I ask why keep 28 mill towards him. People really do believe that we going to get rid of Knapp and our offense will flourish. Mcfadden is still gonna suck behind a ZBS, Our wideouts are still gonna drop passes, At least one position is gonna be a problem on our oline. How much change do people expect once Knapp is gone. The offense will be better but not a huge jump and not enough to cover up a bad defense. One draft, a new o-cord and limited cap isnt gonna to put this team in the playoffs next year. So why invest 28 mill in the guy?

Just have to let the offseason tell the story at this point. I think we've already said it a thousand times.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
So you guys who have complain over the years about flushing money down the toilet with Al Davis silly contracts what to invest 28 million on a team with limited cap room on a QB who cant win with this team. OMG. Seymour and Palmer contracts was made the way they were so Reggie can cut bait. Cant wait to he does.

Peyton Manning with Vick's Legs would struggle too. Point is, I don't think we'd be able to find better than Palmer. Or are you saying you'd rather take the L's with a lesser QB and just not have to pay Palmer? I mean, obviously you have an agenda against him so naturally you want him gone, but am I getting the other part right?

I have an agenda against him? How? For calling him out on his mistakes. Also if What you said would struggle here again I ask why keep 28 mill towards him. People really do believe that we going to get rid of Knapp and our offense will flourish. Mcfadden is still gonna suck behind a ZBS, Our wideouts are still gonna drop passes, At least one position is gonna be a problem on our oline. How much change do people expect once Knapp is gone. The offense will be better but not a huge jump and not enough to cover up a bad defense. One draft, a new o-cord and limited cap isnt gonna to put this team in the playoffs next year. So why invest 28 mill in the guy?

Look back at GDTs, if you want to see what I'm talking about. I'm not digging them up. Once Knapp is gone, I really do expect us to get better unless we pick up another lemon OC. Playcalling alone should help us big time.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Our defense has gotten better. And it has at times kept us in games, we punch it in on goaline a few times our record will be higher.

Personally another offseason and our defense will be good.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Our defense has gotten better. And it has at times kept us in games, we punch it in on goaline a few times our record will be higher.

Seriously!!!!

Our defense has played better lately but our level of competition has also been weak lately.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Seriously!!!!

Our defense has played better lately but our level of competition has also been weak lately.

Yeah I've thought both of those things as well. Wonder if they got much better or we just are playing crappy teams. The latter is what it was previously

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Referring to what the thread title says, Carson Palmer and going forward don't belong in the same sentence. He won't take us forward.

But realistically, we're desperate with him and totally screwed without him. We have QB problems, big time. Kelly and Seymour are much more easily replaced.

I will take a 2 or 3 win team over a 5 or 6 win team at our current state. Once games start I will cheer to win but looking at the future picture Ill take a high first and second and third again next year.

Yeesh.
You'll be one of the first guys up in arms about how bad our offense is when it's actually happening though. You think this is bad? Get ready then... Our 2 wins will be 13-9 and 11-10. The rest will be losses where we don't score more than 17, at all.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Referring to what the thread title says, Carson Palmer and going forward don't belong in the same sentence. He won't take us forward.

But realistically, we're desperate with him and totally screwed without him. We have QB problems, big time. Kelly and Seymour are much more easily replaced.

I will take a 2 or 3 win team over a 5 or 6 win team at our current state. Once games start I will cheer to win but looking at the future picture Ill take a high first and second and third again next year.

Yeesh.
You'll be one of the first guys up in arms about how bad our offense is when it's actually happening though. You think this is bad? Get ready then... Our 2 wins will be 13-9 and 11-10. The rest will be losses where we don't score more than 17, at all.

Again yes I will be mad but if my team had some sort of direction I can live with it. A 5 win team with a 28 million dollar QB doesnt sit well with me. A 3 win team about to draft their Franchise guy will sit better with me.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Seriously!!!!

Yeah I've thought both of those things as well. Wonder if they got much better or we just are playing crappy teams. The latter is what it was previously

The Panthers are pretty good offensively and Cam Newton was only able to but up 3 scores on us, all this after owning the Falcons.

The week after Jamall Charles rushed for 10 yards against us, he rand for over 200 against the colts.

I attribute the horrible depth we had on the team to the reasons why we have played so poorly. Now that our corners are getting the feel of things we are starting to get better.
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

When I said restructure I meant renegotiate. My understanding is that he has no more guaranteed money due to him.
#clueless
Oaktown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer's injury worse than expected?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Friday-Buzz-Carson-Palmer-Russell-Wilson-more.html
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Seriously!!!!

The Panthers offense hasn't been weak.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Friday-Buzz-Carson-Palmer-Russell-Wilson-more.html

Quote:
Word out of Oakland is Carson Palmerís rib and lung injuries may be even worse than reported. In part because of the injury, some of the big dogs in Oakland are saying they donít expect Palmer to return in 2013. That will put the Raiders squarely in the middle of what looks to be a very mediocre quarterback market.

Interesting. I'm not sure its just the injury though. Maybe its bad enough to be concerning but I think that in addition to his contract is what could lead to Palmer not being on the team next year. More like 50/50 contract/injury than 100% injury. And this is assuming that there's truth to this report.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

Quote:
Word out of Oakland is Carson Palmerís rib and lung injuries may be even worse than reported. In part because of the injury, some of the big dogs in Oakland are saying they donít expect Palmer to return in 2013. That will put the Raiders squarely in the middle of what looks to be a very mediocre quarterback market.

Interesting. I'm not sure its just the injury though. Maybe its bad enough to be concerning but I think that in addition to his contract is what could lead to Palmer not being on the team next year. More like 50/50 contract/injury than 100% injury. And this is assuming that there's truth to this report.

If thats true I really sincerely hope we do not reach for a QB in the draft. I wouldnt mind trading down and taking one, but I think the talent level at the OL and DL positions is a lot higher than that of the QB class. I would much rather sign a FA as a stopgap if we need a QB that badly.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. If we draft ANY of these QBs w/ that 3rd overall pick we're looking to have, I'll be furious. We'll be set back for god knows how long.... AGAIN. I'm so sick of losing......

We must trade, acquire a 2nd and grab Dysert or Jones if that is the case. I wouldn't be too thrilled if we went back into the teens and grabbed Barkley but it'd be better than grabbing any of these QBs in the top 10.

PM sig requests.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Jason Campbell

Bet this offense suites him better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 14 of 56

Jump to: