Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sherman and Browner Suspended!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Richard Sherman is extremely, extremely intelligent..Not just because he attended Stanford, but generally you have to have high GPA to be enrolled. I read that his was 3.8 GPA.

It had to have been the school... because you don't get a 3.8 GPA then score 980 on the SAT. But it's the same deal with the entire Stanford team it seems... looked up the team averages and the avg GPA is 3.63 but avg SAT is only 1176, which doesn't make any sense.

Anyways back to topic, it'll be interesting to see what happens.... especially given Sherm's nonchalant response on Twitter and the fact that both are appealing. We can't just jump to the assumption that they were consciously taking the ingredient for performance enhancement. Also let's not forget that taking steroids doesn't just automatically make you big. As much as I'd like to give one/two the benefit of the doubt, it would make more sense that they're either both guilty or they're both innocent.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Here's my problem with the whole thing.

Richard Sherman is extremely, extremely intelligent..Not just because he attended Stanford, but generally you have to have high GPA to be enrolled. I read that his was 3.8 GPA.

Idiots who take PEDs generally think that they aren't going to be caught (I've played with many). Guys who are extremely smart and aware, just don't do it, because they know the repercussions. I have a hard time believing the Sherman one.

People say, "Athletes blame it on Adderall but are taking Steroids because the league does not release which PED was taken to the public." Does Sherman really look like a guy that's on steroids? That's not to say he isn't because that OF with the Brewers (Braun) doesn't look like he's on Steroids either..but I have another point. If he was tested positive for Steroids, do you really think they would appeal their suspension? What grounds would they have?

Someone with that type of intelligence is not going to test positive for Adderall. It may give a boost of 15% awareness, but even without that, he would still be a pro-bowler. It's his speed, size, instincts and catching that allows him to be as good as he is. He really isn't that strong, just compared to 5'10 speedsters, he is.

It doesn't add up for Sherman. I think someone mixed Sherm and Browner's pee. I do buy it for Sherman. Has anyone seen that movie Dodgeball? "During the ADAA-approved random drug screening, one of your players tested positive for three separate types of anabolic steroids, and a low-grade beaver tranquilizer. Therefore, Troop 417 is disqualified." Yeah, that fits the bill for Browner. 6'4 220+ LB CB with speed...His could have been a mistake as well, but it doesn't add up for me regarding Sherman.

Roger Clemens, Andy Pettite, Lance Armstrong and a slue of other prominent athletes prove your theory wrong that smart and aware people dont take steroids.
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, suspended for four games for violating the NFL's doping policy, says he unknowingly ingested Adderall prescribed to a teammate, according to a person informed of Sherman's explanation.

The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because neither Sherman nor his agent have discussed the details of the case publicly, said Sherman says he accidentally drank from a bottle into which a teammate poured a crushed Adderall pill. The person said the teammate is permitted to take the drug under NFL rules because he has a prescription.

Not sure what to make of this... sounds dumb, yet it's possible. His response on Twitter combined with the fact that I love Sherm equals I really hope this is true and the NFL buys it.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkhawk wrote:
Quote:
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, suspended for four games for violating the NFL's doping policy, says he unknowingly ingested Adderall prescribed to a teammate, according to a person informed of Sherman's explanation.

The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because neither Sherman nor his agent have discussed the details of the case publicly, said Sherman says he accidentally drank from a bottle into which a teammate poured a crushed Adderall pill. The person said the teammate is permitted to take the drug under NFL rules because he has a prescription.

Not sure what to make of this... sounds dumb, yet it's possible. His response on Twitter combined with the fact that I love Sherm equals I really hope this is true and the NFL buys it.

Quote:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree

Sherman said "It's totally false" after reading the account.
Retweeted by John Boyle

Quote:
RT @Curtis_Crabtree: In a series of texts, Richard Sherman just denied the USA Today account of the events leading to his positive test.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
drunkhawk wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree

Sherman said "It's totally false" after reading the account.
Retweeted by John Boyle

Quote:
RT @Curtis_Crabtree: In a series of texts, Richard Sherman just denied the USA Today account of the events leading to his positive test.

Phew Shermans Defense was bad but Browners takes the cake saying they tampered with his test right in front of him i am glad that is so far not the case. Laughing
Shazor4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame Sherman's reputation will be destroyed now. I've seen some people say he was only good because of PEDs. Nothing to do with his great technique, instincts, knowledge of the WR position. Hopefully there was some mistake and he gets cleared. Very disappointed Crying or Very sad

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkhawk wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
hate to break it to you hawks fans but this isn't getting overturned... or even decreased

if its aderall its 4 games, appealing will do nothing unless they can prove that it was a bad test... Mike Neal had to serve 4 games for it early this year...

with that said, its not really even a PED, when i think of PEDs i think of steroids... not a freaking prescription drug they give to 3rd graders with ADHD (ask me how i know lol)

This makes no sense considering we go to the doctor when we are sick and they sometimes will issue you a script for a steroid to fight of an illness. If you get bronchitis they will prescribe you many things, one being an inhaler that is a steroid!!!!!!!

A large majority of prescription drugs contain a steroid. Therefore a performance enhancer and as the above posted and as I did earlier it still enhances your minds ability to work at a better rate.

Are you really comparing Adderall to a steroid? You getting this all off Google and Wikipedia or something? lol

You cannot compare a steroid the doctor gives you for a bad cold to what athletes take to boost their performance.

uhh yes because its science, which in turn is fact.......... whether people like the comparison or not Adderall is an enhancer as is any steroid in any medication used to fight of inflammation. When you have something like Bronchitis you will be prescribed an antibiotic(zithromax or something similar) and an anit-inflammatory usually in the form of an inhaler(the steriod).

Adderall and other PED's are formulated to assist the mind and body in healing quicker, developing quicker, focusing better(providing said mind or body an advantage). oh and its an amphetamine...... give me a break dude you cannot possibly debate this. Its a stimulant on the central nervous system

http://www.drugs.com/adderall.html

You have testimonial from people who have used it and say it gives you an advantage either with focusing or staying awake and alert.

http://studentweb.fortlewis.edu/APDAVIS/drugs.html

The true awful aspect of this story is that it most likely isnt Adderall that they got popped for.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.

Last edited by clarkfn2284 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 am; edited 2 times in total
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
It's a shame Sherman's reputation will be destroyed now. I've seen some people say he was only good because of PEDs. Nothing to do with his great technique, instincts, knowledge of the WR position. Hopefully there was some mistake and he gets cleared. Very disappointed Crying or Very sad

i agree with you that you cannot discount a players ability due to a failed test fo a PED. Trust me im a SF Giants fan and i have had to hear it for a long time regarding the Bay's prominance with the steroid era.

The worst part about this is that they dont just own up to it and move on. In our society today fans and the media will forget about everything you did wrong the minute you do a right. We are a forgiving society. Take Bonds for example, everybody has a pretty good idea he did it, but he fights and fights and fights and thats his right, but if he would just have said yeah i screwed up big time people would have moved past it a long time ago. The home fans will move on quickly, but the outsiders will hold on to it for a while. Fortunately neither of the players are big enough names in the game for it to stick to them for an extended time. By this time next season we wont even remember it

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
Shazor4 wrote:

i agree with you that you cannot discount a players ability due to a failed test fo a PED. Trust me im a SF Giants fan and i have had to hear it for a long time regarding the Bay's prominance with the steroid era.

The worst part about this is that they dont just own up to it and move on. In our society today fans and the media will forget about everything you did wrong the minute you do a right. We are a forgiving society. Take Bonds for example, everybody has a pretty good idea he did it, but he fights and fights and fights and thats his right, but if he would just have said yeah i screwed up big time people would have moved past it a long time ago. The home fans will move on quickly, but the outsiders will hold on to it for a while. Fortunately neither of the players are big enough names in the game for it to stick to them for an extended time. By this time next season we wont even remember it

Exactly. Society is very forgiving, yet people rarely ever own it.

What are some good examples? I didn't like Kobe before he cheated on his wife, but he has walked the straight and narrow and I think he is more loved now then when he was younger.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would they own up to it if they did take Steroids/Adderall? So there Appeal process gets done quicker? This way they can draw it out and still play.

Kevin and Pat Williams drawn out there appeal proccess for 4 years after they were accused of taking a masking agent.
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
drunkhawk wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
hate to break it to you hawks fans but this isn't getting overturned... or even decreased

if its aderall its 4 games, appealing will do nothing unless they can prove that it was a bad test... Mike Neal had to serve 4 games for it early this year...

with that said, its not really even a PED, when i think of PEDs i think of steroids... not a freaking prescription drug they give to 3rd graders with ADHD (ask me how i know lol)

This makes no sense considering we go to the doctor when we are sick and they sometimes will issue you a script for a steroid to fight of an illness. If you get bronchitis they will prescribe you many things, one being an inhaler that is a steroid!!!!!!!

A large majority of prescription drugs contain a steroid. Therefore a performance enhancer and as the above posted and as I did earlier it still enhances your minds ability to work at a better rate.

Are you really comparing Adderall to a steroid? You getting this all off Google and Wikipedia or something? lol

You cannot compare a steroid the doctor gives you for a bad cold to what athletes take to boost their performance.

uhh yes because its science, which in turn is fact.......... whether people like the comparison or not Adderall is an enhancer as is any steroid in any medication used to fight of inflammation. When you have something like Bronchitis you will be prescribed an antibiotic(zithromax or something similar) and an anit-inflammatory usually in the form of an inhaler(the steriod).

Adderall and other PED's are formulated to assist the mind and body in healing quicker, developing quicker, focusing better(providing said mind or body an advantage). oh and its an amphetamine...... give me a break dude you cannot possibly debate this. Its a stimulant on the central nervous system

http://www.drugs.com/adderall.html

You have testimonial from people who have used it and say it gives you an advantage either with focusing or staying awake and alert.

http://studentweb.fortlewis.edu/APDAVIS/drugs.html

The true awful aspect of this story is that it most likely isnt Adderall that they got popped for.

You can label ANY drug as an "enhancer". With the NFL's completely wide open definition of a "PED"... might as well go hit someone who's using their asthma inhaler with a 4-game suspension too. Perhaps you should ask someone who uses adderall for ADHD versus someone who uses steroids for a cold versus someone like Barry Bonds, and see the various stories you get. Whatever man, if you really want to relate adderall to steroids as to push your theory that it's not actually adderall Sherman/Browner may have been using, it is what it is...nothing I can do about that.

drunkhawk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
Shazor4 wrote:

Exactly. Society is very forgiving, yet people rarely ever own it.

What are some good examples? I didn't like Kobe before he cheated on his wife, but he has walked the straight and narrow and I think he is more loved now then when he was younger.

Because Sherman/Browner will not have as much of an impact on sports culture as Bonds has, and never will. People watch sports for entertainment, why should a fan remember it a year later? If they return and play just as well, there should be no reason to keep holding a grudge. The "PED" clearly didn't provide any unfair boost. If they return and play poorer, they'll just fade into the abyss, and yet again (but for different reasons), people will forget it even happened (ala an extreme case in Shawne Merriman).

TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Please. You were using a rather commonly-used PED and got caught. Trying to play the "someone farted on the sample" defense or "I didn't know" defense just makes you, your team and your fans just look more ridiculous.

Admit it. Take your suspensions and get back on the field before the playoffs. We need you both.

If I were being paid $450k to play football and the league had rules that could strip away 25% of that pay if I test positive for a substance I know is in my locker room (dude's teammate has a prescription)... do you know how effing far away from that dude I'd stay? I'd certainly not be sharing water bottles. That's just insulting to my intelligence, D!ck. I love the player and I love the attitude on the field, but when you pull this nonsense, it just lumps you into the "jackass" bucket with so many other arrogant athletes. Rise above this, man.

All of this lawyering makes my soul hurt... it's right up there with Beast Mode and his attorney's "his BAC was still going UP when you tested him and therefore was below the legal limit when you pulled him over" defense is so far beyond ludicrous, it's sickening, and yet that's what lawyers do.

Yeah... still bitter after a rather painful football weekend, heh.

/rant off

TommyC376 on the Sig
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browner is on the watchlist for when he got caught in Denver. Because of that, he gets tested 3 times a week. Not only that, but these results are from 2 months ago. It is a little weird.

Not to condone anything he did or even say that I think he is telling the truth. Just some interesting stats.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Please. You were using a rather commonly-used PED and got caught. Trying to play the "someone farted on the sample" defense or "I didn't know" defense just makes you, your team and your fans just look more ridiculous.

Admit it. Take your suspensions and get back on the field before the playoffs. We need you both.

If I were being paid $450k to play football and the league had rules that could strip away 25% of that pay if I test positive for a substance I know is in my locker room (dude's teammate has a prescription)... do you know how effing far away from that dude I'd stay? I'd certainly not be sharing water bottles. That's just insulting to my intelligence, D!ck. I love the player and I love the attitude on the field, but when you pull this nonsense, it just lumps you into the "jackass" bucket with so many other arrogant athletes. Rise above this, man.

All of this lawyering makes my soul hurt... it's right up there with Beast Mode and his attorney's "his BAC was still going UP when you tested him and therefore was below the legal limit when you pulled him over" defense is so far beyond ludicrous, it's sickening, and yet that's what lawyers do.

Yeah... still bitter after a rather painful football weekend, heh.

/rant off

Thats if we get to the playoffs those two get suspended and our D gets even worse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: