Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Chargers vs Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
In addition to Weddle, the post game injury report has 8 more guys on it, including Butler (groin), Stuckey (hamstring; in the 1st half), Liuget (tibia; yikes!), Bigby (groin), Garay (thigh), Clary (thigh), Barnes (hamstring; re-aggravation of a previous injury, but he played through it), and Alexander (thigh).

Any thing about Gachkar? I'm pretty sure he broke a rib or two on a sideline play, and then it took him out on the next play. It looked bad.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
The LBC wrote:
In addition to Weddle, the post game injury report has 8 more guys on it, including Butler (groin), Stuckey (hamstring; in the 1st half), Liuget (tibia; yikes!), Bigby (groin), Garay (thigh), Clary (thigh), Barnes (hamstring; re-aggravation of a previous injury, but he played through it), and Alexander (thigh).

Any thing about Gachkar? I'm pretty sure he broke a rib or two on a sideline play, and then it took him out on the next play. It looked bad.

Nothing I'm seeing (that includes from Twitter, Acee, Gehlken, Fox Sports, Rotoworld, and KFFL).

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good. Not good at all.

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers ILB Donald Butler (groin) is not expected to play in Week 13.
The Chargers' defense got decimated by injury in Sunday's overtime loss to the Ravens as seven players left early. 2011 second-round pick Jonas Mouton is expected to be active this week and could see the majority of snaps on early downs.

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers SS Atari Bigby will reportedly miss 3-5 weeks with a groin injury sustained in Week 12.
A source tells the U-T San Diego that the injury is "pretty bad." With just five games left in the season, Bigby will be a candidate for injured reserve. The 31-year-old had been the Chargers' second-leading tackler (6Cool through 11 games. Corey Lynch took Bigby's place after the injury while a concussion and hamstring injury sidelined Eric Weddle and Darrell Stuckey respectively.

Looks like we'll get to see what Taylor has. Maybe we'll get to see somebody at least try to form tackle.

JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouton and Taylor time. Kind of excited ot see what they can do. Hope Troutman gets ready soon, Hadnot was a turnstile.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Hope Troutman gets ready soon, Hadnot was a turnstile.

Has anybody seen anything about Troutman and Dombro? They initially said neither would play this year. Then they said they were practicing, and they had 21 days to decide to activate them or not. Haven't heard anything since, and the deadline should be about up.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Has anybody seen anything about Troutman and Dombro? They initially said neither would play this year. Then they said they were practicing, and they had 21 days to decide to activate them or not. Haven't heard anything since, and the deadline should be about up.

Rotoworld on Troutman wrote:
Troutman tore his pectoral muscle while lifting weights just days before being selected in the fifth round of April's NFL Draft. Once he steps onto the practice field, the Chargers will have three weeks to either activate Troutman or send him to season-ending injured reserve. The rookie is not expected to play this year, but he could emerge as a mauling run-blocking guard down the road. Nov 3 - 6:31 PM

and

Rotoworld on Dombrowski wrote:
The Bolts have a three-week window to activate the reserve linemen from the PUP list. Coach Norv Turner suggested two weeks that both players are likely to miss the rest of the season. Nov 6 - 6:44 PM

In short... no hope.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 7 pick (I'll hold out hope for Top 5, but I still think the only way that happens is if we lose to the Raiders and the Panthers), here we come!

My only hope is that we go the route the Packers went and draft the best blue chip player as opposed to going strictly off of need. Yes... we need OL, but I'm still convinced that with Gaither being under contract for one more year that we aren't likely to see Dean and whoever the GM is invest a Top 10 pick in an LT that, in their minds, could never see time at that position until year 4 of his rookie contract if by some miracle Gaither gets his act together.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Rotoworld on Troutman wrote:
Troutman tore his pectoral muscle while lifting weights just days before being selected in the fifth round of April's NFL Draft. Once he steps onto the practice field, the Chargers will have three weeks to either activate Troutman or send him to season-ending injured reserve. The rookie is not expected to play this year, but he could emerge as a mauling run-blocking guard down the road. Nov 3 - 6:31 PM

and

Rotoworld on Dombrowski wrote:
The Bolts have a three-week window to activate the reserve linemen from the PUP list. Coach Norv Turner suggested two weeks that both players are likely to miss the rest of the season. Nov 6 - 6:44 PM

In short... no hope.

They still haven't been moved to IR, and they were both practicing a few days after those reports came out. If they're not going to return, they have to be moved to IR, and not be the designated to return list.

Not that either will save the season, but I'm just curious now.

Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent Brown has been a ghost for the last month as well.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Zappaz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chargers made moves this afternoon, placing Atari Bigby on Injured Reserve and re-signing linebacker Bront Bird.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
The Chargers made moves this afternoon, placing Atari Bigby on Injured Reserve and re-signing linebacker Bront Bird.

Oh boy?

I'd like to know what purpose Bird serves?

JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Zappaz wrote:

Oh boy?

I'd like to know what purpose Bird serves?

Don't see Drew? Bird.... well Bird is the word.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought they'd bring in Bird as soon as Gachkar got banged up. Not sure his status but I don't remember him returning to the game after he got hurt. If he misses time we'd be down to Spikes and D.Williams at ILB unless we moved Ingram inside. Probably why we brought Bird in. I say give Ingram more snaps either inside or out.
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot Mouton probably coming back this week. But not for sure I guess. And of course I didn't forget Butler, it just sounds like he's down another week from what Ive read
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers will not activate OL Brandyn Dombrowski (foot) and Johnnie Troutman (torn pectoral/knee surgery) off PUP, ending their seasons.
Troutman is signed for 2013, but Dombrowski is not. Troutman was a fifth-round pick last April, and will compete for one of the Chargers' final roster spots next summer. Coming into 2012, Dombrowski had appeared in at least 15 games each of the past three seasons.

Figured that was going to be the case. Would have been nice to get Dombro back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: