Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fairley Better than Suh.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whos Better
Fairley
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Suh
74%
 74%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 27

MrLionzz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Fairley Better than Suh. Reply with quote

from really watching the two play I think that fairley is more of a beast and he brings it every down. Suh is great dont get me wrong but other than a great rookie season he has been spotty. Fairley to me brings it more and brings it bigger an better. thoughts.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um wow. I hope people realize the other DT in games look better because Suh is doubled so much

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Um wow. I hope people realize the other DT in games look better because Suh is doubled so much

There is certainly more to the story than the black and white stats, but I do think Fairley has made some signifiant steps forward in his play as of late. It's nice to see his attitude change a bit and see him start to put things together on the field. Hopefully in turn it will help open things up for Suh in the future as Fairley becomes more of a threat.

Team Stylish313
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Fairley Better than Suh. Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
fairley......brings it every down.

My favorite part.

I love it when people use a players weakness and try to use it as their strength Laughing

Suh...and it isn't even close.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suh's better. He gets doubled every down, while Fairley gets a single team.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
WillParks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all intents and purposes, this is Nick Fairley's rookie season. He has made a lot of improvement over the last three games. He does benefit from Suh and Sammie Hill getting double-teamed. At this point, I would say Suh is the better player. However, if Fairley keeps making steady improvement and adjustments to his game he will become a better player than Suh because Suh's game hasn't really changed that much since his rookie year.
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a team sport, they compliment each other a lot.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad this is even worthy of a thread, regardless of who agrees with the OP. If these guys can manage to make each other more dominant, we'll have a bright future on defense.

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I'm just glad this is even worthy of a thread, regardless of who agrees with the OP. If these guys can manage to make each other more dominant, we'll have a bright future on defense.
Just like the Florida State DE's. The QB tries to avoid one and runs right into the other.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

If Suh can keep himself on the field.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're really beginning to feed off each other.

Suh receives the double-teams, and Fairley makes them pay. What's impressive about Suh though is that he still consistently brings the pressure on almost every down. If our secondary could hold up better, he'd easily get double-digit sacks this season.........and who knows how many FFs and injured QBs would result.

Hopefully next year.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:

Suh receives the double-teams, and Fairley makes them pay. What's impressive about Suh though is that he still consistently brings the pressure on almost every down. If our secondary could hold up better, he'd easily get double-digit sacks this season.........and who knows how many FFs and injured QBs would result.

Hopefully next year.

I think a bigger problem then our secondary has been the ineffective play of our DEs. If our DEs were doing a better job keeping the QB's from escaping a collapsed pocket our sack numbers as a team would skyrocket.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Hopefully next year.

I think a bigger problem then our secondary has been the ineffective play of our DEs. If our DEs were doing a better job keeping the QB's from escaping a collapsed pocket our sack numbers as a team would skyrocket.

Suh at DE is the answer. The snaps he has played there he has dominated.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Hopefully next year.

While it's true that our DEs have been relatively ineffective, IMO our safeties have been horrid, and are by far the weakest unit on our team outside of STs.

Land a couple legit Ss, and I believe you'll see increased sack #s from everyone of our defensive linemen.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Hopefully next year.

While it's true that our DEs have been relatively ineffective, IMO our safeties have been horrid, and are by far the weakest unit on our team outside of STs.

Land a couple legit Ss, and I believe you'll see increased sack #s from everyone of our defensive linemen.

I would love to see the Lions land a difference maker at DE and Safety.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: