Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trent Williams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Trent Williams Reply with quote

I'm watching Inside the NFL and they have Trent mic'd up. His highlights vs the Eagles are nice. The guy seems to have a great,fun personality and he really seems to love the game. Hes playing like a number 4 overall pick and is just plain dominant! He's a beast,he's easily the second best player on our team. He'll make his first pro bowl this season and I believe he'll have a Chris Samuels impact as far as career goes. We have our LT for the next 10 years....time to get the other bookend.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love what Trent is doing and I've been pleased with Polumbus, too.

Shanahan making Trent Williams a Captain shows his faith in the maturation of the young LT.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent is definitely playing care free, focused and like a pro bowler this year.

Polumbus is playing like the back up he is. One Of the 5worst starting tackles in the league I saw on football outsiders a while back. Rt has to be upgraded.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read he sustained a deep thigh bruise on the 3rd play of the game -- to go along with a bad ankle and knee.. Toughed it out and played hurt the entire game .. He is becoming a pro's Pro..! A leader.
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent is well on his way to being an All-Pro tackle. He is a top 5 LT this season, and certainly in the conversation for the best LT. If he plays at the same level (or better) next season, he'll get the accolade (All-Pro).

As much as I would love to have Eric Berry on this team, considering the salary of that #4 slot in the last year of gargantuan contracts, it was the right decision. Even though he accounts for ~$14M of this year's cap, and $6.6 in 2013 and 9.6M, if he plays like an All-Pro for all three of those years an AAV of $10MM then it's worth it. Factor in his last year, and the average is $10.74M.

FYI: Joe Thomas' recent deal pays him an average of $11.5M per year.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just get someone better than Polumbus to play on the other side! Competent Compton, maybe? Yes, I just gave him a nickname. Laughing
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Let's just get someone better than Polumbus to play on the other side! Competent Compton, maybe? Yes, I just gave him a nickname. Laughing

I think Polo is an average NFL R T-- and that is better than I hoped for back in August ..
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanahan praises Trent
Quote:
"He's the best athlete, offensive lineman I've ever been around," Shanahan said. "He's got tremendous quickness, pass protection, running game - everything you look for in a lineman. The sky is the limit for him."

Trent wants to be THE BEST ,I think at the rate he's going he will be soon.
Quote:
Five years down the line I want it to be a consensus that I am the best tackle in the game. I'm going to continue to work hard until I reach that goal.

http://m.redskins.com/s/30856/newsDetails?itemPos=1&itemUri=-203874985%2F61341261201471469116610765

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Shanahan praises Trent
Quote:
"He's the best athlete, offensive lineman I've ever been around," Shanahan said. "He's got tremendous quickness, pass protection, running game - everything you look for in a lineman. The sky is the limit for him."

Trent wants to be THE BEST ,I think at the rate he's going he will be soon.
Quote:
Five years down the line I want it to be a consensus that I am the best tackle in the game. I'm going to continue to work hard until I reach that goal.

http://m.redskins.com/s/30856/newsDetails?itemPos=1&itemUri=-203874985%2F61341261201471469116610765

Ever? Shanahan...? Wow Shocked Awesome to hear he has dedicated himself to the game and becoming great. He will have that opportunity here, and a great young QB and a top running game finally to make his efforts worthwhile
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:

I think Polo is an average NFL R T-- and that is better than I hoped for back in August ..

He looked worse than the Cardinals tackles in the preseason but he has been quite a pleasant surprise. His run blocking is actually very good. I have been very happy with the play of Polo. Do we need to upgrade the position? Probably. But Polo has answered the bell when called and I'd like to keep him here as a good backup and spot starter for years to come.

mike23md on the sig!
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got beat handily by Umenyiora on one of the first pass plays and JPP shrugged him off a couple of times during runs, but otherwise did everything well.

Last edited by footy_29 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the beauty of this: The Giants had no sacks last night. NONE Shocked

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been really impressive and far and away the best LT in the division this year. It will be interesting to see how Peters returns. The NFC E could have a very nice collection of LT's for the foreseeable future if Peters returns to form and Smith continues to develop. We can all laugh at the Giants, then.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
He's been really impressive and far and away the best LT in the division this year. It will be interesting to see how Peters returns. The NFC E could have a very nice collection of LT's for the foreseeable future if Peters returns to form and Smith continues to develop. We can all laugh at the Giants, then.

I have my doubts about Peters coming back as anything more than an adequate starter - I doubt his athleticism will be close to what it was, and that will be a big blow.

I think Tyron Smith can be a top 10 LT, or better, in this league. Much like Trent in his first ~20 games, he needs to become more consistent every snap. I was pretty disappointed the Cowboys were able to draft him.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/12/21/trent-williams-sheds-knucklehead-persona/

Great article about Trent today on how he's changed his life around and has shaken the persona that he was another knuckleheads we drafted.

But Williams did something a lot of miscreants don’t do. He owned up to his mistake, didn’t hide in a shell of denial or blame his problems on others. The third-year left tackle did not want to be remembered as a dope-head, and he set his sights on having his name associated with nicer words.

Pro Bowl left tackle, for example.

Quote:
“I bust my butt all offseason with that on my mind, and it fueled my fire a lot of days,” Williams said. “And to be able to come out and perform with the best in the league and be noted as a Pro Bowl guy, it’d just mean that all my hard work, it just wasn’t (whistling) in the wind. That accolade would just kind of let people know how far I’ve come and how far I’m matured and the type of player I’ve become. That’s what I really want to be known for.

“I don’t want to be known for the guy who failed multiple drug tests. That is me, in a sense. It did happen. I embrace that wholeheartedly. That happened, but I have an opportunity to change it, and that’s what I want to do.”

Coach Mike Shanahan last week said that Williams is having a Pro Bowl season, although coaches naturally push any player who’s doing well.
Also, everyone loves a player who plays hurt, and Williams has been doing just that since Thanksgiving Day, when he collided with teammate Kory Lichtensteiger early in the win over the Dallas Cowboys. “They couldn’t drain it. It was too deep,” Williams said. “So there was nothing I could do but play through the pain.”

“It slows me down, definitely,” Williams said. “I have to rely more on my coaching and technique, other than just trying to use athletic ability to go out and maul guys.”

“The question was work ethic,” Shanahan said. “When’s he going to get to the next level? I’ve seen that maturity since he’s been here, learning how to be a pro, learning how to be accountable, learning how to lead, different things that you’re hoping your guys are going to do.”

“Trent’s stepped up his level of commitment to the team,” Lichtensteiger said. “To be elected captain after an incident like that says a lot about how we feel about him as a player, as a leader on this team. It’s been a really good year for him, both on the field and off the field in the locker room.”
Trent has started every game this season despite that he’s been playing at about 70 percent in the three games since he was bruised his thigh. He said if he had an injury like this in his rookie year he woukd have been on IR because he wouldn’t have been able to play with better technique and smarter.

Teammates have seen a new and improved Trent since the offseason program and at training camp. They rewarded him by electing team captain on the offense. Outsiders questioned the move but the players saw someone who had moved on from his troubles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: