Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Moore vs Slauson vs Ducasse
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the little bit I seen. Vlad only looks good in running plays. I really think it's because the scheme fits him better. I don't think MBS is as mentally tough as ZBS. And MBS requires stronger OG's who can move their man off the line. But I haven't seen enough of him to want to make future plans with him at OG.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
From the little bit I seen. Vlad only looks good in running plays. I really think it's because the scheme fits him better. I don't think MBS is as mentally tough as ZBS. And MBS requires stronger OG's who can move their man off the line. But I haven't seen enough of him to want to make future plans with him at OG.
Co-sign with this.

I like Vlad and Slauson at RG next year. If we can bring in someone else at LG that'd be nice also.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
Ducasse has actually played well when he's been in at the Guard position
Actually he hasn't. Ferguson has made him look a lot better than he actually is. Ferguson is having an excellent year, despite his down year in 2011.

What does PFF say about D'Bricks run blocking. Thats my one gripe with him, we just can't ever seem to run left, and hes got to be part of that problem. I could be wrong though and it could be almost all on Slauson.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Slauson will command a 3-4 year deal worth 10 million dollars on the open market, especially in a place that values versatility. I could see him reuniting with former Jets Offensive Line Coach and his coach at Nebraska Bill Callahan down in Dallas.

Look at the deals Mackenzy Bernadeau and others got last offseason- it's open market value.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

This mimics what I was going to say. From what I've seen, he's shown a lot in the running game but not enough in the passing game. He's slowly making strides and I don't think it's too far-fetched to think that he will further improve with another offseason of work.

I'm also on board with acquiring a legit OG over the offseason and letting Slauson and Ducasse compete for a starting gig (if we resign Slauson cheap). Unless we go on a tear to end the season, we will end up with a top 15 pick. I'm torn because there are so many blue-chip defensive players available, but our weaknesses come on offense. If Warmachine Warmack is there, the Jets are going to have a tough decision to make.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above? Is that an answer.

I can live with Sluason as the jack of all trades backup like Turner was for the longest time. I think we definitely need to bring in a good FA as well as a rook to compete with Slaus. Whoever loses out gets the backup role.

Little OT but:
Would love for a new RT as well Howard is average at best. I'd be targeting the OL and LB cores to be revamped big time. Way more important then any other areas right now.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
Actually he hasn't. Ferguson has made him look a lot better than he actually is. Ferguson is having an excellent year, despite his down year in 2011.

What does PFF say about D'Bricks run blocking. Thats my one gripe with him, we just can't ever seem to run left, and hes got to be part of that problem. I could be wrong though and it could be almost all on Slauson.
Now that you mention it. He is a below average run blocker. SMH

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Jet Life wrote:

Yeah and thats kind of what kills us. Dont get me wrong, the guy is a terrific pass blocker but I think he'd be much better suited in a passing offense like the packers and not in one that relies so much on running the ball, although we dont do that well either. Lots of FA T's out there.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Jet Life wrote:

Yeah and thats kind of what kills us. Dont get me wrong, the guy is a terrific pass blocker but I think he'd be much better suited in a passing offense like the packers and not in one that relies so much on running the ball, although we dont do that well either. Lots of FA T's out there.
I'm with you bro. If we could get a 1st Round Pick for him, I'd pull the trigger. I absolutely love Taylor Lewan. Chase Warmack would be a great pick in the 1st round because he can anchor an O-Line. You see what Carl Nick did for the Buccs offense. I think he could have that type of impact.

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: