Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Barkley. Just wait hear me out.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Plan do you watch players or watch stat lines?

Players. Stat lines can be terribly misleading. And I know about Barkley quite well because I live in L.A. and was a USC season ticket holder up until very recently.
Ok, I don't understand how you are not seeing what Barkley has. Have you looked at him as a fan of the game or have you evaluated him with interest of if he can make the step into the next level, because for me they are 2 completely different styles of watching a game. A fan will evaluate a QB on the end result of the play, an evaluator will loo at the player up until the ball placement and then stop evaluating the QB. I also feel that arm strength is vastly overrated. As long as they do not have a weak arm like Tim Tebow the QB will be fine. Also, Drew Brees had a "weak" arm early in his career but I am sure no one is saying that now. Barkley has very good accuracy and is great within the pocket. I also feel when he learns to stop throwing off his back foot he is going to become even more accurate and have 10x better arm strength. The kid is going to be good, just needs a few tweaks.

I watched him with the interst of drafting him, not as a fan. And what I saw, especially this season, is a guy who really lacks the athletic ability to perform as a QB unless he has a clean pocket around him. The Stanford and UCLA games were perfect examples of that. Barkley's immobility prevented him from being able to make any plays when Khaled Holmes was out, leaving the Cardinal to hit him throughout the entire game. He was beaten to a pulp. His increased level of turnovers and overall struggles with accuracy were in part to Holmes' injury and because Matt Kalil went pro. It's a strong reminder as to how important an offensive line is. My fear with Barkley isn't his leadership or arm strength but our lack of dedication to an offensive line. If Romo - a very fine scrambler in his own right - has been beaten senseless, Barkley would land on IR within weeks. As I said, I wouldn't complain if we drafted him but we would have to build up a very strong offensive line in order for him to perform up to his level of ability.

That would be any QB you put behind an offensive line outside of Aaron Rodgers (The guy defies all odds). Put Tom Brady, Manning, Brees and more behind an awful OL and they are not going to be an elite player. This is why I do not blame Romo for the awful season we are having, I blame our OL and HC. Our OL is playing to get someone hurt and Jason Garrett doesn't understand how much a screen play can benefit a team that doesn't have a run game nor an offensive line. Put Barkley behind a capable OL and the man will shine.

I can't blame the OL since it's a product of JERRY JONEs. He chose this line. He chose Beanedeau and Livings. Beanedeau has been playing below average. Livings has been average. He also chose NOT to re sign Montrae Holland who had a better workout than Dockery because of incentives. Instead, he chose to allow ROMO scrambling ability to make plays. Jerry chose to give up a 2nd round pick to move up and get Morris. That's another potential starter. UGH.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Players. Stat lines can be terribly misleading. And I know about Barkley quite well because I live in L.A. and was a USC season ticket holder up until very recently.
Ok, I don't understand how you are not seeing what Barkley has. Have you looked at him as a fan of the game or have you evaluated him with interest of if he can make the step into the next level, because for me they are 2 completely different styles of watching a game. A fan will evaluate a QB on the end result of the play, an evaluator will loo at the player up until the ball placement and then stop evaluating the QB. I also feel that arm strength is vastly overrated. As long as they do not have a weak arm like Tim Tebow the QB will be fine. Also, Drew Brees had a "weak" arm early in his career but I am sure no one is saying that now. Barkley has very good accuracy and is great within the pocket. I also feel when he learns to stop throwing off his back foot he is going to become even more accurate and have 10x better arm strength. The kid is going to be good, just needs a few tweaks.

I watched him with the interst of drafting him, not as a fan. And what I saw, especially this season, is a guy who really lacks the athletic ability to perform as a QB unless he has a clean pocket around him. The Stanford and UCLA games were perfect examples of that. Barkley's immobility prevented him from being able to make any plays when Khaled Holmes was out, leaving the Cardinal to hit him throughout the entire game. He was beaten to a pulp. His increased level of turnovers and overall struggles with accuracy were in part to Holmes' injury and because Matt Kalil went pro. It's a strong reminder as to how important an offensive line is. My fear with Barkley isn't his leadership or arm strength but our lack of dedication to an offensive line. If Romo - a very fine scrambler in his own right - has been beaten senseless, Barkley would land on IR within weeks. As I said, I wouldn't complain if we drafted him but we would have to build up a very strong offensive line in order for him to perform up to his level of ability.

That would be any QB you put behind an offensive line outside of Aaron Rodgers (The guy defies all odds). Put Tom Brady, Manning, Brees and more behind an awful OL and they are not going to be an elite player. This is why I do not blame Romo for the awful season we are having, I blame our OL and HC. Our OL is playing to get someone hurt and Jason Garrett doesn't understand how much a screen play can benefit a team that doesn't have a run game nor an offensive line. Put Barkley behind a capable OL and the man will shine.

I can't blame the OL since it's a product of JERRY JONEs. He chose this line. He chose Beanedeau and Livings. Beanedeau has been playing below average. Livings has been average. He also chose NOT to re sign Montrae Holland who had a better workout than Dockery because of incentives. Instead, he chose to allow ROMO scrambling ability to make plays. Jerry chose to give up a 2nd round pick to move up and get Morris. That's another potential starter. UGH.

We have a whole thread about ripping Jerry Jones. Keep it there, because it is getting old when we see his name in every thread. The fact of the matter is, yeah, he has the "final say". In reality, he listens to people he trusts, like Stephen and Garrett. I can guarantee you that they, along with Callahan and a couple other scouts, picked Livings and Bernadeau, because there is no way JJ knows enough about either one to actually have an opinion.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:

We have a whole thread about ripping Jerry Jones. Keep it there, because it is getting old when we see his name in every thread. The fact of the matter is, yeah, he has the "final say". In reality, he listens to people he trusts, like Stephen and Garrett. I can guarantee you that they, along with Callahan and a couple other scouts, picked Livings and Bernadeau, because there is no way JJ knows enough about either one to actually have an opinion.

Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this Smile
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:

FM30, just a small correction... we have a whole thread ripping the OL (not Jerry).

Now, onto the bigger point... I hope you understand the oxymoron you just presented...

Quote:
there is no way JJ knows enough about either one to actually have an opinion

Do you understand how insane that is??? If there is NO WAY jj knew enough about Livings and Burninduece to actually have an opinion, the why the FFFF is he the GM??? Aren't GMs SUPPOSED to be the guy who has studied the game tapes and analyzed their performances?

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly. I'm dying of laughter right now. I knew putting that picture of JJ was a bad idea . It ignited another "kill JJ" thread. Laughing

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
TCC316

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="atran35"]Not an ideal QB for me. He has a weak arm. Give me a Brady/Ben prototype.[/quote]

ok let me remind some people that brady dropped to the sixth round. because so called experts said his arm was weak and he lack qb skills.wow what a joke. barkley is a leader and he is an intelligent qb. something we havent had since aikman. not downing romo cause he doesnt have wr like irvin and rb like e.smith either or strong defense either. i guess the next thing some one will say we need draft these new style qb that can run and throw ala rg3 or cam newton type players. and install the read option too. what a joke. we need to groom a qb. but we need a whole new staff. dont blame the players. cause there not being put in good postions to win.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCC316 wrote:
ok let me remind some people that brady dropped to the sixth round. because so called experts said his arm was weak and he lack qb skills.

That's not why he fell, trust me. I haven't missed a Michigan game in nearly 20 years. Brady fell in the draft because he was a perennial underachiever at Michigan. Had it not been for Lloyd Carr's refusal to ease on his stance that the more senior players will always start ahead of the younger guys, Drew Henson would've been the starting QB and no one would have ever even heard about Tom Brady. In fact, Brady would routinely play so poorly that Henson would be put in to save the games in the second half. Heck, the only standout game that Brady ever had at Michigan was the 1999 Orange Bowl against Alabama.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
JWingate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:

FM30, just a small correction... we have a whole thread ripping the OL (not Jerry).

Now, onto the bigger point... I hope you understand the oxymoron you just presented...

Quote:

Do you understand how insane that is??? If there is NO WAY jj knew enough about Livings and Burninduece to actually have an opinion, the why the FFFF is he the GM??? Aren't GMs SUPPOSED to be the guy who has studied the game tapes and analyzed their performances?

I am totally done with the Jerry Jones bashing, it has turned into that every thread gets changed into that and I am just fed up. If this continues to happen I will not be joining this forum anymore, not saying I will be apart of FF but I will just venture into other threads. It is getting ridiculous and is making coming here a wonder what thread will be changed into a Bash Jerry thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
atran35 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Quote:

I am totally done with the Jerry Jones bashing, it has turned into that every thread gets changed into that and I am just fed up. If this continues to happen I will not be joining this forum anymore, not saying I will be apart of FF but I will just venture into other threads. It is getting ridiculous and is making coming here a wonder what thread will be changed into a Bash Jerry thread.

That makes two of us. Its not even worth arguing about it

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
TCC316 wrote:
ok let me remind some people that brady dropped to the sixth round. because so called experts said his arm was weak and he lack qb skills.

That's not why he fell, trust me. I haven't missed a Michigan game in nearly 20 years. Brady fell in the draft because he was a perennial underachiever at Michigan. Had it not been for Lloyd Carr's refusal to ease on his stance that the more senior players will always start ahead of the younger guys, Drew Henson would've been the starting QB and no one would have ever even heard about Tom Brady. In fact, Brady would routinely play so poorly that Henson would be put in to save the games in the second half. Heck, the only standout game that Brady ever had at Michigan was the 1999 Orange Bowl against Alabama.

Plan is right about Brady and Henson. I love the Razorbacks, but my second favorite team is Michigan. Henson was better than Brady and deserved to be the starter. That is why I was so high on him when he came to Dallas after his baseball fling. I remembered the guy who bailed out Brady and thought that he had a chance to be special. I was wrong.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Three of us. I mostly just ignore those posts now, because it is always the same tired song and dance.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Three of us. I mostly just ignore those posts now, because it is always the same tired song and dance.

The 3 of you need a stiff shot of man the EFF up. Heaven forbid somebody be critical of the GM of a team that has 1 playoff win in 16 years.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

The 3 of you need a stiff shot of man the EFF up. Heaven forbid somebody be critical of the GM of a team that has 1 playoff win in 16 years.

Are you serious? Who isn't being critical? It just doesn't need to be in every damn thread

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Are you serious? Who isn't being critical? It just doesn't need to be in every damn thread

News Flash: the GM and HC are relevant in every damn thread. This is a Dallas Cowboys forum. Jerry is the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, he's going to be discussed a lot. Why don't you go check out some other cowboys forums and see if Jerry being discussed. If you'd like, I could shoot you a PM right now of 5 other forums where Jerry is getting crucified in every damn thread. DEAL WITH IT.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

News Flash: the GM and HC are relevant in every damn thread. This is a Dallas Cowboys forum. Jerry is the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, he's going to be discussed a lot. Why don't you go check out some other cowboys forums and see if Jerry being discussed. If you'd like, I could shoot you a PM right now of 5 other forums where Jerry is getting crucified in every damn thread. DEAL WITH IT.

Why does it need to be discussed here? In this particular thread about Matt Barkley? Ok, Jerry sucks, but why don't we talk about Matt Barkley, considering, well, that is the title of the thread? There is no new discussion around here, and its annoying and boring. If you feel that its ok to complain about Jerry all the freaking time, then some of us sure as hell have the right to complain about everyone talking about him all the time. If you don't like it, you too can DEAL WITH IT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: