You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus Allen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Marcus Allen Reply with quote

Did anyone else watch Marcus Allenís A FOOTBALL LIFE on NFL NETWORK? Watching this really opened my eyes of how bad of an owner Al became.

It was obvious the last decade or so with his need to signed vets who were washed up, the fastest, and the biggest players. Combine stars, but the way he handled Marcus was atrocious. Basically, AL felt as though Marcus became bigger than the team so he dogged him. During his tenure he drafted Bo, which I still love because Bo played part of the year and it would have been phenomenal for them to spell each other, but he had Marcus play fullback?? Then he signed Roger Craig and Eric Dickerson to replace him. He came into training camp on year as fourth on the depth chartÖArt Shell was Alís puppet and was his yes man and wouldnít play Allen.

The guy was a star and one of the better all around RBís ever, he could do everything and he went to KC and still was a dominant all around back.

As a good as an owner he once was, itís because of Davis that the Raiders have been horrible since the crushing Super Bowl loss to Tampa.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is true al davis has killed us for the last 10 years for sure
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I disagree with the point your making, but putting him at FB wasn't a bad move. FBs back then weren't strictly blocker like they are today.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it, I'll have to find it and record it. I watched the special on Bo Jackson the other day, the 30 for 30. It was pretty good.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad that Davis was that way. Same reason he traded Gruden. He didn't like anyone being bigger than the Raiders. He didn't like the 'star' player/coach as the face of the organization.

Imagine what could have been with Marcus. Maybe the Raiders do something in the 90's?

Marcus was about 75% the reason I became a Raider fan (born in the 80's). He was the player I first gravitated too. I was so bummed as a kid when he was M.I.A.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus was baby who cried when Bo Jackson took his starting job. I' m sorry but Bo Jackson was the best RB ever. He averaged 5.4 yards per attempt.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Marcus was baby who cried when Bo Jackson took his starting job. I' m sorry but Bo Jackson was the best RB ever. He averaged 5.4 yards per attempt.

You're clueless. How old are you exactly?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

wrong! marcus actually handled that pretty well, it was wrong period, and it bit us in the [inappropriate/removed]. marcus became a chief, and bo suffered a career ending injury (its called karma) and btw i believe pound for pound Bo was probably the best i have ever seen (power,speed, with moves and hands) and i think he could have broke dickersons record possibly with a whole season (tell people that all the time) davis was an bein a pr@#k all the way, and yes he traded gruden cuz he got too big for davis, and shock of all shocks Shocked he promptly handed us our butts in the super bowl Evil or Very Mad but again maybe a little karma for Al (may he rest in peace)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

Stop with the name calling. If you have a different opinion then state it.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys forget that Marcus had fumbling issues that cost the Raiders games.
radrshark

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Laughing
this justies several seasons of benching Laughing
tell ya what i do remember marcus playing most of a season with a cast and running and catching like ..... oh yeah, A Pro Bowler! Wink not trying to [inappropriate/removed] anyone off just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radrshark wrote:
bitty wrote:
Laughing
tell ya what i do remember marcus playing most of a season with a cast and running and catching like ..... oh yeah, A Pro Bowler! Wink not trying to [inappropriate/removed] anyone off just my opinion.

Marcus's interview with Al Michaels at the halftime of Raider game got him benched for the rest of his career.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

Stop with the name calling. If you have a different opinion then state it.

Where did I name call? I don't have to state an opinion when you have no clue what you're talking about to start with. Calling Allen a crybaby is just wrong and shows you are in fact clueless.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
radrshark wrote:
bitty wrote:
Laughing

Marcus's interview with Al Michaels at the halftime of Raider game got him benched for the rest of his career.

Dumb.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: