Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sherman and Browner Suspended!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25
This is issue will be resolved soon and the truth will come out. Not worried

Either he's doing his best to downplay it, or he and Browner have legit cases or ℞'s.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are so screwed unless Sherman and Browner have proof that they suffer from ADHD that list of FA CB's is pretty bad.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
We are so screwed unless Sherman and Browner have proof that they suffer from ADHD that list of FA CB's is pretty bad.

I wouldn't mind Roylew back.

But yeah CBs in the 6'2+ 215+ lbs mold are lacking.

Just gotta take this as if it were an injury spell, which we haven't had to really worry about all year.
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I'm thinking here is that it was pretty obvious before today that even if we were gonna make the playoffs (which will be tough now), it was gonna be as a wild card playing on the road in round one. And it shouldn't have taken until today for us to realize that we are subpar on the road... so if it takes today's game for people to realize you'd rather take the draft pick then losing in the first round...well then...

As for the FAs... they might give some reserve depth, but it's pretty clear we're looking at Thurmond/Trufant/Lane at this point should what we shall not speak of happens.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
What the hell

They better have a good excuse

Isn't better performance in order to cash in with a monster new contract good enough?
Not even remotely

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkhawk wrote:
The thing I'm thinking here is that it was pretty obvious before today that even if we were gonna make the playoffs (which will be tough now), it was gonna be as a wild card playing on the road in round one. And it shouldn't have taken until today for us to realize that we are subpar on the road... so if it takes today's game for people to realize you'd rather take the draft pick then losing in the first round...well then...

As for the FAs... they might give some reserve depth, but it's pretty clear we're looking at Thurmond/Trufant/Lane at this point should what we shall not speak of happens.

Agreed! Can't expect anybody from that list to come in and start let alone play any significant amount of time. I don't want to tank the season but if it's between a one-and-done or a Top20 pick - I'll take the pick.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Lord! Can anything else possibly go wrong?
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard that adderall is what you say when you get caught with drugs like the go to thing. "oh it was adderall" basically lieing to the officials

WINTER IS COMING
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Doesn't matter, you have to get permission from the NFL before use. Even if they have a diagnosis for ADHD, its still illegal to use w/o notifying the NFL. Their suspensions will be upheld, only question is when will they go into effect.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hate to break it to you hawks fans but this isn't getting overturned... or even decreased

if its aderall its 4 games, appealing will do nothing unless they can prove that it was a bad test... Mike Neal had to serve 4 games for it early this year...

with that said, its not really even a PED, when i think of PEDs i think of steroids... not a freaking prescription drug they give to 3rd graders with ADHD (ask me how i know lol)
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
hate to break it to you hawks fans but this isn't getting overturned... or even decreased

if its aderall its 4 games, appealing will do nothing unless they can prove that it was a bad test... Mike Neal had to serve 4 games for it early this year...

with that said, its not really even a PED, when i think of PEDs i think of steroids... not a freaking prescription drug they give to 3rd graders with ADHD (ask me how i know lol)

I mean

It's a drug that enhances your performance. lol

Sure we all like to think of the other things that we are used too, but it is what it is.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Seahawks cornerbacks Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner are staring down the gun at four-game suspensions after both players tested positive for amphetamines on the same day in September, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports.

Neither player has had a date set for an appeal, according to La Canfora, and both players continue to deny taking any banned substances. La Canfora reports that Browner has told people he puts no supplements in his system at all, as he is already in the drug program and gets tested regularly.

Sherman told Steve Wyche of the NFL Network that Adderall -- which everyone heard is what got Sherman and Browner in trouble with the league -- is "something I have never done" and said he had not "taken anything."

The star cornerback also took to Twitter early Monday morning and claimed he was "not worried" and that "the truth will come out."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21140988
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
driftwood wrote:

I mean

Sure we all like to think of the other things that we are used too, but it is what it is.

Well I guess in that case baseball players should be banned for using ibuprofen and advil, considering that if we didn't take those we'd never be able to play our best with our arms wanting to fall off.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
driftwood wrote:

I mean

Well I guess in that case baseball players should be banned for using ibuprofen and advil, considering that if we didn't take those we'd never be able to play our best with our arms wanting to fall off.

amphetamines increase focus and lessen fatigue, so i wouldn't compare it to an over the counter drug. That said, its still b.s. Maybe a one game suspension but not four.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off let me preface this by saying i am very sorry to see this happen to anyone. Granted i am a Bucs fan and we are fighting for a wild card spaot, but non the less i would rather earn it then have it given to me.

Now onto the actual drug itself. I think you all are downplaying how serious and effective this drug is. Yes i know it is not a standard PED like steroids or HGH. But as one past has already said, it enhances your ability to cognitively recognize things.

In other words, a player can think and react faster when on the medication. It also enhances clarity. It makes things easier to understand and speeds up the general workings of the brain. Also it allows your body to work at a higher rate, for a longer time. Regardless if it is a prescription medication or not, it is a PED.

I have used the drug many a times, in high school athletics, years ago. And i know the affects first hand. Also i think you would be very surprised to know how easy it is to acquire with a prescription and take legally. I just think it is something that should not be downplayed simply because it doesnt make you stronger or faster. It still enhances your play and by definition that is what a PED is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: