Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

London FLetcher 20/20 club

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griff3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: London FLetcher 20/20 club Reply with quote

With the interception in the Dallas game, Fletcher now has 20 in his career to go with his 35 sacks. This makes him part of exclusive club filled with Ray LEwis, Ronde Barber, and many more talented defensive individuals.

Congratulations to him on the accomplishment.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right when we think he has lost a step......BAM! Dallas! He shows up big time Cool

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Hall of Fame! Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Hello Hall of Fame! Cool

Hall of the Very Good.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Hello Hall of Fame! Cool

Hall of the Very Good.
You can't deny his production, longevity and streak. This accomplishment is just another notch on his belt. He's also won a superbowl and been to another one. I think he gets in, maybe not early on but eventually I think he will.

He's the top tackler in the NFL since he joined the league. If that doesn't get him in along with this accomplishment, winning a superbowl and playing in another superbowl, I'm not sure what does...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bye week surely helped him--I was impressed with his enthusiam on the sideline ,,watching the offense.. He was really into the game ..
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Hello Hall of Fame! Cool

Hall of the Very Good.
You can't deny his production, longevity and streak. This accomplishment is just another notch on his belt. He's also won a superbowl and been to another one. I think he gets in, maybe not early on but eventually I think he will.

He's the top tackler in the NFL since he joined the league. If that doesn't get him in along with this accomplishment, winning a superbowl and playing in another superbowl, I'm not sure what does...

Tackles mean little in the grand scheme of things.

Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher and Derrick Brooks are all but assured. When you add Ware, Willis, and whoever else emerges in this decade, it will be a crowded group - CMIII is probably going to get there, and it certainly seems like Von Miller and Aldon Smith are going to be remain elite talents who produce.

All those players will have the accolades that London Fletcher doesn't. I would be shocked if Von and Aldon do not win a SB in their careers. His only chance is the senior committee because the voters will not vote him in, imo.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we'll see...

Seems like an Art Monk case to me

BigJohnson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this argument almost bi-weekly with my friends who are Ravens fans
i think Fletcher SHOULD be a HOFer no doubt. he's played like one his entire career

that being said i do not think he will make it. maybe a while down the road, but he's always been overlooked and while he does have a ring, he has a ring playing for a great offensive team. he's always been the leader of the Defenses he's played on, but unfortunately they've never been defenses like the Bears or the Ravens etc.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/an-aging-london-fletcher-marshals-experience-energy-for-redskins-run-to-the-playoffs/2012/12/25/6d4dd424-4de3-11e2-950a-7863a013264b_story.html?wprss=rss_redskins

Old man Fletcher gives this team experience, and energy for Redskins run to the playoffs

I liked reading this article. I want through a variety of topics on fletcher. From how he barely practices and struggles to get through the week to be one of the best players on the field on Sundays. He's this teams leader and voice still and brings energy. He's a teacher to young lbs like Alexander, Riley and Robinson. If fact we've drafted 6 Ilbs since we signed Fletch in 07 and signed others in FA but he still remains. His longevity is amazing.

Quote:
This is what brought him to the NFL, and now it’s his mastery of football’s details that is keeping him here. Haslett said he’s coached only two players with a similar understanding of the game: Rod Woodson, the Hall of Fame former defensive back, and Darren Perry, now an assistant coach for the Green Bay Packers.

Haslett walks with Fletcher sometimes, vocalizing the squiggles and lines that pass through his mind. Coaches see plays as diagrams and words like “tornado” and “fire.” Usually players begin studying their coaches’ complex plans on Wednesday evenings, four days before a game. Fletcher sees what Haslett sees; he can visualize not only the plan but how it’ll play out. Haslett said Fletcher can watch film and, 15 minutes later, walk to the field and execute what he saw.

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I guess we'll see...

Please do not compare Fletcher to Monk. Two TOTALLY different scenarios.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I guess we'll see...

Please do not compare Fletcher to Monk. Two TOTALLY different scenarios.
how so?

Fletcher has led his decade in tackles. He's been to two Super Bowls, won 1. He's now has 23 career ints to go with 35 sacks. Nearly 2000 tackles. He has the thing going that I won't mention which is unheard of for an ilb.

I mean what else does someone have to do to get into the hall of fame?

He has all the individual accomplishments, he has team accomplishments.

It's not his fault that buffalo and DC didnt build a good offensive team when he was there and here. For the most part he's been the leader on some of the best defensive units in the past decade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: