Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Barkley. Just wait hear me out.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Matt Barkley. Just wait hear me out. Reply with quote

I'm looking at NFL.com and various other scouting , NFL mock draft sites. Everyone seems to dropping Barkley into the low 20's which is where I predict ourselves to be in if not even higher.

I'm not taking anything away from Tony Romo folks. I beleive he is a fantastic quarterback, in this organization with the pressure to win a championship every year with not enough resources around him is really killing his leagacy.

I think the whole reason is that every season we have 1, 2 or 3 signature performances where we just blow everyone away. And the rest we play amazing but heck we always do lose in the end. These few signature performances always overshadow MAJORITY of the games that we choke and just end up losing.

Which eventually leads to the ol' Lizard thinking he can just get a handful of key players and bam championship!

I don't believe currently we are a championship team, but I do still believe we can be in the future with Jason Garrett.

If we draft Barkley, that probably means it will spell the end of Romo in Dallas is near. This leads to everything we do in organization change also.

We slow down in free agency. We draft Offensive lineman to prepare Barkley to step in. We give our team time to get fresh, enthusiastic, young, game-changing, talented players that Jason Garrett has shown in his two years over here he is capable of drafting to instill as the core players in our team.

It's not just I beleive Barkley is a talented quarterback that will fit into our organization, him being drafted also changes the way our organization thinks how far they are from a championship. In reality this team is light years away from one, the only thing that can make this organization realize that and move on and start fresh and start something great will be a new young quarterback. This senior season for him has been disappointing but after 4 years of college experience including the whole USC scandal, I think he has shown he can handle adversity and still carry his teammates through most of it.

The Dallas Cowboys these days are all about going through adversity and not coming out of it. Maybe we need someone who has been through it already especially at such a young age.

P.S. Side Video. *Warning if your atheist don't bother watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-OFl1516OY

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more canada. I think Barkley is going to be fantastic at the next level. I want him or Wilson should we draft a QB in the first couple of rounds this year. Barkley's junior year is getting way overlooked because he struggled this year. Put him behind a better line and he would be phenomenal.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
TCC316

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Barkley. Just wait hear me out. Reply with quote

[quote="canadaluvsdalla"][img]http://iusportcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/elite-daily-matt-barkley-usc1-630x427.jpeg[/img]

I'm looking at NFL.com and various other scouting , NFL mock draft sites. Everyone seems to dropping Barkley into the low 20's which is where I predict ourselves to be in if not even higher.

I'm not taking anything away from Tony Romo folks. I beleive he is a fantastic quarterback, in this organization with the pressure to win a championship every year with not enough resources around him is really killing his leagacy.

I think the whole reason is that every season we have 1, 2 or 3 signature performances where we just blow everyone away. And the rest we play amazing but heck we always do lose in the end. These few signature performances always overshadow MAJORITY of the games that we choke and just end up losing.

Which eventually leads to the [b]ol' Lizard [/b][img]http://couchfiresports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/CreepyJJ-246x300.jpg[/img] thinking he can just get a handful of key players and bam [img]http://elrod1986.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/5x-super-bowl-champions-rings.png[/img] [b]championship![/b]

I don't believe currently we are a championship team, but I do still believe we can be in the future with Jason Garrett.

If we draft Barkley, that probably means it will spell the end of Romo in Dallas is near. This leads to everything we do in organization change also.

We slow down in free agency. We draft Offensive lineman to prepare Barkley to step in. We give our team time to get fresh, enthusiastic, young, game-changing, talented players that Jason Garrett has shown in his two years over here he is capable of drafting to instill as the core players in our team.

It's not just I beleive Barkley is a talented quarterback that will fit into our organization, him being drafted also changes the way our organization thinks how far they are from a championship. In reality this team is light years away from one, the only thing that can make this organization realize that and move on and start fresh and start something great will be a new young quarterback. This senior season for him has been disappointing but after 4 years of college experience including the whole USC scandal, I think he has shown he can handle adversity and still carry his teammates through most of it.

The Dallas Cowboys these days are all about going through adversity and not coming out of it. Maybe we need someone who has been through it already especially at such a young age.

[b]P.S. Side Video. [color=red]*Warning if your atheist don't bother watching it.[/color][/b]

[img]http://www.lolwithjc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/matt_barkley_LOL.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-OFl1516OY[/url][/quote]

i would jump so far in the air its not funny if we got barkley. he gonna be good
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much USC football all of watch. I watch a fair amount. The reason Barkley is dropping is because he has struggled behind a less than stellar OL (remember "stellar is the word Jerry used to describe Doug frees play in a game he gave up 4 sacks). Until the OL is fixed in a big way, it would be a bad idea. Barkley needs a good pocket.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I don't know how much USC football all of watch. I watch a fair amount. The reason Barkley is dropping is because he has struggled behind a less than stellar OL (remember "stellar is the word Jerry used to describe Doug frees play in a game he gave up 4 sacks). Until the OL is fixed in a big way, it would be a bad idea. Barkley needs a good pocket.

Exactly, Slam. Which is why I would draft him to groom until Romo is gone, ala Rodgers with Favre. Take that time to build an offense for him

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While completely unfair, I am leery of all USC QBs like I am of all UF WRs. I remember when Palmer was the truth and then his free fall stung. As well as every other QB sucking coming out from them.

I don't want him, and its for a purely unfair bias.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree with some of the things you mentioned, I don't want Dallas to draft Matt Barkley. While he's known for his leadership skills he is physically limited, which will hurt him at the next level. I like Tyler Wilson better, but there are no elite QB prospects coming out in the draft next year. That is what this team needs if it's really going to change.

I think this team should wait until the 2014 NFL draft to get a QB. Deal with the OL in 2013 and in 2014 get a future blue chip QB like Johnny Football to replace Tony Romo.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
in 2014 get a future blue chip QB like Johnny Football to replace Tony Romo.

I'd rather get an actual NFL QB. I'm high on Bryn Renner out of UNC.

^^^mack
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
While I agree with some of the things you mentioned, I don't want Dallas to draft Matt Barkley. While he's known for his leadership skills he is physically limited, which will hurt him at the next level. I like Tyler Wilson better, but there are no elite QB prospects coming out in the draft next year. That is what this team needs if it's really going to change.

I think this team should wait until the 2014 NFL draft to get a QB. Deal with the OL in 2013 and in 2014 get a future blue chip QB like Johnny Football to replace Tony Romo.

No. Just no. He won't be more than a backup in the NFL, and I want nothing to do with his crummy, immature attitude

Hiero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Barkley is not a future franchise qb and I have no interest in drafting him he's not that great and will be exposed in the nfl and will probably drop a lot in the draft

Jason Garrett Bandwagon
Hiero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
While completely unfair, I am leery of all USC QBs like I am of all UF WRs. I remember when Palmer was the truth and then his free fall stung. As well as every other QB sucking coming out from them.

Palmer was drafted 1st overall and was a stud until the steelers cheap shotted him in the afc championship. Barkley is a turd in the Leinart Sanchez mold though and I want absolutely nothing to do with him, I live in California USC is always on, Barkley has an even weaker arm than Sanchez and maybe even Leinart he won't be worth a crap in the nfl imo

Jason Garrett Bandwagon
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Palmer was drafted 1st overall and was a stud until the steelers cheap shotted him in the afc championship. Barkley is a turd in the Leinart Sanchez mold though and I want absolutely nothing to do with him, I live in California USC is always on, Barkley has an even weaker arm than Sanchez and maybe even Leinart he won't be worth a crap in the nfl imo

Barkley has a far stronger arm than leinart. Was that a joke?

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiero, why so down on Barkley? Watching him last year, he looked like a stud. What changed between last year and this year? Kalil left, and he can't trust his line to block for more than a quarter of a second. Same thing that plagued Tyler Wilson this year. I think that Barkley is a great guy to groom behind Romo. He is smart, has a good enough arm, great awareness and leadership qualities.

Hiero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Hiero wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Barkley has a far stronger arm than leinart. Was that a joke?

kind of, Barkley just has a weak arm somewhere between Sanchez and Leinart which isn't good. I want nothing to do with him, I'm not sure there's really a qb I'd totally want this year, so we may have to just draft a bunch of OL and wait til next year. I'm on the fence about Tyler Wilson it would be very tempting to take him if he were available but I don't know enough about him to make a definitive choice

Jason Garrett Bandwagon
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really want anything to do with Barkley as I don't think he will be a successful NFL QB. I am not all that high on many QBs this year in general and with Romo still here, it is not something we need to address right away. I'd still be for getting someone in a later round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: