Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I called out Timmons before this season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wallace and I don't think it's even close. He completely disappeared past 2 games when we needed him most.

All the talk about money, raise, and extension.

All the talk, yet no performance/consistent playing is supporting his case.

More games go on, more easier I'm on the idea of letting him go in off-season.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wallace. I've defended him many times since I do want him resigned but I'm getting tired doing it.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't want to call Mike Wallace out. He might play well in 2013 as a result.

that won't do us any good, as he won't do it in a Steelers uniform.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh unfair to call out Troy. He's put his time in, we had to expect him to break down at some point.

What are you going to call Mike Wallace out on? I don't think anyone is delusional about what he is. I don't know where this idea that he's supposed to be Megatron and win every game by himself has come from. If you want him to "step up" how about you get a QB who can get the ball to him?

A number of the guys who would of been called out, have stepped up a bit in recent weeks. Timmons seems to be finding his explosiveness again.

Call out the RB's. All of them. Redman/Dwyer both had a couple of okay games. What more can you say about any RB aside from those couple of performances? I can't believe how bad Mendenhall is now, I never saw him as being that bad.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OL as a unit, and the conditioning coaches.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Marcus Gilbert. He seems soft and he needs some kind of motivation!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
I'm thinking Marcus Gilbert. He seems soft and he needs some kind of motivation!

Hopefully he's motivated now because he'll probably in the starting lineup next week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Pouncey? Not that he's bad, but he's definitely capable of being much better.
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a sec, I thought you hated Timmons play....or at least felt it was below the line. I think there have been many colorful iterations of the word soft associated with his name in your posts.

Are you saying that calling him out has made him suck less or is now playing an acceptable ILB role?

Looks like the same Timmons from 2010 to me.

If you're juju does work tho, please work some up for Curtis Brown.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodley has unfortunately had a hamstring and an ankle injury. He is one of the most complete LBs in the game so you who say call him out watch more closely. Hes putting in work in other aspects of the game in run support and pass coverage. I agree it be nice if he had 8 or 9 sacks right now but he isnt in need of a call out.

Id say Worilds & Gilbert would be my two guys Id call out. Id like another young CB to step up too. Cortez is doing fine but Id love to see Curtis brown step up and be a factor other than just special teams (which hes great at)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
Call out the RB's. All of them. Redman/Dwyer both had a couple of okay games. What more can you say about any RB aside from those couple of performances? I can't believe how bad Mendenhall is now, I never saw him as being that bad.

If you want to call out the running game...call out the real issue....the OLine.

They are too up and down, and while Im not saying the RBs have been great, too often people want to blame the RBs for poor games when not even Adrian Peterson could have ran behind the line we had.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

If you want to call out the running game...call out the real issue....the OLine.

They are too up and down, and while Im not saying the RBs have been great, too often people want to blame the RBs for poor games when not even Adrian Peterson could have ran behind the line we had.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you about the OL. While there wasn't huge holes to run through the RBs never gave the OL a chance to prove otherwise. Can't have holes when the RBs are putting the ball on the grown on every carry.

There are gonna be teams the Steelers can't run on we all know this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

I'm gonna have to disagree with you about the OL. While there wasn't huge holes to run through the RBs never gave the OL a chance to prove otherwise. Can't have holes when the RBs are putting the ball on the grown on every carry.

I didnt see the game yesterday so I cant comment.

Yesterday was clearly a fluke. Our RBs dont usually look nearly that bad and dont fumble that much.

The vast majority of the season, our issues in the running game have been OLine related.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

I didnt see the game yesterday so I cant comment.

Yesterday was clearly a fluke. Our RBs dont usually look nearly that bad and dont fumble that much.

The vast majority of the season, our issues in the running game have been OLine related.

I grudgingly watch every second of that game. The OL was dominating but they weren't get dominated either. They gave Chuck all sorts of time in the pocket.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelproven, it's hard to make a strong sentiment about playcalling and O-line consistency when you are playing with a 3rd strong QB and you are a playmaker out. They have been literally saying aloud "We got to run the ball to win".

They might as well hand the playbook over. Browns saw the situation and took advantage of it, simple as that. We ran a lot early on, I mean too PREDICTABLE that Bruce Arians seem secretive about his playcallings!

Since no one mention this... I'm calling out the coaching staffs WHO bench a running back every time he fumbled the ball.

THAT IS NOT HOW YOU COACH A TEAM!

I'm a running back myself, I know this when I say this; fumbling is the worst thing that can happen to a running back, not an injury. They went from Mendenhall to Redman, Dwyer, Mendenhall, the Rainey (when he got hurt) then... Dwyer!

You all saw them sitting together in game, they all are livid with themselves, completely disappointed, and no confidence. You put trust into a running back and let him know you have his back when you play to win! Adrian Peterson had fumbling issues (really bad during his rookie year) and did they bench him? no.

There's many RBs who had that issue, you stick it with him to let him trust himself more. I'm just.. disappointed in that decisions those coaching staffs made. It's hard believing that one of our RB will top 50 yards against ravens after what they had to tolerant with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: