Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Moore vs Slauson vs Ducasse
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Moore vs Slauson vs Ducasse Reply with quote

I'd like to see where the Jets forum thinks our guard situation should be next year.
Who is the best guard on our roster. I used to think Moore was our best guard
but I'm not so sure anyone. What do you guys think?
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32812
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore is too old and injured. Slauson is meh and Vlad is bad. I guess Slauson wins by default.

What does PFF say?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 1247
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest i would let Moore go but sign Slauson to a low deal. Sign a FA guard and draft one then let them compete in camp. Best case scenario for me would be to grab Jonathon Cooper in the 2/3rd round and start him with our FA or Vlad Ducasse if he shows more improvement
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,
Slauson
Moore
Ducasse

For next season,
Slauson
Ducasse
Moore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7629
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we can let Moore go. I would keep sluason because even if he lose his starting position, he is a great back up. Can play OG or Center. Vlad, I'm not sold on him. If we lose him, I probably wouldn't care. I would just keep thinking about how he was a 2nd round pick, and Jimmy Graham was a 3rd.
_________________
Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF has them ranked


1) Moore
2) Slauson
3) Ducasse


in that order. Slauson and Moore have been playing horrible this year(according to PPF)
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF's rankings on our offensive linemen this year. 1 being our best offensive lineman, and 7 being our worst:

1. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
2. Nick Mangold
3. Brandon Moore
4. Jason Smith
5. Austin Howard
6. Matt Slauson
7. Vlad Ducasse
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
PFF's rankings on our offensive linemen this year. 1 being our best offensive lineman, and 7 being our worst:

1. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
2. Nick Mangold
3. Brandon Moore
4. Jason Smith
5. Austin Howard
6. Matt Slauson
7. Vlad Ducasse

Are Brick and Mangold the only ones with positive ratings?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
PFF's rankings on our offensive linemen this year. 1 being our best offensive lineman, and 7 being our worst:

1. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
2. Nick Mangold
3. Brandon Moore
4. Jason Smith
5. Austin Howard
6. Matt Slauson
7. Vlad Ducasse

Are Brick and Mangold the only ones with positive ratings?
Moore has a positive rating. Smith and Howard are barely positive though.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention. Like I had been literally screaming the past couple GDTs, Lex Hilliard needs to be cut, immediately. Not only is he the Jets' worst rated blocker, but he is the worst FB in football according to PFF.

CUT HIM NOW.



Stephen Hill has been garbage in blocking situations as well.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Forgot to mention. Like I had been literally screaming the past couple GDTs, Lex Hilliard needs to be cut, immediately. Not only is he the Jets' worst rated blocker, but he is the worst FB in football according to PFF.

CUT HIM NOW.



Stephen Hill has been garbage in blocking situations as well.


PFF is not always accurate, but I think they are right about Hilliard. He makes me miss John Conner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Forgot to mention. Like I had been literally screaming the past couple GDTs, Lex Hilliard needs to be cut, immediately. Not only is he the Jets' worst rated blocker, but he is the worst FB in football according to PFF.

CUT HIM NOW.



Stephen Hill has been garbage in blocking situations as well.


PFF is not always accurate, but I think they are right about Hilliard. He makes me miss John Conner.
Hilliard makes me miss when we didn't use a FB.... Oh wait...
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jet Life


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 110
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ducasse has actually played well when he's been in at the Guard position
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
Ducasse has actually played well when he's been in at the Guard position
Actually he hasn't. Ferguson has made him look a lot better than he actually is. Ferguson is having an excellent year, despite his down year in 2011.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jet Life


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 110
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
Ducasse has actually played well when he's been in at the Guard position
Actually he hasn't. Ferguson has made him look a lot better than he actually is. Ferguson is having an excellent year, despite his down year in 2011.

IDK man, it looked like he was holding his own whenever I was watching him. He hasn't been getting pushed back often like I've seen with Slausen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group