Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sherman and Browner Suspended!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come no one here seems mad enough... Confused

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
How come no one here seems mad enough... Confused

After the crap that I watched today, this seals the deal on the season for me Laughing
Boom!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, since they are appealing the suspensions they are allowed to play until it is resolved.

Which could be a good thing or bad thing. If it takes a while and we end up in the playoffs they could be suspended for those games which wouldn't be ideal. But the bright side to the appeal is that they could get cleared of anything.

Legion of Boom!
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell

They better have a good excuse

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing either adderall or some type of creatine i believe what ended up getting Guy in trouble was some type of Cold Medicine.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to care, but I'm not really all that upset about it. They aren't the first, last, or only players to get hit with this. My guess is they probably heard about some new supplement that works like a friggin charm and started using it without getting proper knowledge about what was in it. I don't care about the "moral" aspect of it. If they knowingly took something to give themselves an advantage, then that's fine by me. I would do it, too. I basically said my piece about this in the Winston Guy thread, so I won't repeat all of it here, but I will add that after watching the league deteriorate in quality over the last decade plus in terms of on-field product, rules, officiating, enforcement, etc. I don't see any reason to get mad about this. It's a business, a cutthroat one at that, whatever edge is needed to stay ahead is fine by me. The league only seems to care about the business side the game, that's why the rules have reflected a dramatic shift towards legislating the physicality out of the game. I refuse to get mad at players for doing whatever they have to do put themselves in a position to take advantage of the lucrative finances involved. I just wish our guys would be a little smarter about how they are going about this.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep its Adderall according to NFL site.

Quote:
Both players are accused of taking Adderall and are appealing the potential suspensions, according to a source with knowledge of the ruling.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000100629/article/richard-sherman-brandon-browner-face-suspensions?module=News_CP
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Yep its Adderall according to NFL site.

Quote:
Both players are accused of taking Adderall and are appealing the potential suspensions, according to a source with knowledge of the ruling.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000100629/article/richard-sherman-brandon-browner-face-suspensions?module=News_CP

Tired? Give your body and mind a boost with Adderall, lol. Seems this is becoming quite the drug du jour in the NFL lately. I'm okay with guys taking this kind of stuff to keep themselves going, but it makes me wonder about the intelligence of these two, IF they knowingly took something that so many other players have gotten caught doing. Who knows what they thought it was though. I kinda wish our guys would get caught doing something extraordinary like blood doping or messing with genetics, not the same ol' crap all these other guys are getting busted for. It shows a lack of creativity, IMO.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
What the hell

They better have a good excuse

Isn't better performance in order to cash in with a monster new contract good enough?
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adderall...wow....basically zero advantage to playing football when on adderall. If anything, it's help them focus and study better. This is BS. I'm sick of the league suspending guys over stupid crap like adderall. Cmon. This is a big blow for us, but it doesn't take away our playoff hopes IMO. It certainly doesn't help but I think we still got some guys who can step up. We still got Kam and Earl back there. It's not like our defense was doing that great anyways lately. Not too worried especially with 3 gamea at home and the Bills game being in Toronto and it's against the Bills.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC DRE wrote:
Adderall...wow....basically zero advantage to playing football when on adderall. If anything, it's help them focus and study better. This is BS. I'm sick of the league suspending guys over stupid crap like adderall. Cmon. This is a big blow for us, but it doesn't take away our playoff hopes IMO. It certainly doesn't help but I think we still got some guys who can step up. We still got Kam and Earl back there. It's not like our defense was doing that great anyways lately. Not too worried especially with 3 gamea at home and the Bills game being in Toronto and it's against the Bills.

Ya, I think the leagues policies are a little out of control myself. This doesn't take away our playoff chances, todays loss sure did though. Coming out of the bye week, we didn't look like a team ready to make the playoffs. I believed after the game ended and before these possible suspensions were announced, that our playoff chances died with this game. I still believe it. I know a bunch of the teams around us lost, too, but we looked like shyte today, not worthy of a playoff berth.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe our whole D should have hit the Adderall at the beginning of the 4th quarter cuz they lost focus and got lit up. I don't really buy the thought that they were gassed because they had a huge amount of rest from the late 2nd quarter through the start of the 4th quarter. If conditioning was an issue, then that needs to be addressed with the training staff. It wasn't overly hot and they weren't on the field an excessive amount of time, IMO, they should have had plenty left in the tank, relatively speaking Confused
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointed in anyone who is now chalking up this season. We have 5 games left guys and have the wild card in our hands. All the other teams lost today too. We have plenty of time left and some favorable match ups. Get your heads up and stay positive. We are so close to being 11-0 its insane.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder if we are gunna bring any CBs in for a workout

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC DRE wrote:

Actually it acts sort of like speed Sherman would have more energy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: