Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolni's 1st 2013 mock offseason---UPDATE on 2nd page!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rolni

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Rolni's 1st 2013 mock offseason---UPDATE on 2nd page!! Reply with quote

UPDATE ON THE 2nd PAGE!!

Hi!

I decided to make my first mock now. Please leave feedbacks!

Dennis Allen remains the HC.
He will look around the coaching market with Reggie for available upgrade.
Two guys I would welcome:
OC: Pat Shurmur He will lose his HC gig with the new regime IMO and he is a good WC guy, so it could make sense for us.
DC: Ron Rivera He will also lose his HC job IMO and we all know that he is a really good DC with 4-3 and 3-4 background.
This would be nice, but I think we will have to stick with Tarver and Knapp. In Tarvers case it's not a problem IMO, since he is a young, intelligent guy and with better talent and with experience he will come along. Knapp could do a lot better if our OL could run block. If they can fix it, then Knapp could turn into a solid OC...

Resigns:
Leinart...he won't get any offers, so he will stay here for another year
Goodson...he will be happy to stay
Stewart...he showed flashes and he will be cheap
Myers...he is not a star TE, he won't get many offers IMO, so he will stay here, where he can be the #1 TE...
Hagan...I would keep him around for one more year
Barnes...he is a solid RT for us. we need him back.
Parsons...he is a solid interior back up and should be cheap
Hurd...seemed like a solid LG back up before his injury
Bryant...he will stay and be our starting DT for normal salary
Shaughnessy...I would bring him back, but only for cheap. As you will see I want a DE early in the draft, so if Shaggy wanna get big bucks he will let go. Since his production is not sexy we should be able to talk him into a solid 3 year deal IMO.
Wheeler...no big money, but a normal 4-3 SLB deal is right for him and right for us.
Burnett...could find himself on the 53 man roster next year
Spencer...he played better then Bartell IMO. If he stays for the right price it's fine for me. If he asks for too much we should bring back Bartell.
Hanson...solid option at nickel, should be cheap
Ross...developemental CB with good size
Chekwa...he will get to the roster next year IMO and will contribute
Giordano...he will remain as a vet present in the sec.
King...new era in Raiders punt game begins

Restructures, cuts:
DHB will get an extension in order to get his cap number down.
Huff will stay with the team as a CB with a little restruction.
Seymour will be let go. He will leave 5M in dead money, but with the move we still save a few M's.
Kelly will get the axe as well. 6M in dead money, but overall a save in the end.
Tollefson will be let go.

Trade:
We trade Darren McFadden to the Jets. Rex gets another year as the HC and he knows that he needs a strong ground game to be successfull on O. DMC gives them a strong running option. We get a 3rd round pick in the 2013 draft and a conditional 3rd in the 2014 draft. While it's sad that we can get only this for DMC we will have to settle for it. He is an injury prone runner with big salary and he is not a good fit in our offense anymore.

Free Agent signings:
Sammie Lee Hill NT He will leave Detroit since they can't afford him. He is a solid, young NT, who could help our run D a lot IMO. Since he is my only FA signing I'm sure we will be able to land him.

Draft:
I think we will be able to keep the 5th rounder, since Curry played only in 2 games for us this year. So we will have a 1st, two 3rd (own and the trade), a 4th, a 5th, a 6th and 2 7th (own and Murphy trade)

1st: Damontre Moore DE. He could be a push rushing force from day 1. He would be in rotation with Shaggy, cause his run D is not NFL ready IMO, but he would see lots of playing time. On passing situations we could have a solid line with: Shaggy-Houston-Bryant-Moore
On hybrid sets he could stand up and rush from there too...

3rd: Bacari Rambo FS. He could come in and play a lot at FS in his first year and could develope into a sure starter with time. I would keep Huff at CB, however he still could see time at FS and Gio could be there too.

3rd: Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB. Good size kid, with potential. Hopefully he will be there. He could develope into a solid starting CB with time.

4th: Rick Wagner OT. He has experience at LT and RT, so he would be our swing back up tackle and in 1 or 2 years he could challenge for the RT spot.

5th: Kevin Reddick ILB. He would come in back up and push Rolando. He could see time in 3-4 looks too.

6th: Anthony White NT. Big, strong guy, who would back up Hill at the NT position.

7th: Cameron Lawrence OLB. Quick OLB, who could contribute on ST units as well.

7th: Drew Frey SS. 6'3 220 guy with solid football IQ.

After the draft our DC would look like this:

QB: Palmer, Leinart, Pryor (hopefully Pryor takes over as #2)
RB: Goodson, Stewart, Jones (looks weak, but Stewart looks promising and I would give carries to Reece as well)
FB: Reece (he would be our FB, would get carries as a RB and would see time as a TE. he is a weapon and we have to use him)
TE: MYers, Ausberry, Gordon (Gordon would see time as a lead blocking FB too)
WR: Moore, DHB, Streater, Ford, Criner, Hagan
OL: Veldheer, Bergstrom, Wiz, Brisiel, Barnes, Wagner, Hurd, Parsons, Nix

That's 25 player on Offense.

DL: Houston, Bryant, Hill, Shaggy, Moore, Crawford, Bilukidi, White
LB: Wheeler, McClain, Burris, Keenan, Reddick, Burnett, Lawrence
CB: Huff, Spencer, Hanson, Chekwa, Ross, Blidi
S: Branch, Giordano, Rambo, Frey

That's 25 player on Defense.

ST: Jano, King, Condo

There is your 53 man roster.

Let me know what you all think!!

Last edited by Rolni on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add one more cut:

Silver Surfer

Props to JTagg for the sig

Webmaster wrote:
RiskyDevil has been banned for trolling and inappropriate comments.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things:

- We have to get rid of Knapp. It will ultimately be a decision we have to make so let's not waste anymore time with that guy.
- The Dmac trade is more than i'd expect to get. Not saying it's impossible but i wouldn't be sad at all if we get that kind of value for him at this point.
- Is Moore a potential everydown DE in the NFL? I'm all for upgrading our pass rush but i want a 3 down player in the first round. If we're sticking with a 4-3, my ideal scenario is finding a way to trade down and draft Alex Okafor who's the most complete DE imo.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staff:

I like the idea of Shurmur and Rivera. Shurmur did well w/ Bradford and has done well with the offense in Cleveland.

Free Agency:

Hill is the perfect FA find. Good player who could start here in Oakland. Young w/ room to grow.

Draft:

Really only 1 starting caliber player early in Moore. Wilson/Rambo can contribute.

I like the positions in the secondary as it needs upgraded big time.

Offense:

Overall - Oline is still poor and the offense would continue to struggle. RBs are simply not reliable enough. WRs are still lacking any true redzone target or go to guy unless 1 steps out. Tough to say.

Postion Failures:

RB - Stewart hasn't show enough to make him a primary backup IMO.

Oline - Complete failure. They need to upgrade. Barnes, Briseil on the right side both need replaced, or at least 1 of them. Wagner isn't filling those shoes as a rookie.

Defense:

Overall - Hill may upgrade the interior. Moore helps the pass rush, but he can't do it alone. Secondary is still a total mess. Poor talent across the board unless a rookie steps up or Huff really finds his stride.

Position Failure:

LBs - McClain is still starting? That's not what you want. The LBs are still suspect. No upgrade aside from Burris growing up.

Secondary - Giordano still on the team in a potential starting role is a failure. CBs are suspect at best. An upgrade would have to come from a young player stepping up. Too big a risk for a bad team.

Overall analysis:

The team would remain a losing team. Talent simply wasn't upgraded enough to expect more. To much would be relied on 2nd year players making a huge jump and rookies really filling roles and hopefully shining.

On offense, Palmer is another year older and their isn't what I see is a quality back up behind him. I like Goodson, but think you need more reliability in that department. The WRs/TEs are status-quo, so you hope they continue to grown, but I have doubts. Still missing a piece to really open the offense up. But the worst part is the glaring eyesore that is the Oline. Just not good enough to be successful winning the LOS.

On defense, I like the Dline upgrades. Moore would have to be a DROY type for some big changes to happen on this unit. He's the only pass rusher to speak of. Secondary is really suspect unless 1 or 2 young players step up in a big way. LBs are status-quo and that's not a good thing. McClain need replaced inside.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Staff:

I like the idea of Shurmur and Rivera. Shurmur did well w/ Bradford and has done well with the offense in Cleveland.

Free Agency:

Hill is the perfect FA find. Good player who could start here in Oakland. Young w/ room to grow.

Draft:

Really only 1 starting caliber player early in Moore. Wilson/Rambo can contribute.

I like the positions in the secondary as it needs upgraded big time.

Offense:

Overall - Oline is still poor and the offense would continue to struggle. RBs are simply not reliable enough. WRs are still lacking any true redzone target or go to guy unless 1 steps out. Tough to say.

Postion Failures:

RB - Stewart hasn't show enough to make him a primary backup IMO.

Oline - Complete failure. They need to upgrade. Barnes, Briseil on the right side both need replaced, or at least 1 of them. Wagner isn't filling those shoes as a rookie.

Defense:

Overall - Hill may upgrade the interior. Moore helps the pass rush, but he can't do it alone. Secondary is still a total mess. Poor talent across the board unless a rookie steps up or Huff really finds his stride.

Position Failure:

LBs - McClain is still starting? That's not what you want. The LBs are still suspect. No upgrade aside from Burris growing up.

Secondary - Giordano still on the team in a potential starting role is a failure. CBs are suspect at best. An upgrade would have to come from a young player stepping up. Too big a risk for a bad team.

Overall analysis:

The team would remain a losing team. Talent simply wasn't upgraded enough to expect more. To much would be relied on 2nd year players making a huge jump and rookies really filling roles and hopefully shining.

On offense, Palmer is another year older and their isn't what I see is a quality back up behind him. I like Goodson, but think you need more reliability in that department. The WRs/TEs are status-quo, so you hope they continue to grown, but I have doubts. Still missing a piece to really open the offense up. But the worst part is the glaring eyesore that is the Oline. Just not good enough to be successful winning the LOS.

On defense, I like the Dline upgrades. Moore would have to be a DROY type for some big changes to happen on this unit. He's the only pass rusher to speak of. Secondary is really suspect unless 1 or 2 young players step up in a big way. LBs are status-quo and that's not a good thing. McClain need replaced inside.

I feel you man, but I wanted to do the first one a bit conservative...

I was thinking about a Rolando cut and a Larry Grant signing for example...

As far as OL I wanna see Barnes and Brisiel working together a bit more before I call for their head.

We have too many holes...if you go OL in the first, then who will rush the passer...problems like this all over the roster...

Right now it1s not an easy job to be the GM of the Raiders that's for sure...
dmac505

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. As BP said, I dont think this would turn us into a playoff team right away or anything... but this is a great starting point.

We clear a couple of overpaid players.
Get a true NT in FA

I do not know much yet about the players entering the draft, but i like the positions you addressed. Id be happy with a similar offseason.

Sucks having to trade DMC, but if we stick with ZBS we need to.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

As far as OL I wanna see Barnes and Brisiel working together a bit more before I call for their head.

We have too many holes...if you go OL in the first, then who will rush the passer...problems like this all over the roster...

Agree totally. And that's the issue. There are just to many holes to fix. To many poor players to purge. It's going to take 2-3 years of solid FA and draft work and a lot of luck to fix this mess.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Agree totally. And that's the issue. There are just to many holes to fix. To many poor players to purge. It's going to take 2-3 years of solid FA and draft work and a lot of luck to fix this mess.

Wathcing the Bengals game...
Bartell, Gio, McClain, Kelly, Brisiel could go where they want...
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really like this. Nice job man.
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If (finally for them) the Chargers owner fire AJ and Norv hopefully their Pagano is becoming an unemployed DC too...If that happens we should grab him and let him run the D...4-3, 3-4 or hybrid I don't care...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
If (finally for them) the Chargers owner fire AJ and Norv hopefully their Pagano is becoming an unemployed DC too...If that happens we should grab him and let him run the D...4-3, 3-4 or hybrid I don't care...

Hell.... I'd take Norv too.

Honestly, Norv is exactly what Allen needs. A guy who's been around the block, can draw up offenses with the best of them and is overall a laid back coach who won't cause a power struggle with the HC.

Norv would allow Allen to breath easier w/ the offense. He's also pretty good w/ QBs so it'd help develop the heir to Carson and that's something the Raiders need to think seriously about.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Honestly, Norv is exactly what Allen needs. A guy who's been around the block, can draw up offenses with the best of them and is overall a laid back coach who won't cause a power struggle with the HC.

Norv would allow Allen to breath easier w/ the offense. He's also pretty good w/ QBs so it'd help develop the heir to Carson and that's something the Raiders need to think seriously about.

Man Palooka, sometimes we are really on the same page. I totally agree about Norvell. Heck there are lots of good potential OCs in the off-season, something last season lacked. I could honestly see Norv having a wade Philips like impact on the team, we wouldn't be number 1 but we sure as heck wouldn't suck.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Man Palooka, sometimes we are really on the same page. I totally agree about Norvell. Heck there are lots of good potential OCs in the off-season, something last season lacked. I could honestly see Norv having a wade Philips like impact on the team, we wouldn't be number 1 but we sure as heck wouldn't suck.

A lot of Taylor made Norv type players here as well. Palmer with a big arm and ability to stretch the defense vertically. Moore's ability to get deep. Big possession type in Criner/Streeter. Good pass catching RBs.

Fix up the Oline and Norv could have fun w/ this group. He's creative, something that is lacking in this current state.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been hearing all the talk about Norv on sports radio the last six hours and my dad and I were saying Norv would be a great fit at OC for this team. Cool to hear others around here agree. Wade Phillips was an excellent comparison. Some of these guys are not cut out to be successful head coaches, but are damn good coordinators. That's usually how they earned the head spot in the first place.

Love the mock off-season. Realistic and a step in the right direction. I would love to get Rivera as DC.

Great coaching additions could mask the lack of talent we have to expect in free agency.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:

A lot of Taylor made Norv type players here as well. Palmer with a big arm and ability to stretch the defense vertically. Moore's ability to get deep. Big possession type in Criner/Streeter. Good pass catching RBs.

Fix up the Oline and Norv could have fun w/ this group. He's creative, something that is lacking in this current state.

it would be sweet to rob the chargers...
norv as oc, pagano as dc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: