Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fairley Better than Suh.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whos Better
Fairley
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Suh
74%
 74%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 27

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
They're really beginning to feed off each other.

Suh receives the double-teams, and Fairley makes them pay. What's impressive about Suh though is that he still consistently brings the pressure on almost every down. If our secondary could hold up better, he'd easily get double-digit sacks this season.........and who knows how many FFs and injured QBs would result.

Hopefully next year.

I think a bigger problem then our secondary has been the ineffective play of our DEs. If our DEs were doing a better job keeping the QB's from escaping a collapsed pocket our sack numbers as a team would skyrocket.
While it's true that our DEs have been relatively ineffective, IMO our safeties have been horrid, and are by far the weakest unit on our team outside of STs.

Land a couple legit Ss, and I believe you'll see increased sack #s from everyone of our defensive linemen.

I would love to see the Lions land a difference maker at DE and Safety.
I'd love Johnthan Banks in the 1st, Tank Carradine in the 2nd and Rambo in the 2nd with a trade up. I think Banks can a lockdown CB, Carradine could be an elite DE but will drop with the recently torn ACL, and Rambo is my kind of safety. Will destroy the receiver when needed and can force fumbles just below a Tillman level. Good in deep coverage too.

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Suh receives the double-teams, and Fairley makes them pay. What's impressive about Suh though is that he still consistently brings the pressure on almost every down. If our secondary could hold up better, he'd easily get double-digit sacks this season.........and who knows how many FFs and injured QBs would result.

Hopefully next year.

I think a bigger problem then our secondary has been the ineffective play of our DEs. If our DEs were doing a better job keeping the QB's from escaping a collapsed pocket our sack numbers as a team would skyrocket.
While it's true that our DEs have been relatively ineffective, IMO our safeties have been horrid, and are by far the weakest unit on our team outside of STs.

Land a couple legit Ss, and I believe you'll see increased sack #s from everyone of our defensive linemen.

That would be awesome. We need two starting safeties, probably two starting DEs, and two interior OL.

Let's just hope we don't see more of the same with our prime resources being spent on RBs, WRs, and TEs.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Hopefully next year.

That would be awesome. We need two starting safeties, probably two starting DEs, and two interior OL.

Let's just hope we don't see more of the same with our prime resources being spent on RBs, WRs, and TEs.

The thought of that makes me nauseous. The Lions have some excellent pieces in place currently and the last thing they need to be doing is adding more weapons.

Every year before the draft I hope for inside outside front to back and every year at some point I want to throw something at the T.V.

About the only skill position selection I liked at the time was Broyles and that's simply homerism because he was my favourite Sooner since Billy Sims.
It also helped that I saw first hand what he brings to the game week in and week out.

That said I really feel the weak links are DE and Safety but as long as they're drafting the dline, online, and secondary I would be happy.

I look at the DT position and if the Lions could complete that unit with quality talent at the ends I would be happy. If they sign Avril and add a top flight end I would also be happy. I would be happy if they added a bunch of picks in the secondary.

Heck, I would be happy if they drafted G and C.

Just get some size and toughness but stay away from more skill players.

Have you ever seen a team invest the number of resources in weapons for their young QB? I keep thinking about it but I don't recall a team that has added as many high round selections.

I don't know how others feel but I think this could be the most important draft yet for the Lions. They have lost 7 games and have a point differential of about -13. A number of O/T losses and two games lost by inadequate ST play. They have certainly regressed but they haven't been getting blown out even when units of the team or Stafford has played poorly. This draft if the right players are available, and selected the Lions could take a very big step next year.

It's really shaping up to be an exciting draft.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, this is the most important draft of my lifetime for the Lions. Phil Sims said it, Detroit has superstars on both sides of the ball. Now it's about completing the team, and we won't do that investing all our money and resources into more offensive skill positions.

I've been a mean SOB this season, I know it. But if Mayhew takes another RB or WR in the first two rounds- X, Sllim, RF- do yourselves a favor and immediately ban me after the selection has been made.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I agree, this is the most important draft of my lifetime for the Lions. Phil Sims said it, Detroit has superstars on both sides of the ball. Now it's about completing the team, and we won't do that investing all our money and resources into more offensive skill positions.

I've been a mean SOB this season, I know it. But if Mayhew takes another RB or WR in the first two rounds- X, Sllim, RF- do yourselves a favor and immediately ban me after the selection has been made.

Laughing you're not alone. I will blow a valve. Then I expect I would need to replace a television.

I expect the Lions will probably be selecting around the eight position. I don't think it likely they would take a skill player there but I'm so used to them drafting skill players high that I will sweat the selection until its made.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know they are gonna take a RB or WR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

It's a nightmare from which I can never awake.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I think they need to go defense/OL the entire draft personally

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys, but I'm prepping for us to take a WR or RB. I actually like Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Keenan Allen, and DeAndre Hopkins as 1st & 2nd talents. Jonathan Franklin is a good 3rd or 4th rounder too. I wouldn't be excited to get another skill position but at least I'd think we're getting a good player.

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

They need to replace Jahvid. Detroit has 1 run of over 20 yards, even though our team averages 4.2 yards per carry as a whole, this year. We are tied for last in longest run with Indy. We are in desperate need of a play maker in space out of the backfield. We don't run screens with our RBs that much because we have no speed in the backfield. That's why they had to trade for Mike Thomas, even though most of us hated that idea.

But I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a guy to replace Best's speed and game breaking ability. That asset on your offense is very underrated.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

They need to replace Jahvid. Detroit has 1 run of over 20 yards, even though our team averages 4.2 yards per carry as a whole, this year. We are tied for last in longest run with Indy. We are in desperate need of a play maker in space out of the backfield. We don't run screens with our RBs that much because we have no speed in the backfield. That's why they had to trade for Mike Thomas, even though most of us hated that idea.

But I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a guy to replace Best's speed and game breaking ability. That asset on your offense is very underrated.

Thought that was why they added Thomas last I read

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Giovani Bernard is your man

R.I.P. Stylish
oda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many DTs get double digit sacks in a season?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/soloTackles
Only Geno Atkins is close to double digit sacks
Not a single DT on the leaderboards for tackles

maybe we've been spoiled by Suh's terrific rookie season. When was the last time a rookie DT had double digit sacks? Dana Stubblefield in 93' almost twenty years later

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oda wrote:
How many DTs get double digit sacks in a season?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/soloTackles
Only Geno Atkins is close to double digit sacks
Not a single DT on the leaderboards for tackles

maybe we've been spoiled by Suh's terrific rookie season. When was the last time a rookie DT had double digit sacks? Dana Stubblefield in 93' almost twenty years later

Perhaps you're right. I'm not dissatisfied with his play but it is interesting the statistical decline in every category since his rookie season.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Hopefully next year.

There is absolutely no doubt that outside of the three plays Delmas was healthy our safetys have been terrible. I was thinking of our secondary in a more generalized way that included our corners, which despite the band aid nature I thought they would have this season, have played reasonably well.

But with the health of both Delmas and Speivey in question going forward, safety needs to be a priority this off season as well.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: