Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: Seattle Seahawks VS Miami Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DolphWins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked good on that final drive and made some plays in a few earlier. The one where we got the INT back I was just thinking to myself knowing he was going to force it in there and we dont have any RZ playmakers. Also Tannehill, please slide next time you end a run.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
SUG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
SUG wrote:
phinmun wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
If we can get back to running the ball then I think we win this. I think our defense will do good at stopping Lynch. Wilson scares me with how we made Fitzpatrick look like Vick.

Uh-huh.

hammer wrote:
Seattle's defensive line is what scares me. If our OL steps up...

Wanna make a bet? Laughing

Yeah ... I'm with Hammer on this one.
My significant other being a Die Hard S.F. fan I've become familiar with the NFC West.
Seattle's Deff is stout & athletic, if our Oline does not play well we loose, period.

After half a dozen trips to the Orange Bowl I'm going to my 1st ever Phins gm at Sun Life stadium.
Been here 3 days already & we're having an absolute blast !

My how things have changed here in S. Fla since my last visit 8 - 9 yrs ago !!!

see ya on the 40 yd line !!
Yeahhh !!!!

Sug
Cool

Well, hopefully someone let's 'em know SUG is in the building, cuz they need some inspiration. Laughing

No sweat ... I took care of that & had a blast in the process. Cool Dancing Dancing

Spent wat too much money but hey ... It was like a pilgrimage to Mecca for me.

sug
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Emerica wrote:
Tooki wrote:
DolphWins wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Good win by the Phins today. The Hawks played like [inappropriate/removed] and didn't deserve to win it. Good luck with the season, Ryan Tannehill has the potential to be great.

Sadly the refs won you the game, but hey, those calls are going to be called 10/10.

Mean by hitting a QB in the head and getting a penalty, regardless of how it occurred? Was a bunch of no called blatant holds we didnt get that happens every week.

Earl Thomas jumped in the air to make a play on the ball and he (unintentionally) hit Tannehill in the head. I don't like it, but it gets called consistently so I'll suck it up.

And holds were missed on both sides (as it happens every week). Every team experiences that.

Why are you saying the refs won us the game then? The calls they made were the right calls but they won us the game? What?

I think that it's the wrong call, but the flag is going to be thrown every time so Earl Thomas should have approached the play accordingly.

ukdolfan wrote:
Tooki wrote:
DolphWins wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Good win by the Phins today. The Hawks played like [inappropriate/removed] and didn't deserve to win it. Good luck with the season, Ryan Tannehill has the potential to be great.

Sadly the refs won you the game, but hey, those calls are going to be called 10/10.

Mean by hitting a QB in the head and getting a penalty, regardless of how it occurred? Was a bunch of no called blatant holds we didnt get that happens every week.

Earl Thomas jumped in the air to make a play on the ball and he (unintentionally) hit Tannehill in the head. I don't like it, but it gets called consistently so I'll suck it up.

And holds were missed on both sides (as it happens every week). Every team experiences that.

It's harsh but it's the rule.

I've seen much less contact flagged. Thomas was trying to block the pass but he jumped into Tannehill and hit him forcefully. If he jumps up rather than into Tannehill he doesn't hit him and doesn't get flagged.

That's exactly my point. It's crap, but it's gonna get called. If he had have even stayed on his feet, it probably wouldn't have been called.

Defensive players have gotten too greedy in terms of tipped balls this season. Greedy play has consequences.

FF Member #67
Manic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah we got lucky on that endzone INT. Was finally a pretty good game to watch. Offense was able to move the ball pretty well.

and instead of the refs winning us the game, id say earl thomas won us that game. Cant blame the refs for making the correct call. Earl knows the rule, just like players know about running into the kicker. If you are gonna lunge for the block you better darn well get that ball cus you know the penalty is coming if you dont. He took the chance and lost.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:
yeah we got lucky on that endzone INT. Was finally a pretty good game to watch. Offense was able to move the ball pretty well.

and instead of the refs winning us the game, id say earl thomas won us that game. Cant blame the refs for making the correct call. Earl knows the rule, just like players know about running into the kicker. If you are gonna lunge for the block you better darn well get that ball cus you know the penalty is coming if you dont. He took the chance and lost.

I'd say this is true.

Of course, the victory is still bitter-sweet for me. Part of me feels like we didn't earn the win. Meh.

Nacho Simulation Football League
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Manic wrote:

I'd say this is true.

Of course, the victory is still bitter-sweet for me. Part of me feels like we didn't earn the win. Meh.
really? C'mon bro we been getting hosed in a few games this year it all even's out . We won this game and the rule is you can't hit the QB in the head and he did..
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else realize Hartline is on pace for a 1,000+ yard season?

No offense to him, but Tannehill is having to make chicken salad out of you know what. Hartline is a #3 WR lining up against #1 CBs and the only other options are Bess and Fasano/Clay.

I am going to jump on the Doc bandwagon here. We are 2 guards, improved tackle play, and a couple WRs away from a big time offense.

Tagging and trading Long may end up being the best move, he is above-average this season but will ask for an elite tier contract, and in all honesty he deserves it because in the right offense he is elite.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been obvious for awhile we need playmakers but yeah your right when you look around the league and see what other teams have it becomes even more obvious.. It sure didn't help to see mid round Wr givens,Hilton and sanu combine for 5 TD today and our mid round guys miller and egnew can't even get on the active list..
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
It's been obvious for awhile we need playmakers but yeah your right when you look around the league and see what other teams have it becomes even more obvious.. It sure didn't help to see mid round Wr givens,Hilton and sanu combine for 5 TD today and our mid round guys miller and egnew can't even get on the active list..

I'm not worried about Miller. He's learning to pass block and Bush/Thomas are adequate at worst.

Egnew.. I try to give rookies a pass on whatever happens their first year anyway.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely I am the biggest Egnew supporter in here. I just really hope we find that Wr in the off season I'm confident we will. I think hartline is a number 3 on a great team
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Manic wrote:

I'd say this is true.

really? C'mon bro we been getting hosed in a few games this year it all even's out . We won this game and the rule is you can't hit the QB in the head and he did..

Don't get me wrong... I'm glad we played much better in this game than last. But ultimately that should've been a pick. We got lucky that Earl Thomas committed that foul, as the foul had no impact on the play.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Clutch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Manic wrote:

I'd say this is true.

Don't get me wrong... I'm glad we played much better in this game than last. But ultimately that should've been a pick. We got lucky that Earl Thomas committed that foul, as the foul had no impact on the play.

While I somewhat agree, the Fins have been getting boned hard on the 'rulings on the field' and challenges. I can go back to the Pitt game a few seasons ago and say we have come out on the short end of the stick more often than not.
Fact is, RyanT led the team twice down by a TD in the 4th q. And then a FG late. Bounces go both ways, it just doesn't seem to be bouncing our way all that much over the past few seasons.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt get to watch the game but I heard Tanney looked solid and Hartline was clutch. Even though I know we dont have enough in the tank to hit the playoffs (and if we do end up there) I dont think we will get through first round, it is nice to get a win after a couple tough to swollow losses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Manic wrote:

I'd say this is true.

While I somewhat agree, the Fins have been getting boned hard on the 'rulings on the field' and challenges. I can go back to the Pitt game a few seasons ago and say we have come out on the short end of the stick more often than not.
Fact is, RyanT led the team twice down by a TD in the 4th q. And then a FG late. Bounces go both ways, it just doesn't seem to be bouncing our way all that much over the past few seasons.

You have to look at the pass-interference calls that we've seen go against us as of late.

If you want to feel better about the win, just look at those. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: