Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How many more consecutive loses can Allen survive?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
I will buy no tickets next year if this guy is coach.

Sweet, that means room for a fan that will cheer the team regardless of the outcome and not sit there with his lip stuck out for four quarters.

Thanks! Laughing

Sweet, enjoy wasting your weekend and money. Ill yell at my TV in a more efficient way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
I will buy no tickets next year if this guy is coach.

Sweet, that means room for a fan that will cheer the team regardless of the outcome and not sit there with his lip stuck out for four quarters.

Thanks! Laughing

Sweet, enjoy wasting your weekend and money. Ill yell at my TV in a more efficient way.

It's crazy to me...I mean I would be out for every game if I would have a chance...I stay up till 01:30am to watch our home games on my laptop...
You guys don't realize how lucky you are...
Roninho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I don't understand why people think this was the playoff season with who we lost and what we gained.

I didn't expect a playoff season, imo we were a team like the previous 2 years: 8-8 quality, with a range of 5 to 9 wins, with odds more likely to win 5 or 6 then 9.

Having said that i did not expect us to lose and give up 169 points in 4 games. I absolutely am a believer in giving a HC time, especially with a weak roster like we have. However, i am starting to worry that Allen might lose the team if we continue like this. That for me could be the only reason to fire Allen, if he lost his grip on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Give him a couple years, some solid starters, and a playmaker or two on defense and I expect we will see a competitive team.

No kidding. I hope our team will be good when our roster will be as well. In the meantime, you recognize good coaches with what they can do with what they have. What we've done is gave up the most points in the NFL this season.

That can't be more false. I don't care who we had as a coach. We will not win if we have a defensive backfield of Matt Giordano and the motley crew we have back there right now. Did you see our tackling and angles out there? Definitely not NFL calibur. And we have no running game either. Our OL is either too old or just bad in too many spots. And don't even get me started on the OC's playcalling.

So what can be done without quality players??? Not much in just one house cleaning year.

But Allen change the running game to zone. It was working before he changed. Same thing with the secondary these are all new players brought in by Allen. This is the team he made and now you're making excuses for him.?
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our run game has been excellent the last two games. The change in scheme wasn't the mistake Allen and Reggie made, it was keeping McFadden.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the problem as I see it. How is Allen running practice?
Are they being physical in practice? Are they practicing tackling, blocking and getting off blocks or are they just doing walk-throughs? Are they spending enough time the classroom going over there responsibilities? Are the players being punished for lack of effort or mental lapses?

These are things that can be fixed but first Allen has to realize what the problems are and that is what scares me he has no clue.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Our run game has been excellent the last two games. The change in scheme wasn't the mistake Allen and Reggie made, it was keeping McFadden.

Picking up yards when you're down by 20 and the other team is in a prevent defense is not the same thing as a running game.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Picking up yards when you're down by 20 and the other team is in a prevent defense is not the same thing as a running game.

It's still something that McFadden couldn't even manage to do.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Give him a couple years, some solid starters, and a playmaker or two on defense and I expect we will see a competitive team.

No kidding. I hope our team will be good when our roster will be as well. In the meantime, you recognize good coaches with what they can do with what they have. What we've done is gave up the most points in the NFL this season.

That can't be more false. I don't care who we had as a coach. We will not win if we have a defensive backfield of Matt Giordano and the motley crew we have back there right now. Did you see our tackling and angles out there? Definitely not NFL calibur. And we have no running game either. Our OL is either too old or just bad in too many spots. And don't even get me started on the OC's playcalling.

So what can be done without quality players??? Not much in just one house cleaning year.

I'm not judging this team by wins and losses. I had this team at 6 wins before the season so my expectations were modest. I knew everything would have to go right for this team to be better than that and it was just unrealistic. The issue is everything went wrong and i don't see the improvements (even so slight) that would make me believe in the coaching.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:

You're right that's because he's a power runner not a zone runner. That's one of the problems I see with Allen is trying to fit square pegs in round holes.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:

You're right that's because he's a power runner not a zone runner. That's one of the problems I see with Allen is trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

As I said, they made a mistake by not dumping McFadden.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:

If the coach dumps him for a third round pick and he rushes for 1400 yards with the new team,which is possible. The coach gets fired that's why they won't do it.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:

If the coach dumps him for a third round pick and he rushes for 1400 yards with the new team,which is possible. The coach gets fired that's why they won't do it.

About a 5% chance of that happening though.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:

About a 5% chance of that happening though.

Call it job security. It's a thin line between keeping the players happy and doing what you want to do. All coaches want to call out players, trade them and punish them for their stupidity. They'll just end up alienating the team.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Those preaching consistency are going to get it. We will consistently be a 3 to 5 win team with Dennis Allen. Enjoy that consistency.

Where is the logic in that? Maybe he gets a play maker or 2 to work with and some overall talent and actually has a chance.

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Hue Jackson won 8 games with this team. Same talent more or less, and he was also a rookie HC. This team has not only had zero improvement, it has immediately regressed in every way. This team is less competitive than the second stint of Art Shell. That says it all.

3 > 2 right? Because that's how many games Shell won in 2006. Also, you forget the Raiders lost Whimbley who was their best defensive player (sadly).

justwinbaby81 wrote:
I gotta drive ten hours home from Cincy tomorrow. I was at the Ravens game two weeks ago. I have witnessed the Raiders give up 99 points in two games. You can bet your [inappropriate/removed] I will buy no tickets next year if this guy is coach. He has given me no reason to think he will be successful next season, and you don't let the captain continue to sink the ship if you know he can't steer the damn boat.

Simple minds I guess. Perhaps give the team time to find some actual talent, then judge. You are blind if you think coaching is 100% the issue. Jackson dropped 4 of his last 5 in some ugly fashion due to poor defense and STs. Why? No talent. But we forget that because the Raiders were 8-8 as if that is meaningful or something.

I kinda wish Jackson would have stayed coach, because it'd been the same result. You have a talentless team. Throw in another year on guys like Kelly and Seymour who've been the closest thing to 'good' over the last 2 years. Take away the only pass rusher the team has. Enjoy life with a poor right side to the Oline.

Jackson would have failed this season just as he finished 2011.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: