Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Barkley. Just wait hear me out.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In truth, guys, Slam has a point. He has been asked several times now to stop derailing every thread. And yet everyone continues to feed it. You don't like when he posts nonsense? Ignore it. Slam has a lot of insightful posts - and he has some really idiotic posts. Ignore it. If he is causing a massive issue - PM LR, Tex, or TSSS and have him delete his posts in a thread that is being majorly derailed.

Until then, if you respond you are basically fulfilling the sites function - to generate discussion.

Every thread does not need to turn into Jerry. And Slam knows that. But he is operating within the rules. I know it's not easy. I know it's frustrating - hell it's almost as frustrating as this team.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind drafting Barkley, but not until the mid 20's at the earliest.

He'd get killed behind this line anyways.

green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:

Also, that would be one more pick that could be used to address the Oline problems. Fix the Oline, before we draft an heir apparent to Romo.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:

Also, that would be one more pick that could be used to address the Oline problems. Fix the Oline, before we draft an heir apparent to Romo.

If there's a QB whom we feel would be the heir apparent based on talent and potential, you draft that player regardless of other needs as long as the round he's selected in is appropriate. A franchise QB trumps every other position in the draft.

That being said, I don't consider Barkley to be a 1st round pick, anyway.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
jsmith69

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
While I agree with some of the things you mentioned, I don't want Dallas to draft Matt Barkley. While he's known for his leadership skills he is physically limited, which will hurt him at the next level. I like Tyler Wilson better, but there are no elite QB prospects coming out in the draft next year. That is what this team needs if it's really going to change.

I think this team should wait until the 2014 NFL draft to get a QB. Deal with the OL in 2013 and in 2014 get a future blue chip QB like Johnny Football to replace Tony Romo.

No. Just no. He won't be more than a backup in the NFL, and I want nothing to do with his crummy, immature attitude

I'm telling you, he's going to go in the 1st round in the 2014 NFL draft and I'll sig bet it. The only knock I've seen on him is his height 6'1 and he's young so he's bound to make some mistakes and if he checks out during interviews I think he will be good. I like his toughness and his "won't die" attitude. It would be nice to have a QB like that and multidimensional

umm Manziel won't be in the 2014 draft at all, he's a freshman ....he's in the 2016(possibly 2015 if he declares early)draft class

but I do agree he will be successful at the NFL level

Last edited by jsmith69 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsmith69 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
While I agree with some of the things you mentioned, I don't want Dallas to draft Matt Barkley. While he's known for his leadership skills he is physically limited, which will hurt him at the next level. I like Tyler Wilson better, but there are no elite QB prospects coming out in the draft next year. That is what this team needs if it's really going to change.

I think this team should wait until the 2014 NFL draft to get a QB. Deal with the OL in 2013 and in 2014 get a future blue chip QB like Johnny Football to replace Tony Romo.

No. Just no. He won't be more than a backup in the NFL, and I want nothing to do with his crummy, immature attitude

I'm telling you, he's going to go in the 1st round in the 2014 NFL draft and I'll sig bet it. The only knock I've seen on him is his height 6'1 and he's young so he's bound to make some mistakes and if he checks out during interviews I think he will be good. I like his toughness and his "won't die" attitude. It would be nice to have a QB like that and multidimensional

umm Manziel won't be in the 2014 draft at all, he's a freshman ....he's in the 2016(possibly 2015 if he declares early)draft class

Welcome to the forum jsmith!

But Manziel is a redshirt freshman, meaning he is eligible next year as a redshirt sophomore. I don't see him declaring until after his senior year, however

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

But Manziel is a redshirt freshman, meaning he is eligible next year as a redshirt sophomore. I don't see him declaring until after his senior year, however

yea there is no way he declares next yr and would be very surprised if he doesn't wait until 2016
jsmith69

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and thanks , nice to be here
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsmith69 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

yea there is no way he declares next yr and would be very surprised if he doesn't wait until 2016

Johnny Football in his first year: broke Cam Newton's total offense record (with two games left to play at the time) in the SEC and beat Alabama at home. Has 24 passing TD's to go with 19 rushing and he has a real shot of being the first freshman EVER to win the Heisman. The only reason why they aren't playing in the National Championship is because their FG kicker sucks and missed crucial FG's against LSU and Florida.

When he checks out where he's projected to go next year I think he'll come out.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Johnny Football in his first year: broke Cam Newton's total offense record (with two games left to play at the time) in the SEC and beat Alabama at home. Has 24 passing TD's to go with 19 rushing and he has a real shot of being the first freshman EVER to win the Heisman. The only reason why they aren't playing in the National Championship is because their FG kicker sucks and missed crucial FG's against LSU and Florida.

Stats don't make you a good NFL QB. If so Tim Tebow would be the best..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Is that the best you can come up with? Because I really don't feel like debating Tebow anymore.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Is that the best you can come up with? Because I really don't feel like debating Tebow anymore.

I really hope you are not a Tebow fan, because you think he is a great player. I hope it is because you think he is a great person.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
jsmith69 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Stats honestly mean very little in college in terms of how they will fit in the NFL. Plenty of examples of that are Troy Smith, Jason White, Eric Crouch, and Chris Weinke. They all won the Heisman, and none of them made an impact at the NFL level. I think that Manziel is a special talent, but not one that can survive at the NFL level. I question, given his frame, that he can take multiple big hits from players like Patrick Willis, Haloti Ngata, and James Harrison, which he will have to do on a regular basis. His scrambling ability will be nullified given that NFL linebackers and linemen can keep pace with him. He has a bad attitude and curses out his teammates when they mess up instead of encouraging them. He doesn't have elite physical tools, as his arm is average at best. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid and what he is doing, but he is a project at the next level

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Stats honestly mean very little in college in terms of how they will fit in the NFL. Plenty of examples of that are Troy Smith, Jason White, Eric Crouch, and Chris Weinke. They all won the Heisman, and none of them made an impact at the NFL level. I think that Manziel is a special talent, but not one that can survive at the NFL level. I question, given his frame, that he can take multiple big hits from players like Patrick Willis, Haloti Ngata, and James Harrison, which he will have to do on a regular basis. His scrambling ability will be nullified given that NFL linebackers and linemen can keep pace with him. He has a bad attitude and curses out his teammates when they mess up instead of encouraging them. He doesn't have elite physical tools, as his arm is average at best. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid and what he is doing, but he is a project at the next level

Don't forget about Vince Young, Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan, and any QB who played at Texas Tech under Mike Leach.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Don't forget about Vince Young, Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan, and any QB who played at Texas Tech under Mike Leach.

God, I was such a believer in Young. The Texas/USC game was the greatest game I have ever seen by a single player.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: