Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sherman and Browner Suspended!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
hate to break it to you hawks fans but this isn't getting overturned... or even decreased

if its aderall its 4 games, appealing will do nothing unless they can prove that it was a bad test... Mike Neal had to serve 4 games for it early this year...

with that said, its not really even a PED, when i think of PEDs i think of steroids... not a freaking prescription drug they give to 3rd graders with ADHD (ask me how i know lol)

This makes no sense considering we go to the doctor when we are sick and they sometimes will issue you a script for a steroid to fight of an illness. If you get bronchitis they will prescribe you many things, one being an inhaler that is a steroid!!!!!!!

A large majority of prescription drugs contain a steroid. Therefore a performance enhancer and as the above posted and as I did earlier it still enhances your minds ability to work at a better rate.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
driftwood wrote:
hate to break it to you hawks fans but this isn't getting overturned... or even decreased

if its aderall its 4 games, appealing will do nothing unless they can prove that it was a bad test... Mike Neal had to serve 4 games for it early this year...

with that said, its not really even a PED, when i think of PEDs i think of steroids... not a freaking prescription drug they give to 3rd graders with ADHD (ask me how i know lol)

I mean

It's a drug that enhances your performance. lol

Sure we all like to think of the other things that we are used too, but it is what it is.

Well I guess in that case baseball players should be banned for using ibuprofen and advil, considering that if we didn't take those we'd never be able to play our best with our arms wanting to fall off.

amphetamines increase focus and lessen fatigue, so i wouldn't compare it to an over the counter drug. That said, its still b.s. Maybe a one game suspension but not four.

Exactly

Believe me, this happened to Haden so I was pissed as well, but it makes sense.

I had to take it as a kid, believe me, it is banned for a reason. It most definitely gives you an edge.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
silus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets look on the bright side. If they are suspended imagine how much they are going to have to open up the offense. They are going to have Russell Wilson throwing 40 times a game. I'm kind of intrigued.
_Oypus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Patriots player, DE Jermaine Cunningham added to the list of suspensions.

You guys want to share resources or something? Find a shared team doctor? Seems both of our teams players have a big need for Adderall. Laughing
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
We are so screwed unless Sherman and Browner have proof that they suffer from ADHD that list of FA CB's is pretty bad.
Doesn't matter, you have to get permission from the NFL before use. Even if they have a diagnosis for ADHD, its still illegal to use w/o notifying the NFL. Their suspensions will be upheld, only question is when will they go into effect.

Wrong someone did win there appeal.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/06/giants_andre_brown_wins_appeal.html
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks but it'll give us a chance to see what we have in Thurmond and if Tru can still cover good on the outside. If nothing else the offense will be passing more which is something I think most fans have been wanting for a few weeks.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
We are so screwed unless Sherman and Browner have proof that they suffer from ADHD that list of FA CB's is pretty bad.
Doesn't matter, you have to get permission from the NFL before use. Even if they have a diagnosis for ADHD, its still illegal to use w/o notifying the NFL. Their suspensions will be upheld, only question is when will they go into effect.

Because Brown had a prescription for his Adderall.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

Because Brown had a prescription for his Adderall.

I know but he said that you have to get permission to use it from the NFL Brown did not and still won his case because he had the prescription.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently is agent said there's an explanation that'll clear things up...

This is either gonna be a godsend or a giant debacle...

I'm gonna go with debacle, they'll apologize, say they let his team down, disappear from the media for 4 weeks and come back.
moomin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if true, im personally really, really disappointed. i thought browner and sherm were stand up dudes who could be looked up to.... they're setting a terrible example for young athletes.
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
driftwood wrote:

This makes no sense considering we go to the doctor when we are sick and they sometimes will issue you a script for a steroid to fight of an illness. If you get bronchitis they will prescribe you many things, one being an inhaler that is a steroid!!!!!!!

A large majority of prescription drugs contain a steroid. Therefore a performance enhancer and as the above posted and as I did earlier it still enhances your minds ability to work at a better rate.

Are you really comparing Adderall to a steroid? You getting this all off Google and Wikipedia or something? lol

You cannot compare a steroid the doctor gives you for a bad cold to what athletes take to boost their performance.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

union hawk fan wrote:
This sucks but it'll give us a chance to see what we have in Thurmond and if Tru can still cover good on the outside. If nothing else the offense will be passing more which is something I think most fans have been wanting for a few weeks.

I think we already know based off what we have seen so far that Tru is not starter caliber anymore. He gets burned as a nickelback for christ sake.

I am looking forward to seeing Thurmond though, assuming he's fully 100%, if not then that's not good either...

And I'm not sure having to pass more will be a good thing next week on the road at Chicago against Jennings and Tillman Embarassed

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my problem with the whole thing.

Richard Sherman is extremely, extremely intelligent..Not just because he attended Stanford, but generally you have to have high GPA to be enrolled. I read that his was 3.8 GPA.

Idiots who take PEDs generally think that they aren't going to be caught (I've played with many). Guys who are extremely smart and aware, just don't do it, because they know the repercussions. I have a hard time believing the Sherman one.

People say, "Athletes blame it on Adderall but are taking Steroids because the league does not release which PED was taken to the public." Does Sherman really look like a guy that's on steroids? That's not to say he isn't because that OF with the Brewers (Braun) doesn't look like he's on Steroids either..but I have another point. If he was tested positive for Steroids, do you really think they would appeal their suspension? What grounds would they have?

Someone with that type of intelligence is not going to test positive for Adderall. It may give a boost of 15% awareness, but even without that, he would still be a pro-bowler. It's his speed, size, instincts and catching that allows him to be as good as he is. He really isn't that strong, just compared to 5'10 speedsters, he is.

It doesn't add up for Sherman. I think someone mixed Sherm and Browner's pee. I do buy it for Sherman. Has anyone seen that movie Dodgeball? "During the ADAA-approved random drug screening, one of your players tested positive for three separate types of anabolic steroids, and a low-grade beaver tranquilizer. Therefore, Troop 417 is disqualified." Yeah, that fits the bill for Browner. 6'4 220+ LB CB with speed...His could have been a mistake as well, but it doesn't add up for me regarding Sherman.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:

Richard Sherman is extremely, extremely intelligent..Not just because he attended Stanford, but generally you have to have high GPA to be enrolled. I read that his was 3.8 GPA.

Idiots who take PEDs generally think that they aren't going to be caught (I've played with many). Guys who are extremely smart and aware, just don't do it, because they know the repercussions. I have a hard time believing the Sherman one.

People say, "Athletes blame it on Adderall but are taking Steroids because the league does not release which PED was taken to the public." Does Sherman really look like a guy that's on steroids? That's not to say he isn't because that OF with the Brewers (Braun) doesn't look like he's on Steroids either..but I have another point. If he was tested positive for Steroids, do you really think they would appeal their suspension? What grounds would they have?

Someone with that type of intelligence is not going to test positive for Adderall. It may give a boost of 15% awareness, but even without that, he would still be a pro-bowler. It's his speed, size, instincts and catching that allows him to be as good as he is. He really isn't that strong, just compared to 5'10 speedsters, he is.

It doesn't add up for Sherman. I think someone mixed Sherm and Browner's pee. I do buy it for Sherman. Has anyone seen that movie Dodgeball? "During the ADAA-approved random drug screening, one of your players tested positive for three separate types of anabolic steroids, and a low-grade beaver tranquilizer. Therefore, Troop 417 is disqualified." Yeah, that fits the bill for Browner. 6'4 220+ LB CB with speed...His could have been a mistake as well, but it doesn't add up for me regarding Sherman.
Have you ever taken a drug test? It's not possible to accidentally switch somebody's sample.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:

I can see Browner taking steroids because he is coming from the CFL what is there to lose but i will be kind of shocked if Sherman was to as you said Sherman seems a bit to intelligent to get caught up in this stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: