Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Inadvertent Whistle" vs Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Why did the Bengals get a repeat of down ? Surely the whistle sounded when the official thought the ball was out of play so it was either an incomplete pass or the ball was fumbled out of bounds?

This is what made it such a hideous call.
I get the whistle making it a dead play. It's bad enough we lost the recovery and TD, and the right to challenge. But it happens.

But in what universe does the incomplete or fumbled pass end up being a replay of down at the offense's discretion?! Like the play didn't happen because of the whistle? Maybe, if the whistle was blown at the beginning of the play. But after it was a completed play? It's nothing short of mind boggling.

Never seen a failed offensive play result in a replay of down at the choosing of the offense. There's always something I have never seen in football somehow going against the Raiders. It's like we are the NFL's satellite team that weeds out the flaws in the rules by suffering from them.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Totty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Which player was the DUMBEST in that whole debacle???

Kelly. Had no business being on the field.

Seriously. He is the dumbest player on the team. Houston shouldn't have been tossed but Kelly's presence made it worse. We can't cut that dude fast enough.

seemed to me that houston and #77's helmet's facemasks locked on the side which kinda hyped it up even more. that was the best moment of the game imo

He headbutted Houston so I don't know what to say about that. Sad thing is nobody is gonna talk about the terrible penalty. All the focus will be on the fight and TV heads will trash on us as usual.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: "Inadvertent Whistle" vs Bengals Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
GJT1347 wrote:
A horrific blown call by the "real" refs cost the Raiders.....

That was without a doubt a terrible call and it just adds to the current frustration for us but it really didn't cost us much. We were losing this game anyway.

Add in the BS clipping call before that and it cost us at least 10 points.

I think we were down by 3 scores with less than 10 minutes to play.

Would have been 27-17 with either a TD on that offensive drive or the resultant TD return, with 8 left. Not 10 points, because if the first score happens then the second doesn't.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Why did the Bengals get a repeat of down ? Surely the whistle sounded when the official thought the ball was out of play so it was either an incomplete pass or the ball was fumbled out of bounds?

Probably some obscure rule about blowing the play dead when it is actually not resulting in a repeat of down.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Dessie wrote:

I get the whistle making it a dead play. It's bad enough we lost the recovery and TD, and the right to challenge. But it happens.

But in what universe does the incomplete or fumbled pass end up being a replay of down at the offense's discretion?! Like the play didn't happen because of the whistle? Maybe, if the whistle was blown at the beginning of the play. But after it was a completed play? It's nothing short of mind boggling.

Never seen a failed offensive play result in a replay of down at the choosing of the offense. There's always something I have never seen in football somehow going against the Raiders. It's like we are the NFL's satellite team that weeds out the flaws in the rules by suffering from them.

Absolutely ridiculous that the Bengals still had another 3rd down attempt. Add in the fact the Bengals had players come off the bench to get involved as well it just shows the refs incompetence.

Pretty sure I saw Giordano signal to our bench to get on the field during the fight.
#clueless
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Dessie wrote:

Only vs the Raiders I guess can the refs knowingly blow a call and still give the other team the benefit. Insane. I mean its 4th down at worst but instead they give them the CHOICE to keep the ball where it popped loose or replay the down. I miss the replacements. Their ignorance would have let that play go on.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Dessie wrote:

Only vs the Raiders I guess can the refs knowingly blow a call and still give the other team the benefit. Insane. I mean its 4th down at worst but instead they give them the CHOICE to keep the ball where it popped loose or replay the down. I miss the replacements. Their ignorance would have let that play go on.

I miss em too. We would be better off with them any way you slice that play.

Another hilarity of it, they took three minutes discussing it so they could eventually make the worst most failed call possible.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/11/25/fight-between-raiders-and-bengals-results-in-three-ejections/

vid right here. Dunlap came of the bench and didn't get ejected lulz of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
BNich0622

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who gets cut this week?

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNich0622 wrote:

please cut gio

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:

Pretty sure I saw Giordano signal to our bench to get on the field during the fight.

I was wondering how it would be until someone subtly tried to defend Kelly. Lawson wasn't the participant that Kelly was. However, even if Lawson ran on the field with an axe and decapitated someone. This isn't the 5th grade where "everybody was doing it" defense applies. This team needs smart players who play in control. Curry tried to compensate for his inability to dominate with over-aggression, intimidation and personal fouls. That's why he is gone. I will have tremendously more respect for the coaching staff if TK is cut on Monday.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Dessie wrote:

I was wondering how it would be until someone subtly tried to defend Kelly. Lawson wasn't the participant that Kelly was. However, even if Lawson ran on the field with an axe and decapitated someone. This isn't the 5th grade where "everybody was doing it" defense applies. This team needs smart players who play in control. Curry tried to compensate for his inability to dominate with over-aggression, intimidation and personal fouls. That's why he is gone. I will have tremendously more respect for the coaching staff if TK is cut on Monday.

Wtf are you going on about ? Subtly defending Kelly ? Talk about reading into things too much. Have a look at the video and see what Giordano is doing and come back to me. I would have no problem if the team cuts Kelly. Giordano should be gone as well IMO, he is terrible.

Pretty sure it was Carlos Dunlap that was the Bengal on the field not sure where the Lawson reference comes from . Oh and btw I called for Curry to be cut during the summer so not sure why he was mentioned.
#clueless
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone tell what Hue was telling Kelly? Was Kelly screaming at Hue or over his head? Kind of irrelevant, but still interesting.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else see Hue Jackson in the middle of the fight, talking to Tommy kelly. I miss that guy

Edit ^^^^ i guess so.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNich0622 wrote:

McClain! I guess McClain! What do I win?!

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: