Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 5 Up / Down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Top 5 Up / Down Reply with quote

Up:

1. Worilds sounds like he played really well.
2. Harrison looks back to full form
3. Sanders is stepping up for the injured Brown
4. Keenan Lewis and Ike playing lights out
5. Timmons looking like his 2010 form, what a performance by our LB's!!
Bonus: Heath Miller continuing to be the best target on our offense. And now we know we should get rid of Mendy and Wallace at the end of the season!

Down:

1. Having to rely on a 38 year old QB. Why do people think he's better than Leftwich in this offense again??
2. FUMBLES
3. Having to force our D to play a short field
4. Wallace dropping them and not giving full effort
5. Haley's playcalling for these backups.
xjayex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up:
Our Defense.
We are 100% certain (I hope) that Chuck Batch does not deserve to be on the field.
We know we need a real back up QB.
We know that Wallace isnt worth the money he thinks he's worth.

Down:
We lost to the Browns.
We lost to the Browns and are "in the hunt" for a wild card spot.
We lost to the Browns and Baltimore looks like they are gonna lose to SD.
We turned the ball over 8 times and still had a chance but ended up losing to the Browns.
The Steelers coaching refuse to make changes mid game at qb. Even in losses to the Browns.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up:
Nothing

Down:
Everything

Go Noles!
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just looking ahead, but this game shout one big negative in my eyes:

we might get a 1st/2nd round offensive weapon. It's that bad. Beside Antonio Brown, we doesn't really have a playmaker.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hilarious....earlier in the season when our offense was clicking, our defense sucked. Now our offense sucks, but our defense is back to elite form.

Pathetic that this team cant manage to have good games on both sides of the ball in the same game.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I'm just looking ahead, but this game shout one big negative in my eyes:

we might get a 1st/2nd round offensive weapon. It's that bad. Beside Antonio Brown, we doesn't really have a playmaker.

Markus Wheaton..WR..Oregon State
perfect replacement for Wallace, even looks Wallace like on the field but actually can run alternative routes.

...you have a forum resume?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Its hilarious....earlier in the season when our offense was clicking, our defense sucked. Now our offense sucks, but our defense is back to elite form.

Pathetic that this team cant manage to have good games on both sides of the ball in the same game.

I had this same thought today!! We'd be lethal if this happened!! Imagine if the D played today like they did in the Titans and Raiders.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt watch the game, so can someone tell me what happened with Wallace? Seems like everyone is upset with him right now.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP:

1. LB corps - The unit was terrific. Harrison's best game of the year. Worilds best game as a Steeler. Timmons with the big play pick six. If the refs were competant Foote would of had a fumble recovery.
2. Emmanuel Sanders - Best offensive player on the field today.
3. Third down defense - The Browns were just 3 for 16.
4. Secondary - They got their hands on a lot off passes.
5. Heath Miller - Steady as usual.

DOWN:

1. TURNOVERS - A historic day of pathetic proportions. A shameful display of protecting the ball. It could have been 11 turnovers actually.
2. Injuries - Woodley, Adams, and Rainey go down. Colon wasn't even able to start. It's not a good sign when you see Legursky and Beachum playing. Will the injuries ever end? I thought last season was bad.
3. Running game - A colossal collapse by everyone. RB and OL was inept today.
4. Penalties - Once again the team continues to shoot itself in the foot by commiting penalties at the most critical times. Every time it seemed like there was a glimmer of hope that the offense was moving there was a flag thrown.
5. Charlie Batch - I thought he could be a good game manager but he was anything but that. There is a reason why he is third string though. When teams get to their third string QBs things are already in trouble despite who it is.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I didnt watch the game, so can someone tell me what happened with Wallace? Seems like everyone is upset with him right now.

Same normal stuff, dropped an easy catch that led to an INT. Then, Batch threw it deep to double coverage. He under threw it slightly, and Wallace did not come back for the pass and Brown beat him to it and got an INT.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I didnt watch the game

Consider youself so very fortunate that you didn't have to witness that debacle.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives

Defense

Negatives

Turnovers - I never thought I'd see the day when every eligible RB would fumble the ball.

Chuck - People were calling for him and now they see why he's the 3rd QB

M. Wallace - Lacks heart, want to, desire, fight or anything else that constitutes a teammate. He doesn't fight for the ball, doesn't comeback for the ball, doesn't run good enough routes to receive the ball. I was sympathetic in his cause, but now I'm really unsure he wants to be in Pittsburgh. Remind me a lot of Plaxico when he left.

The Ravens won, the Bengals won, and we let the Browns win we lose all-around today.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

He seemed to not care overall.

On the slant that lead to an IT I think he is getting too much flack though. The ball was porrly thrown behind him and it bounced around and landed in a Browns hands

On the deep ball he was awful. He made no effort to come back to the POORLY THROWN pass and let it clang off the defenders head. I top notch receiver comes back and makes the catch. At the least he draws an iterference penalty. The defender never looked back. If he slows down and allows the defender to plow into him it is a 40 yard penalty. God forbid he give up his body like that though.
SteelersFan2333

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, I called this out last year in the middle of the season, Wallace just wont go after a contested ball, even in the endzone. I dont remember if he was like this in his rookie year, but it almost seems as if he has turned primadonna on us, maybe he should talk to Buress about what can happen if that happens. I really wanted us to sign him to an extension this offseason, but after seeing his play this year I am perfectly fine letting him walk along with Mendy.
jcm412

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up

Worilds

Down

Worilds is the Steeler's sack leader so far this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: