Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Round of the Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should the jets draft in the 1st Round.
Manti Teo, ILB Notre Dame
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Keenan Allen, WR Cal
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Dion Jordan, DE Oregon
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Damontre Moore, DE TAMU
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
Chance Warmack, G Alabama
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Tyler Bray, QB Tennessee
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Other (In Comments)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably go with Moore, but Te'o is interesting.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

Even if we didn't have Demario Davis, I would still go with Moore over Te'o.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Te'o is an animal. He also is a tremendous leader, which is something the Jets severely lack it seems.

I certainly wouldn't hate the pick if they made it.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Te'o is an animal. He also is a tremendous leader, which is something the Jets severely lack it seems.

I certainly wouldn't hate the pick if they made it.

He's probably going to be overdrafted. He's not bad, but he's not the next Patrick Willis. Hard to justify taking a player at a position that we don't need that early, especially if he is lacking star qualities. I think Te'o will be a good starter, but not much more.

Davis is supposedly a good leader. He was a leader in college and could step into that role here.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Manti but we can't take him that early.

IF we spend the pick on defense it NEEDS to be on a PASS RUSHER. If we draft a corner or something I'm going to lose it. Aldon Smith has a half sack less than our entire team for crying out loud. It's pathetic.

I want us to draft an offensive playmaker but when you think about it our defense is probably going to finish in the bottom 10 this year. Even with our "defensive genius" HC. I'm torn.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

IF we spend the pick on defense it NEEDS to be on a PASS RUSHER. If we draft a corner or something I'm going to lose it. Aldon Smith has a half sack less than our entire team for crying out loud. It's pathetic.

I want us to draft an offensive playmaker but when you think about it our defense is probably going to finish in the bottom 10 this year. Even with our "defensive genius" HC. I'm torn.

The guy has fire and passion and I think if we draft in the top 10 he needs to be the pick. He will be the Next great LB. That I am sure of. He can play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 and he has tremendous cover skills. Our D-line is good, our secondary is great. The second layer has been a concern for two years now.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Moore or Mingo for me at this point, if not trade down. Like Te'o but not a huge need, Hunter is ok but not a star WR. No Mingo or Moore then we need to trade back. A RT or OG would be nice but that's too high for one.

Props to Mack on the sig
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jetfuel wrote:
I think everyone is really over looking the number one guy in the draft. Manti Teo is by far the best one to pick in this years draft. This guy can carry a D by himself. This guy needs to come to the jets. He can step day one and we can trade David Harris. Yes that is right trade Harris for a 2nd round pick and take Landry Jones who has the strong arm size and good skills. This would solve some problems and after the 2013 season you can say good by to Holmes, Sanchez, and Wilson.
Gaggggg NO. Te'o is so overrated and he won't be elite in the NFL.

The guy has a ton of tackles and is going against some of the best O's in college football. He is a great leader who will take charge of the locker room. Every play he is in on the tackle. Now explain to me how he is overrated?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Te'O as a prospect , but he is not what we need. And it feels funny to say that knowing we are 30th vs the run. I think our biggest issues on defense has been the play at NT, OLBs, and Bart Scott.

Pouha has been dealing with injuries this year, and he is getting older. So his time is coming up soon. To be honest, before Ellis got hurt, I didn't see much from him. So he is still under the "potential" category.

I've been saying this for a while. The lack of talented OLB's has killed the potential of our defense. In 3-4, OLB's play a huge part in setting the edge against the run and bring pressure to QB's helping out the pass defense. Without that, RB's can run to the outside without a problem, and QB's have all day to pass.

Rex just need to stop putting Scott on the field. Stop all that " I believe you" BS. He was only out there for 11 snaps last game, and got beat for 1st downs on at least 3 of those plays. ( I stopped watching after the 1st half) . QB's know what to do when he is out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm focused on WR's, OLB's, QB's, and OG's at the moment for first round pick. I've watched Te'o since he was in high school playing just about every position besides Oline. It wouldn't shock me if Rex loves Manti for his leadership style. Unless those other needs are handled by Free agency, I don't think Te'o should be our pick.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is exactly what we need. I would put Harris on the block for anything if I could get my hands on T'eo. Give him # 55. Look at all the dominat D's in the league, The middle guy is the field general and emotional leader. I think we should move to a 4-3 Put Wilkerson and Coples at DE, Get Divito and Ellis at the Tackle position.
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

We have 17.5 Sacks this year as a team? I'm shocked we even have that many.

Give me a legit Pass Rusher in the first or an Superstar true no 1 WR

And Te'o im convinced hes gonna be a great player, not patrick willis though... he will be drafted too high though and it is a position we are decently equipped at.

Our D line is set our Secondary should be ok that leaves our 2 OLBs on D and we'll be ok with Revis coming back (hopefully healthy)

On the offensive side I hope we can deal with a plethora of issues through multiple avenues including free agency

Needs

WR
HB
RT
RG
and Veteran QB

I still say we build up our team around Sanchez since we're off the hook after 1 more year and it's better to give a talented rookie the keys with a team with tools rather than give him nothing.

we really need 2 3-4 OLBs at least 1 an elite pass rusher
Rich51

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a dominating pass rusher in the first so I would take Moore.

I think a lot of people will agree that this is not a strong Qb class so I don't see how 4 or 5 will be drafted in the first. Bray or Boyd should be available in the second but if not I wouldn't mind getting an OL, Rb or Wr and than take a Qb in the 3rd or 4th.

Even though we have Sanchez for another year I want him, for the first time in his pro career, to have to compete for the job
kilahchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I think everyone is really over looking the number one guy in the draft. Manti Teo is by far the best one to pick in this years draft. This guy can carry a D by himself. This guy needs to come to the jets. He can step day one and we can trade David Harris. Yes that is right trade Harris for a 2nd round pick and take Landry Jones who has the strong arm size and good skills. This would solve some problems and after the 2013 season you can say good by to Holmes, Sanchez, and Wilson.

Why even trade David Harris. Just Draft Manti Teo and then we would have Harris and Teo Duo at middle linebacker. Which would greatly improve our run defense.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

Why even trade David Harris. Just Draft Manti Teo and then we would have Harris and Teo Duo at middle linebacker. Which would greatly improve our run defense.

Demario Davis should be starting.
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis4president wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
Dion Jordan is hardly a great pass rusher. Pretty overrated IMO.

At this point it's pretty obvious we need to go QB. Hopefully Bray if he declares. If not than Wilson. If neither are available then I want Damontre Moore or Cordarelle Patterson followed by Zac Dysert in the second.

What's Tajh Boyd's status? Is he declaring? I think I might be the only person who thinks he's a legitimate 1st round prospect. I love everything about his game besides his height.

Nope i think Boyd's a 1st round prospect too. He's the third best qb in the draft IMO
I honestly am not sure if you guys are kidding or not...

lol yeah if the jets drafted Tajh Boyd i would be livid that guy is terrible and doesnt fit our offense.

To both of you guys,

What exactly do you not like about Boyd? And how can you say he doesn't fit our offense, you aren't the coach and chances are we'll have a whole new regime anyway. So there goes that argument.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: