Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sherman and Browner Suspended!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
wonder if we are gunna bring any CBs in for a workout

I think we will take anyone at this point if they go out. We will have tru, thank the football gods. I guess Walter Thurmond if he is healthy Im not sure who else? I might move to a more traditional 4-3 and try out bobby in the nickel he has the speed

WINTER IS COMING
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC DRE wrote:
Disappointed in anyone who is now chalking up this season. We have 5 games left guys and have the wild card in our hands. All the other teams lost today too. We have plenty of time left and some favorable match ups. Get your heads up and stay positive. We are so close to being 11-0 its insane.

It's not about staying positive, it's about being realistic at this point in the season. Our defense has been getting exposed for a number of weeks now. This team had everything in it's favor in the 2nd half today and they let this game slip away. Good teams finish these games. This team is immature and it showed. These suspensions won't help that, whenver they come down. I still believe that this team has immense promise and their window is just starting to open, but they are far from a finished product and IMO, far from ready for the big time.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, Saints and Bucs lost today so we still have that playoff spot. We're a different team at home, which means we should win 2-3 home games and I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Bears considering we did it last year at solider field.

I'm just trying to be optimistic. This week was bad, but if anything, it was just a mental lapse coming out of the bye week. I'm sure some of the guys felt lazy and it was just one of those stupid games we lose from time-to-time. I still believe we're nabbing that #6 spot.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC DRE wrote:
Disappointed in anyone who is now chalking up this season. We have 5 games left guys and have the wild card in our hands. All the other teams lost today too. We have plenty of time left and some favorable match ups. Get your heads up and stay positive. We are so close to being 11-0 its insane.

If we lose Sherman and Browner i will start thinking like that unless Wilson can put up 30 points a game because wow our secondary is going to be bad with Trufant starting on the outside.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
MAC DRE wrote:

It's not about staying positive, it's about being realistic at this point in the season. Our defense has been getting exposed for a number of weeks now. This team had everything in it's favor in the 2nd half today and they let this game slip away. Good teams finish these games. This team is immature and it showed. These suspensions won't help that, whenver they come down. I still believe that this team has immense promise and their window is just starting to open, but they are far from a finished product and IMO, far from ready for the big time.

Agreed - the NFC is really tough and a wild card seems like a lofty goal. We dont' have the toughest schedule but if Browner and Sherman miss 4 games - how many teams do you think could make a playoff push while missing 2 Pro Bowl CBs? Not many I'm thinking. The Saints, Bucs and Packers should get the 2 Wild Card spots. At 6-6 I just don't think a 9-7 finish is going to be good enough for a wild card spot this year in the NFC. I haven't looked at all the tie-breakers as it's too early for that. I'm not doing any mock drafts or off-season plans for this team just yet but I'm not going on a hunger strike until they make the playoffs either.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

I think we will take anyone at this point if they go out. We will have tru, thank the football gods. I guess Walter Thurmond if he is healthy Im not sure who else? I might move to a more traditional 4-3 and try out bobby in the nickel he has the speed

Dont forget about Jeremy Lane!

Playoff wise, if the Seahawks, Saints, and Bucs all finish with the same record, the tiebrekers should go:

1. Saints
2. Seahawks
3. Bucs

So we essentially have to end the season with a better record than the saints and an equivalent or better record than the Bucs. That means we could definitely be 9-7 and make the playoffs, as long as the Saints only go 8-8. Its realistic, but this is gonna make it much, much harder.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Here's a pretty good list of FAs at CB that are available. Did not check for accuracy but site was updated 11/23/12
Stanford Routt
Andre’ Goodman
Leigh Bodden
Bryant McFadden
Kelly Jennings
Brandon McDonald
Justin King
Alphonso Smith
Justin Miller (KR)
Elbert Mack
Jonathan Wilhite
Lito Sheppard
Trevard Lindley
Antwaun Molden
Dante Hughes
Byron Westbrook
Nathan Jones
Benny Sapp
Phillip Buchanon (PR)
Donald Strickland
Jonathan Wade
Kevin Thomas
Terrence Wheatley
Karl Paymah
Rod Hood
Frank Walker
Leigh Torrence
Reggie Corner
David Jones
Anthony Madison
Ashton Youboty
Chris Hawkins
Kennard Cox
Will Blackmon (KR/PR)
C.J. Wilson
Morgan Trent
Trumaine McBride
Walter McFadden
Kevin Barnes
Roy Lewis
Prince Miller
Ramzee Robinson
Donald Washington
Syd’Quan Thompson
Ross Ventrone
Jorrick Calvin (KR)
Cletis Gordon
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly Jennings baby welcome back brotha!

Lol okay in all seriousness... it is what it is. These drug tests are all done at random. I'm sure many other players are using a PED/banned substance of some sort. We'll just have to move on and hope that neither suffer a Shawne Merriman career crash, which I doubt will happen. Still 5 games left and a lot can still change.

I got faith in Walter Thurmond... honestly believe he would be doing real fine for us right now if Sherm or Browner never came along. Was looking forward to seeing him eased back and retake the nickelback role and make our secondary even scarier. Having Tru back out there against starting wideouts worries me though, he just has not looked good this year, nickelback at best in this point in his career...

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I have to say I love a guy who talks mess to Brady about his win then gets popped for adderal.

The reason it's banned is because of a few things. It's an amphetamine, it's a Stimulant and it acts similarly to coke and meth.

Here is a bit about it, albeit from wiki, but I'm not researching it anymore I'm tired. Oh and hahahahahahaha........

Really though it's a crappy deal for the fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
it acts similarly to coke and meth.

They might give you a high... but the things they can do are not exactly comparable.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC DRE wrote:
Adderall...wow....basically zero advantage to playing football when on adderall. If anything, it's help them focus and study better. This is BS. I'm sick of the league suspending guys over stupid crap like adderall. Cmon. This is a big blow for us, but it doesn't take away our playoff hopes IMO. It certainly doesn't help but I think we still got some guys who can step up. We still got Kam and Earl back there. It's not like our defense was doing that great anyways lately. Not too worried especially with 3 gamea at home and the Bills game being in Toronto and it's against the Bills.

Well fwiw, the general consensus is that since what substance they tested positive for is not revealed, players say Adderall so as to not look as bad as they would with HGH, for example.

Deadpulse on the sig
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkhawk wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
it acts similarly to coke and meth.

They might give you a high... but the things they can do are not exactly comparable.

They still act in the same manner, high or not.... They effect the Mesolimbic Pathway of the Brain.

It doesn't matter what they can do..... They are still psychostimulants.......you understand that if this was accepted that there could be an arguement that coke and meth should be acceptable too right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesolimbic_reward_pathway

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if it is uses for a clear medical reason I'm sure that the suspensions won't stand, but we all know how this stuff tends to play out. If they have a dirty test and cannot present the acceptable medical diagnosis for the use then it will stand.

I think it's pretty irresponsible to try and pin the dirty tests on the fact that the NFL has a stringent testing policy when it's very clear as to why the use of a PED such as adderall would be banned

drunkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might as well tie a trillion heard of/unheard of drugs to that Wikipedia link there, considering there's infinite ways you could spin together the chemical makeup of some random drug.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25
This is issue will be resolved soon and the truth will come out. Not worried

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: