Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens @ Chargers GDT (Week 12)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
You can thank us now or after the game.

We are going to crush the steelers for you Very Happy

We will beat them week 17 as well. Very Happy

Not sure if it was said...

Thank you.

No problem.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
You can thank us now or after the game.

We are going to crush the steelers for you Very Happy

We will beat them week 17 as well. Very Happy

Not sure if it was said...

Thank you.

No problem.

I had faith the whole time. I've actually sort of been rooting for the Browns since we last played them. I think you guys are right about just how talented your team is. Many people slept on you in the beginning of the year... and even now you guys are confused with some of the other cellar dwellers.

But the things is, your team is pretty darn talented... you just haven't found that intangible element on being able to win close games. A lot of that probably has to do with having a rookie QB, a rookie RB, and a rookie WR all as the focal points of your team's offense. There is no true veteran leader/elite player to carry the team on his back and be a grounding influence when moments get tough. But the AFCN is going to be one incredibly tough division next year. Even last year it was really just a 3 horse race, but now the Browns are becoming legit. By next year, I expect you guys to be legit in the playoff race throughout.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got to say, after reading through that 4th and 29 thread again... I can say I've gained more respect for Mosburg... who while disagreeing with the result of the call, still found a way to acknowledge the play as being "special" and good on some level.

I've also lost a TON of respect for tylerdouglas... honestly, like A LOT. I mean that was one of the most condescending displays I've seen. How does one minute he make a comment about not tolerating personal attacks (poster agreeing with the Ravens perspective on the play) to the next talking down SNA to another poster who... you guessed it shared TDs viewpoint on this issue (43Mafia).

When in reality, while SNA's argument started out a bit overly ambitious regarding the nature of people not believing his point of view, the recent points were VERY reasonable, but instead of arguing the nature of those points and their validity, he simply throws out those arguments because they followed SNA's hyperbolic statement in the early pages of that thread. He seemingly ignored all of his points following... until the blatant attempt to disrespect his POV by discussing him to another poster in a degrading light, not even 4 posts after reflecting on how a poster shouldn't make posts personal. THAT was pretty hilarious.

And then just a few posts later... seemingly insults BTerp for not responding in the tone expected of a "former FF MVP"... in what was a clear joke about the nature of GIFs. Looked like a clear power trip in that thread.

The point of this post? SNA, I don't always agree with you... heck, I agree with you probably only 7% of the time... and its usually when we're discussing Cam Cameron ( Laughing ) but I think you at least deserve some sort of apology from a mod based on what I read of that thread.

I started out never venturing outside of the Ravens forum... and after reading that thread and the complete lack of respect for any amount of ability displayed by any Ravens player on that play along with any appreciation for how difficult it is to make such a play on ANY level of football vs. ANY kind of opponent was just embarrassing to watch as a football fan... and will make me think twice before leaving this forum in the future.

I mean, "nothing special" has to be literally one of the biggest understatements for a play I've ever seen. Sure it wasn't Marshawn Lynch's Beast Mode run, but the "diddle diddle" was one of the most astounding plays in Ravens history. I would probably put it up there with the Lewis interception or the Lewis stop on Sproles. I mean just the impossible nature of that play alone makes it absurd to claim it wasn't special on some level. People are acting like it was a blown coverage or something and Rice had nothing but green. They are acting like that cut Rice made could be done by any starting RB. I'm sorry but that's like saying anyone who knows how to dribble a basketball could do Allen Iverson's killer crossover... no, that's a unique skill set. Ray Rice is known for his elite agility and acceleration in the open field. That cut Rice made was every bit as deadly as Barry Sanders... yet apparently, it was a cut that JV RBs at run down high schools could make. The absurdity and delusion of that thread was beyond ridiculous. I honestly didn't want to argue in that thread because of the complete ineptitude of the general conclusion founded wherein. It was like trying to argue against McCarthyism during the red scare.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I've just got to say, after reading through that 4th and 29 thread again... I can say I've gained more respect for Mosburg... who while disagreeing with the result of the call, still found a way to acknowledge the play as being "special" and good on some level.

I've also lost a TON of respect for tylerdouglas... honestly, like A LOT. I mean that was one of the most condescending displays I've seen. How does one minute he make a comment about not tolerating personal attacks (poster agreeing with the Ravens perspective on the play) to the next talking down SNA to another poster who... you guessed it shared TDs viewpoint on this issue (43Mafia).

When in reality, while SNA's argument started out a bit overly ambitious regarding the nature of people not believing his point of view, the recent points were VERY reasonable, but instead of arguing the nature of those points and their validity, he simply throws out those arguments because they followed SNA's hyperbolic statement in the early pages of that thread. He seemingly ignored all of his points following... until the blatant attempt to disrespect his POV by discussing him to another poster in a degrading light, not even 4 posts after reflecting on how a poster shouldn't make posts personal. THAT was pretty hilarious.

And then just a few posts later... seemingly insults BTerp for not responding in the tone expected of a "former FF MVP"... in what was a clear joke about the nature of GIFs. Looked like a clear power trip in that thread.

The point of this post? SNA, I don't always agree with you... heck, I agree with you probably only 7% of the time... and its usually when we're discussing Cam Cameron ( Laughing ) but I think you at least deserve some sort of apology from a mod based on what I read of that thread.

I started out never venturing outside of the Ravens forum... and after reading that thread and the complete lack of respect for any amount of ability displayed by any Ravens player on that play along with any appreciation for how difficult it is to make such a play on ANY level of football vs. ANY kind of opponent was just embarrassing to watch as a football fan... and will make me think twice before leaving this forum in the future.

I mean, "nothing special" has to be literally one of the biggest understatements for a play I've ever seen. Sure it wasn't Marshawn Lynch's Beast Mode run, but the "diddle diddle" was one of the most astounding plays in Ravens history. I would probably put it up there with the Lewis interception or the Lewis stop on Sproles. I mean just the impossible nature of that play alone makes it absurd to claim it wasn't special on some level. People are acting like it was a blown coverage or something and Rice had nothing but green. They are acting like that cut Rice made could be done by any starting RB. I'm sorry but that's like saying anyone who knows how to dribble a basketball could do Allen Iverson's killer crossover... no, that's a unique skill set. Ray Rice is known for his elite agility and acceleration in the open field. That cut Rice made was every bit as deadly as Barry Sanders... yet apparently, it was a cut that JV RBs at run down high schools could make. The absurdity and delusion of that thread was beyond ridiculous. I honestly didn't want to argue in that thread because of the complete ineptitude of the general conclusion founded wherein. It was like trying to argue against McCarthyism during the red scare.

I've learned a long time ago that trying to argue anything subjective in General is a lost cause. Once in a while you'll have a nice debate, but the majority of posters there are more along the lines of "LOL NO" in terms of arguing, usually in the form of a stupid picture. As soon as I see a poster who is not there to have a quality discussion try to debate me, I just let it go. If any person uses the word "hater" in a response to me, I just laugh and typically ignore them -- not worth the time. Like I said, once in a while you'll have a quality discussion where both sides are willing to defend their stance, but also have an open mind -- then there are the times where you're just arguing with a wall, and in those times, the "winner" is typically the one who types in more capital letters or finds the funnier pictures. In order to actively participate in those discussions, you have to either be a very bold poster (SnA and DTMB fit the bill perfectly) or just be super bored and just want to be entertained (the reason why I post there).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That thread was the most frustrated I've been trying to talk about a play, I think ever, although did I miss the part where TD was talking down to me to FourThreeMafia? I don't really remember that, but whatever trying to make a point to those guys was a lost cause.

I just thought it was absolutely ridiculous that they were all bashing ME for being stuck in my "narrow minded view", then when I try to present an argument they turn around and say things like "it was like Ray Rice was playing against high school JV guys arm tackling" or "Rashad Jennings could've made that play" or "I'm confident Donald Brown could've done that" or tons of other things that are just absolutely absurd, but when I call them how it is, they all get offended and start saying "WE DON'T NEED THIS NONSENSE AROUND HERE! RAAAAHHHH!"

Seriously. Stupid. I lost so much respect for so many posters in NFL Gen, especially TD and Tom Sheean (or whatever his name is).

But thanks DB. I wish I was better at debating lol

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is that SnA can be one of the most anti-homer guys on this board. Based on that thread, backs are converting 4th and 29's on a weekly basis.

Apparently it made the SC top-10 as the #1 play. Not 100% sure about this, if someone could confirm I'd appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
That thread was the most frustrated I've been trying to talk about a play, I think ever, although did I miss the part where TD was talking down to me to FourThreeMafia? I don't really remember that, but whatever trying to make a point to those guys was a lost cause.

I just thought it was absolutely ridiculous that they were all bashing ME for being stuck in my "narrow minded view", then when I try to present an argument they turn around and say things like "it was like Ray Rice was playing against high school JV guys arm tackling" or "Rashad Jennings could've made that play" or "I'm confident Donald Brown could've done that" or tons of other things that are just absolutely absurd, but when I call them how it is, they all get offended and start saying "WE DON'T NEED THIS NONSENSE AROUND HERE! RAAAAHHHH!"

Seriously. Stupid. I lost so much respect for so many posters in NFL Gen, especially TD and Tom Sheean (or whatever his name is).

But thanks DB. I wish I was better at debating lol

Totally agree. That thread was beyond ridiculous. I just laughed at all of the people saying anyone could do that. Seriously? They are all delusional. I don't even think Ray Rice could do that again. 99% of the time, no one makes that play happen.
spiritoftruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a silver lining kind of guy. The silver lining here is, while FF almost unanimously dismissed that play as a run of the mill every game kind of play, It was mentioned on SNF, MNF, Sportscenter, PTI and probably on many more programs I didn't get to see. On Sportscenter they said, "on what will likely be the play of the year" in reference to 4th and 29.

So, even though it seems like you're in the minority, most of the people in that thread are the actual minority.

Another silver lining is the Ravens won the game because of that play and are 9-2.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
Dissonance19

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always a double standard. If we win ugly, or make a great we're not good, something's wrong. Gets blown out of proportion. If it's GB, NY, NE, they did what they were supposed to and did all they can, found a way to win.

As long as we win, regardless if it's takes a miracle, a backup QB in, or lucky play, I don't give a crap how. Winning pretty never does anything.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
I'm a silver lining kind of guy. The silver lining here is, while FF almost unanimously dismissed that play as a run of the mill every game kind of play, It was mentioned on SNF, MNF, Sportscenter, PTI and probably on many more programs I didn't get to see. On Sportscenter they said, "on what will likely be the play of the year" in reference to 4th and 29.

So, even though it seems like you're in the minority, most of the people in that thread are the actual minority.

Another silver lining is the Ravens won the game because of that play and are 9-2.

Exactly, and the people in NFL Gen simply didn't understand, or were REFUSING to understand the context of that play and the significance it had on not only that drive, but the entire game, the AFC North playoff picture, and quite possibly the future for the Ravens.

Had he not made that first down, we lose the game, don't clinch a playoff spot this week (in many scenarios), Joe Flacco takes MASSIVE criticism for checking it down, etc. etc. etc.

Anyways, at this point I don't care how we win as long as we win. If it comes back to bite us in the playoffs, so be it, I just love seeing us win games and troll the entire world at this point

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Integrity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is on NFL Replay right now. FIOS has it described as "Baltimore Colts at San Diego Chargers from Qualcomm Stadium". d'oh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47

Jump to: