Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How many more consecutive loses can Allen survive?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3568
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: How many more consecutive loses can Allen survive? Reply with quote

We are currently on a 4 game losing streak

We have

Browns
Broncos
Chiefs
@Panthers
@Chargers

Not to tough but if theoretically lose the next 3 home games does Allen stay the HC? I know it's a tough proposition, and i want Allen to finish his contract.

But is there any chance he could be in jeopardy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 4474
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes not going anywhere and if he does get the boot i wont be mad at all. Flags or no Flags this team is still very stupid
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4393
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarver and Knapp will go before Allen.
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thelawoffices


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 14026
Location: Depths of Gillette Mountain
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could lose the next 5 games, and he'd be back next season.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nightmare


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2758
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
We could lose the next 5 games, and he'd be back next season.


This.

Think we win 2 of the last 5.
_________________
Quote:
Warren Sapp is a fool. That dude is stupid. He played for the Raiders 20 years ago, no one cares what he says, nobody likes him, hes a joke.
^ ^ ^ Chaz Schilens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One he doesn't lose the players or throw them under the bus he should be fine.
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 6257
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
We could lose the next 5 games, and he'd be back next season.


And

Dessie wrote:
Tarver and Knapp will go before Allen.


This isn't the regime of old. Allen will get a fair shot at improving this team. Not 8-10 games like previous coaches.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14106
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand how a defensive minded coach whose team has just allowed 169 points in the last 4 games seems so safe to all of you. He's gonna get a pass because it's his first year on the job? If you start on a job and you're absolutely terrible at it or at least the results you get are terrible, your boss is gonna let you keep it because you're new? I wish i had the same boss.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I really don't understand how a defensive minded coach whose team has just allowed 169 points in the last 4 games seems so safe to all of you. He's gonna get a pass because it's his first year on the job? If you start on a job and you're absolutely terrible at it or at least the results you get are terrible, your boss is gonna let you keep it because you're new? I wish i had the same boss.



Depends on your job. If your job involvement writing documents/reports and your boss gave you a typewriter and told you that you'd have a desktop in years time he'd probably give you a good bit of leeway in the first year.
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14106
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
I really don't understand how a defensive minded coach whose team has just allowed 169 points in the last 4 games seems so safe to all of you. He's gonna get a pass because it's his first year on the job? If you start on a job and you're absolutely terrible at it or at least the results you get are terrible, your boss is gonna let you keep it because you're new? I wish i had the same boss.



Depends on your job. If your job involvement writing documents/reports and your boss gave you a typewriter and told you that you'd have a desktop in years time he'd probably give you a good bit of leeway in the first year.


Right, so the question is is he getting the best of what he has to work with? To me, he's not. No well coached team should give up that many points over the last 4 games.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawsonleery


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 642
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Davis can't fire Dennis Allen after only one season. He will make himself look bad around the NFL, no coaches will come to Oakland if they only get 16 games to prove themselves. Raiders could very well end up 3-13... If Allen has a similar season next year he will be in real trouble, not now though. Allen will be safe but its on him to fire Knapp and Traver... Who both need to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2780
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
I really don't understand how a defensive minded coach whose team has just allowed 169 points in the last 4 games seems so safe to all of you. He's gonna get a pass because it's his first year on the job? If you start on a job and you're absolutely terrible at it or at least the results you get are terrible, your boss is gonna let you keep it because you're new? I wish i had the same boss.



Depends on your job. If your job involvement writing documents/reports and your boss gave you a typewriter and told you that you'd have a desktop in years time he'd probably give you a good bit of leeway in the first year.


Right, so the question is is he getting the best of what he has to work with? To me, he's not. No well coached team should give up that many points over the last 4 games.


Hmmm, even bill belichick's defenses have done this no one is firing him. Thing is you don't just cut bait on a first year HC just because your team sucks. Ever head coach should get a year at least. I don't understand why people think this was the playoff season with who we lost and what we gained.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
I really don't understand how a defensive minded coach whose team has just allowed 169 points in the last 4 games seems so safe to all of you. He's gonna get a pass because it's his first year on the job? If you start on a job and you're absolutely terrible at it or at least the results you get are terrible, your boss is gonna let you keep it because you're new? I wish i had the same boss.



Depends on your job. If your job involvement writing documents/reports and your boss gave you a typewriter and told you that you'd have a desktop in years time he'd probably give you a good bit of leeway in the first year.


Right, so the question is is he getting the best of what he has to work with? To me, he's not. No well coached team should give up that many points over the last 4 games.



He probably isn't, but he's a rookie HC with a rookie DC so I expect growing pains.
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14106
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I don't understand why people think this was the playoff season with who we lost and what we gained.


And i don't understand why people always come talking about the playoffs. I'm one fan who wasn't expecting the playoffs. I also wasn't expecting to get blown out every week at the 3/4 point of the season. You didn't have to be expecting much to be disappointed by what we're showing right now.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32143
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 5 games left? Hmmmmmm, how about 5? How thick are some of the people on here? Geez.

These aren't Al Davis Times any more. You can't just axe a coach (let alone one whose HC cherry you just popped) after one year. I'd even bet Tarver stays too. The only one who I almost guarantee is gone is Knapp.
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group