Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Barkley. Just wait hear me out.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

Says the Gator thumper. Go figure. Rolling Eyes

I have no problem with Deion Sanders or Sebastian Janikowski. So I don't know what me being a Gator has to do with it. EJ is an awful decision maker. No thanks.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
ware94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Until they prove otherwise, I'm leery of all USC QBs. Just as I am LSU D-Lineman and Michigan WRs.
and anybody from Florida!

Twisted Evil

I'm trying to think of anyone other than Harvin that has come from Florida (recently) and I can't think of anyone. The only one I can think of is maybe Brandon Spikes.
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Until they prove otherwise, I'm leery of all USC QBs. Just as I am LSU D-Lineman and Michigan WRs.

Twisted Evil

I'm trying to think of anyone other than Harvin that has come from Florida (recently) and I can't think of anyone. The only one I can think of is maybe Brandon Spikes.

Joe Haden is very angry with you. And the Pounceys want to know where you live. Hernandez has been nice as well.

But yeah, for so long UF ran the Spread that our players were not worth a damn in the Pros. I expect under Coach Boom that will begin to improve.

In Redball I Trust!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I have no issues with trying to find our next stud QB, I just really don't think Barkley is that guy. This is less Aaron Rodgers and more Brady Quinn, IMO. He's dropping for good reason.

I completely agree. Barkley's physical limitations were exposed this season, and I think it will cause him to drop to the 3rd or 4th round. He has very average arm strength, no athletic ability to speak of, and throws a ton of really bad interceptions when placed under pressure.

Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't complain if we selected him in the 4th round if we had a very productive first three rounds. I think the value would be sound, but I really don't expect much from him as anything other than a solid player who will spend the brunt of his career as a backup....unless Sean Payton is our head coach. I think he'd be able to create a system where Barkley could flourish.

EDIT:

The only QBs who really intrigue me this year are Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, and Zac Dysert.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

EDIT:

The only QBs who really intrigue me this year are Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, and Zac Dysert.

I think this is a really weak class. I only like Wilson and Dysert. And even then only marginally.

In Redball I Trust!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

EDIT:

I think this is a really weak class. I only like Wilson and Dysert. And even then only marginally.

It is a very weak QB class, yes.

Northland wrote:
JWingate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I had Barkley as my #2 QB and after this season I would still rank him that high i would be shocked if he dropped out of the top 10. Kid is legit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Last year I had Barkley as my #2 QB and after this season I would still rank him that high i would be shocked if he dropped out of the top 10. Kid is legit.

By legit, what QB do you think hes similar too in the NFL? I didn't see him being that much of a lock

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

By legit, what QB do you think hes similar too in the NFL? I didn't see him being that much of a lock

Brees with a weaker arm comes to my mind. But more of Brees in SD than Brees in NOLA

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Brees with a weaker arm comes to my mind. But more of Brees in SD than Brees in NOLA

Well that would work perfect. We hire Sean, draft Barkley and he turns into Brees 2.0 Laughing

^^^mack
JWingate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Honestly, I couldn't think of one but that is a perfect player comparison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
ware94 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
ware94 wrote:

Twisted Evil

Joe Haden is very angry with you. And the Pounceys want to know where you live. Hernandez has been nice as well.

But yeah, for so long UF ran the Spread that our players were not worth a damn in the Pros. I expect under Coach Boom that will begin to improve.

Ah, you got me!
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Honestly, I couldn't think of one but that is a perfect player comparison.

No, it really isn't. Brees is much more athletic than Barkley. Brees is shifty, where Barkley is very flat footed. Brees is also 3 inches shorter than Barkley, but he has a stronger arm.

Northland wrote:
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I have no issues with trying to find our next stud QB, I just really don't think Barkley is that guy. This is less Aaron Rodgers and more Brady Quinn, IMO. He's dropping for good reason.

I completely agree. Barkley's physical limitations were exposed this season, and I think it will cause him to drop to the 3rd or 4th round. He has very average arm strength, no athletic ability to speak of, and throws a ton of really bad interceptions when placed under pressure.

Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't complain if we selected him in the 4th round if we had a very productive first three rounds. I think the value would be sound, but I really don't expect much from him as anything other than a solid player who will spend the brunt of his career as a backup....unless Sean Payton is our head coach. I think he'd be able to create a system where Barkley could flourish.

EDIT:

So, your good with picking a QB in the 4th who you think is gonna spend his carreer as a backup?? whats the point in that? We need to draft a player who gonna be our future Starter! Hell, we can find an UDFA to do that.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

EDIT:

So, your good with picking a QB in the 4th who you think is gonna spend his carreer as a backup?? whats the point in that? We need to draft a player who gonna be our future Starter! Hell, we can find an UDFA to do that.

It's risks and rewards. There is a chance a player can develop into something greater. So you take a marginal risk for a potential great return. But when you have little confidence in actually attaining success - it is difficult to justify spending a premium pick on said player.

In the draft, there are no guarantees.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: