Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Round of the Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should the jets draft in the 1st Round.
Manti Teo, ILB Notre Dame
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Keenan Allen, WR Cal
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Dion Jordan, DE Oregon
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Damontre Moore, DE TAMU
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
Chance Warmack, G Alabama
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Tyler Bray, QB Tennessee
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Other (In Comments)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
jetfuel wrote:
I think everyone is really over looking the number one guy in the draft. Manti Teo is by far the best one to pick in this years draft. This guy can carry a D by himself. This guy needs to come to the jets. He can step day one and we can trade David Harris. Yes that is right trade Harris for a 2nd round pick and take Landry Jones who has the strong arm size and good skills. This would solve some problems and after the 2013 season you can say good by to Holmes, Sanchez, and Wilson.

Why even trade David Harris. Just Draft Manti Teo and then we would have Harris and Teo Duo at middle linebacker. Which would greatly improve our run defense.

Because he is one of the problems on the D. The guy is way to slow and has zero athletic ability. He misses several tackles a game. He can not rush the pass and is average at best at stopping the run. He can not cover anyone for more than one or two seconds. He needs to go. Why is everyone so high on him anyways? I don't think he has even been to a pro bowl. I think we should trade him now and maybe get a second but I think it will be more like a fourth or fifth. The longer you wait to trade him the more his stock drops.
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Harris is pretty overrated by Jets fans. There I said it
green24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:

Overrated? Half the people are acting like he's Bart Scott.

Harris was really good when he was playing with Bart, Pace, and BT during the years that they were halfway decent. If we add two good OLBs and Davis develops into a starting role, we can see that Harris return. He has been forced to make up for our other linebackers and we haven't been able to play him to his strengths this season.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say overrated. Overpaid, yes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Harris was really good when he was playing with Bart, Pace, and BT during the years that they were halfway decent. If we add two good OLBs and Davis develops into a starting role, we can see that Harris return. He has been forced to make up for our other linebackers and we haven't been able to play him to his strengths this season.

Harris had one good year. The guy is below average. He should be in his prime leading the D. Instaed he has lead the D to the ground the last 2 years. Face it he is overrated and over paid. I was never sold on him anyways. I was one of the few that wanted Harris to be traded. If he is good he should be good no matter who is around him. The guy could not even make the pro bowl in Miami when so many people turned down the chance to play. That right there should tell you a lot.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

I keep hearing people on here talk about Harris still being elite when he is far from that. He is in the 8-12 range in terms of ILB. And he is grossly overpaid. He is part of the problem on defense.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope replacing the LB's would help Harris. He is on pace to have 100+ tackles for the year, but we are still 30th in stopping the run. So maybe it's the front 7, maybe it's him. I have to start watching him more.

Tackles wise, he is doing a lot better than he has the last two years. He is overpaid, but I like him. Never says anything to the media, not out there acting up off the field, and plays hard. The only way I would want to replace him is if we find the next Ray Lewis/Pat Willis.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I hope replacing the LB's would help Harris. He is on pace to have 100+ tackles for the year, but we are still 30th in stopping the run. So maybe it's the front 7, maybe it's him. I have to start watching him more.

Tackles wise, he is doing a lot better than he has the last two years. He is overpaid, but I like him. Never says anything to the media, not out there acting up off the field, and plays hard. The only way I would want to replace him is if we find the next Ray Lewis/Pat Willis.

Ya his last name is TEO.
Mattmanz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely love to have Moore, however he may not be there when the jets pick especially as unlikely as it is if we win out the season. If that happens I will be equally as happy with Jordan.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattmanz wrote:
I would absolutely love to have Moore, however he may not be there when the jets pick especially as unlikely as it is if we win out the season. If that happens I will be equally as happy with Jordan.

I might take Anthony Barr over Jordan.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
jpt331

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say take Warmack in the 1st then take Ziggy Ansah in the 2nd, or go Bjoern Werner 1st and Eddie Lacey in the 2nd id be good with either one of these options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: