Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Jaguars
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Titans
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Chiefs
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Geno!!
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28841
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
What Chad Henne gives us is an option that makes it so we don't have to feel like we NEED to grab a QB and, instead, we can grab one when we WANT to.

Which will be Ryan Nassib in round two or three. :3


Yes to Nassib. Since we most likely will not get the number 1 pick I'd love to go Star/DE in round 1, then Jonathan Cooper in the second, and then get Nassib at the top of the 3rd.


You guys apparently like Nassib over Barkley...
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6974
Location: 904
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Bad meets Evil wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
What Chad Henne gives us is an option that makes it so we don't have to feel like we NEED to grab a QB and, instead, we can grab one when we WANT to.

Which will be Ryan Nassib in round two or three. :3


Yes to Nassib. Since we most likely will not get the number 1 pick I'd love to go Star/DE in round 1, then Jonathan Cooper in the second, and then get Nassib at the top of the 3rd.


You guys apparently like Nassib over Barkley...


well that's because barkley stanks.
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Conrad Buff


Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 692
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Good to see a win. But I'm still wondering which QB we will draft. Anybody that says we shouldn't draft a QB is a fool. Too bad we didn't have the first pick last year haha.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20841
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Bad meets Evil wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
What Chad Henne gives us is an option that makes it so we don't have to feel like we NEED to grab a QB and, instead, we can grab one when we WANT to.

Which will be Ryan Nassib in round two or three. :3


Yes to Nassib. Since we most likely will not get the number 1 pick I'd love to go Star/DE in round 1, then Jonathan Cooper in the second, and then get Nassib at the top of the 3rd.


You guys apparently like Nassib over Barkley...


Right now I do, actually.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47261
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Bad meets Evil wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
What Chad Henne gives us is an option that makes it so we don't have to feel like we NEED to grab a QB and, instead, we can grab one when we WANT to.

Which will be Ryan Nassib in round two or three. :3


Yes to Nassib. Since we most likely will not get the number 1 pick I'd love to go Star/DE in round 1, then Jonathan Cooper in the second, and then get Nassib at the top of the 3rd.


You guys apparently like Nassib over Barkley...
That really doesn't matter if Gene is fired.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35885
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Bad meets Evil wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
What Chad Henne gives us is an option that makes it so we don't have to feel like we NEED to grab a QB and, instead, we can grab one when we WANT to.

Which will be Ryan Nassib in round two or three. :3


Yes to Nassib. Since we most likely will not get the number 1 pick I'd love to go Star/DE in round 1, then Jonathan Cooper in the second, and then get Nassib at the top of the 3rd.


You guys apparently like Nassib over Barkley...
That really doesn't matter if Gene is fired.


It could if it means we keep certain regional scouts and people of the like.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3742
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolvesjagsfan10 wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
I'm starting to come around on mularkey & co. We are seeing big improvements in the passing game. This team, with a better offensive line & even just an average pass rush, would be a playoff contender. I'm kind of hoping for a pick somewhere between the 3rd & fifth pick & taking either the best tackle or best pass rusher on the board. Right now, I'm ok with Henne sticking around as the starter. Guy gets the ball down the field despite horrendous protection...have to give him some credit.

-charles


No thanks on keeping mularkey.

What I would pay to see this offense with a good quarterback.. Henne has held down the fort, but imagine what it would be like to have even a top fifteen quarterback with these wideouts and a healthy mjd. Pls




so then you're hoping we take a qb with our first pick? if so, which one? because i'd rather see henne or gabbert back with either a much improved o-line or pass rush (hopefully both) than to draft any of the qbs coming out this year.


I don't have an answer, I wish I did. There maybe no good answer. I'm not high on these quarterbacks coming out either. So either way we're probably screwed Because neither Gabbert or henne are ever going to lead us anywhere.


after watching henne the last couple weeks, you don't think he's capable of getting us to the playoffs with a decent o-line and pass rush? I wouldn't call him any better than an average qb, but I think he's proving that he can be serviceable if we are able to improve other areas of the team. if guys like alex smith & joe flacco can get their teams to the playoffs, henne can. anyway..back to mularkey... put the protection issues aside , and i think he's got the offense headed in the right direction.

-charles


No, I don't think he can. Especially not with this defense or offensive line. Excuse me for not having faith and Chad Henne being our Savior after 2 decent games.

It does show us how bad gabbert was tho.


Who said about Henne being our savior after 2 games? We're all going week to week to see how he plays. As of right now, I see no reason why with an improved o-line and some good additions on defense he couldn't be good for us. The guy finally has talent around him, and just a couple years ago there was a lot of whispers around him saying how he would be the next very good qb in the league. Obviously, the likelyhood of that is low, but let's see what we have. We need to wait until there is obviously a guy that can be our franchise qb for the next 15 years, and as of right now, I don't know if I see that in this draft.


Yeah, Henne hasn't lit the world on fire or anything, and he's not going to; but i think that if over the rest of the season we see a similar level of adequate play from him, it puts us in a decent situation going forward.

I think it absolutely puts us in a situation where we can follow somewhat of the '49ers blueprint', building a solid defense, great O-Line, tons of weapons, and let Henne be our 'Alex Smith', while we draft a 2nd/3rd round developmental QB for the future. Kaepernick is looking like a poster boy for the virtues of this approach, getting a raw project to sit for a year to learn and adjust to the NFL. By the time our QB of the future is ready to step in, we'll have put together the sort of pieces around him to succeed immediately behind a great O-Line with weapons everywhere.

Whether that's Nassib/Glennon/Dysert/Jones is a matter of preference, but i think Henne's play if it continues, puts us firmly in a situation where this is the most viable direction.

As for Mularkey...I'm also warming to the idea of keeping him around. I'll have to continue to see this sort of offensive production for the next few games, but this offense looks a lot more like what i was expecting when he came over, with Henne at the helm. Gene's tenure, i still think should be over and that very likely means the end of Mularkey as well, but i could be persuaded that keeping Mularkey is a decent idea if this direction carries through the rest of the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charles shelton


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 1908
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
No, I don't think he can. Especially not with this defense or offensive line. Excuse me for not having faith and Chad Henne being our Savior after 2 decent games.

It does show us how bad gabbert was tho.


i'm not calling him a savior. hyperbole aside, i don't see a franchise type guy in this draft and would much rather the team focus on the offensive line & pass rush this offseason...and to a lesser degree the cb & lb situation. i'm gonna be sorely disappointed if we take a qb with our first pick.

-charles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charles shelton


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 1908
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
Well... Good to see a win. But I'm still wondering which QB we will draft. Anybody that says we shouldn't draft a QB is a fool. Too bad we didn't have the first pick last year haha.


i disagree...reaching for a qb sets more teams back than passing on one.

also...saying something like that without offering a suggestion as to who that qb should be is just someone blowing smoke out of their keister.

-charles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47261
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
It could if it means we keep certain regional scouts and people of the like.
Possibly. But you'd think that whoever comes in would want whoever they were to draft to be their guy.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Well... Good to see a win. But I'm still wondering which QB we will draft. Anybody that says we shouldn't draft a QB is a fool. Too bad we didn't have the first pick last year haha.


i disagree...reaching for a qb sets more teams back than passing on one.

also...saying something like that without offering a suggestion as to who that qb should be is just someone blowing smoke out of their keister.

-charles


He's not saying we should reach for a QB, just that we should draft one. He doesn't have to mention which QB we should draft to say that we should.
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bad meets Evil


Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Posts: 1652
Location: Duval
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Bad meets Evil wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
What Chad Henne gives us is an option that makes it so we don't have to feel like we NEED to grab a QB and, instead, we can grab one when we WANT to.

Which will be Ryan Nassib in round two or three. :3


Yes to Nassib. Since we most likely will not get the number 1 pick I'd love to go Star/DE in round 1, then Jonathan Cooper in the second, and then get Nassib at the top of the 3rd.


You guys apparently like Nassib over Barkley...


Correct.
_________________

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DjBuddaH


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 7986
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:

As for Mularkey...I'm also warming to the idea of keeping him around. I'll have to continue to see this sort of offensive production for the next few games, but this offense looks a lot more like what i was expecting when he came over, with Henne at the helm. Gene's tenure, i still think should be over and that very likely means the end of Mularkey as well, but i could be persuaded that keeping Mularkey is a decent idea if this direction carries through the rest of the season.


Lol...I love how some people say "Fire Gene Smith, Fire Gene Smith", but when Chad Henne (who was a pick-up of his) wins a game, and the decision to start Gabbert over Henne in the first place is Mularkey's, people are like "Keep Mularkey and maybe still Fire Gene Smith".

I know some of you will get defensive because it feels like I'm calling you out, but if you do get defensive...you are exactly who I'm talking about, soI guess it worked out.
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6974
Location: 904
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

As for Mularkey...I'm also warming to the idea of keeping him around. I'll have to continue to see this sort of offensive production for the next few games, but this offense looks a lot more like what i was expecting when he came over, with Henne at the helm. Gene's tenure, i still think should be over and that very likely means the end of Mularkey as well, but i could be persuaded that keeping Mularkey is a decent idea if this direction carries through the rest of the season.


Lol...I love how some people say "Fire Gene Smith, Fire Gene Smith", but when Chad Henne (who was a pick-up of his) wins a game, and the decision to start Gabbert over Henne in the first place is Mularkey's, people are like "Keep Mularkey and maybe still Fire Gene Smith".

I know some of you will get defensive because it feels like I'm calling you out, but if you do get defensive...you are exactly who I'm talking about, soI guess it worked out.


fire gene smith
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35885
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
It could if it means we keep certain regional scouts and people of the like.
Possibly. But you'd think that whoever comes in would want whoever they were to draft to be their guy.


You are correct, but where is some new GM going to find X amount of regional and positional scouts? I mean I'm available, so that's a plus.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group