Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer going forward
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Django

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson's Total QBR is 17 points lower from last year.

Last edited by Django on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Very, very few QBs will succeed behind this offensive line and none will be able to succeed w/ that in consideration as well as our defense being a mess. Carson is making too much money but why add another need when there isn't one right now?

That notion does not make sense to me. There are more people who can be cut who are making entirely too much money (Branch, Seymour, Kelly etc). Say goodbye to them well before we say goodbye to Carson.

We could pay someone a lot less and get the same results. We aren't winning these games with our 13 million dollar QB and we could still surely lose while paying someone else a lot less. If we use that money to build the trenches and solidify the O-line and D-lines, then maybe a QB we pay a lot less will lead us to more wins, even if he struggles at times.

It makes no sense to me how you are okay with paying a starting QB so much money, who is surely playing in the twilight of his career and we're getting no results.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people like to focus on Carson because he's the Qb, but he is the least of my worries. He will be at least solid for the next 2-3 years.i don't care what anyone says DHB is not a starting quality wr in this league and Gregg knapp is a horrible OC. Fix that and fix the defense.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
I know people like to focus on Carson because he's the Qb, but he is the least of my worries. He will be at least solid for the next 2-3 years.i don't care what anyone says DHB is not a starting quality wr in this league and Gregg knapp is a horrible OC. Fix that and fix the defense.

I think I feel the same. If CP takes a pay cut, I don't see what's wrong with keeping him. He has had to everything so many games and yet he's kept us in a lot of them. So why not let him be and keep building? Rather have him getting nailed than getting a young gun David Carr'd.

And I'm getting sick of DHB too. Its obvious something isn't right with him and Palmer. Either he isn't getting open or Carson just doesn't work well with him. He has 49 targets. Moore has 76, Myers has 67, Streater has 46, Hagan even has 32. I don't know if its cause he missed the one game or what but its like he's getting phased out. Even Criner has been getting more looks than him lately. And didn't someone post he's due like $10 mill next year on top of that?

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny listening to some say there is not a franchise QB in this draft. There is no evidence of that.

Look at Tannehill as an example. Nothing overly special in college but had the skills and the coaches will continue to develop him. Matt Ryan wasn't the 'can't miss type' by any stretch.

That said, there are some solid QBs who could be franchise guys in this draft. But Oakland needs to find the right offensive staff, build the Oline and get some better skill players before trying to develop a young QB. It'd be Russell all over again.

Carson is serviceable right now and that's about as good as Oakland is going o get.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
It's funny listening to some say there is not a franchise QB in this draft. There is no evidence of that.

There's no evidence saying there is. It's just an opinion that I hope's right since KC will be looking for one. Laughing
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of KC, I'm really curious to know what direction they'll go if they have the 1st pick. With a new regime probably coming in, seems like the typical choice would be a QB. But what if they don't like their options? They don't have too many holes that can be filled with the 1st pick, so they might be in a bad spot. Maybe they try trading Hali, then fill his absence?

Last edited by Darkness on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Speaking of KC, I'm really curious to know what direction they'll go if they have the 1st pick. With a new regime probably coming in, seems like the typical choice would be a QB. But what if they don't like their options? They don't have too many holes that can be filled with the 1st pick, so they might be in a bad spot. Maybe they try trading Hali, then fill his absence?

If we had the #2 pick I'd take him and their second.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only want Tyler Wilson, he has moxy. He's a vocal leader. Besides Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas isn't a very talented team very similar to Cutler at Vanderbilt.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Carson Palmer going forward Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
Carson will be 33 years old this December.

Mark Davis Can say what he wants but the raiders are rebuilding

Palmer cap is 13 million next year.

Reggie will gut the roster more this offseason. Kelly,Seymour ,McClain ,DHB, DMC could be cut or asked to take a pay cut.

Will Palmer even want to stay here ? If he is asked to take a paycut he could say know and force his release ala Wimbley

Most of us want oak to draft defense and they need it. Could drafting a qb become a possibility ?

Thoughts ?

I really want to draft Defense but if Palmers cap number is that high why not let pryor play now just to see what he can do
Preacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith should be available for less $$$. Would not mind if Palmer stays around, however that is a lot fo money that could be used elsewhere.

I agree we need to get the D-line fixed in this draft.

Thanks JTJagg7754

There is good and evil, choose good.
Keleth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Unless we sign a free agent to take over Carson will be back. Maybe at a reduced salary. If mot I can see the team using a stop gap like Alex Smith for a few years. A game manager instead of a guy that still fancies himself as a franchise guy. We have to improve up front and in the secondary. Once we have the talent the LAST thing to trot out there is a young QB.
Plenty of crappy teams, put new QB's on the field this year, and they all look better than us.

Colts
Redskins
Dolphins
Browns

All have plenty of holes and all look better than we do.

2 of those signed QBs who look like they may be in the elite category of QBs in the future.The other 2 have OLs a lot better than us and 1 of them has a lot better D than us.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Look at Tannehill as an example. Nothing overly special in college but had the skills and the coaches will continue to develop him. Matt Ryan wasn't the 'can't miss type' by any stretch.

That said, there are some solid QBs who could be franchise guys in this draft. But Oakland needs to find the right offensive staff, build the Oline and get some better skill players before trying to develop a young QB. It'd be Russell all over again.

Carson is serviceable right now and that's about as good as Oakland is going o get.

Tannehill would go top 3 in this draft. His lack of experience was his biggest flaw. Sanchez didn't have a high number of starts either but Tannehill's physical tools are much better. Probably only a couple guys you could throw out there early next season but the rest are projects. Guys like Manuel, Jones, & Glennon are 2-4th round grades but ultimately I don't think we draft one this year unless something happens with Palmer.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Django

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
I would only want Tyler Wilson, he has moxy. He's a vocal leader. Besides Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas isn't a very talented team very similar to Cutler at Vanderbilt.

Tyler Wilson = Chad Henne 2.0

Calling it now.
ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:

Tyler Wilson by far has the biggest arm, but he is shaky at times must be why he isn't the #1 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 2 of 56

Jump to: