Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens @ Chargers GDT (Week 12)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
It's hard to hate on KO, he's a rook and has been up and down all year. If he develops, he'll get more consistent. Oher is definitely servicable, I guess I am just spoiled by watching Odgen for so long. Birk needs to go, and we'll see if we have that guy in Gradkowski. If Barrett Jones is available when we pick, he's our guy (at least Newsome's)

Big ups to Art Jones and Torrey Smith today.

I can't see Ozzie taking a C in the top 100 picks in back-to-back drafts. Both Gradkowski and Jones have some versatility but I'd be very surprised if the team drafted another C so soon.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:
It's hard to hate on KO, he's a rook and has been up and down all year. If he develops, he'll get more consistent. Oher is definitely servicable, I guess I am just spoiled by watching Odgen for so long. Birk needs to go, and we'll see if we have that guy in Gradkowski. If Barrett Jones is available when we pick, he's our guy (at least Newsome's)

Big ups to Art Jones and Torrey Smith today.

I can't see Ozzie taking a C in the top 100 picks in back-to-back drafts. Both Gradkowski and Jones have some versatility but I'd be very surprised if the team drafted another C so soon.

Yeah, agreed. But if we did select an OL in this draft, I think Jones is the one that I see as most likely. You'd have to think that Ozzie will be in love with his ability and versatility. It definitely wouldn't shock me if we took Jones tbqh.

That said, I'm still on the Terrence Williams bandwagon. Though I tend to go back and forth between him and Sheldon Richardson (who I need to see more of). Though if Dion Jordan somehow inches back into the picture....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm posting this everywhere because it was that good Cool

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Integrity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th and inches? No can do. 4th and 29? No problem. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 Baltimore Ravens. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing The media wants us to go away so bad. All they showed on Gameday was 4th and 29 and then beat Joe over the head for dumping it off on 4th and 29. If it was Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Ryan, Roethlisberger, they'd show every single completion on all three scoring drives.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
4th and inches? No can do. 4th and 29? No problem. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 Baltimore Ravens. Laughing
This team is just one hilarious, prolonged trollface and I love them for it.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking a lot tonight and to me, this team is almost EXACTLY like the 2011 Broncos.

Now before I'm crucified because of the obvious distinction, no, I'm not comparing Flacco to Tebow!

The defenses are similar in that they aren't viewed as elite and give up yardage, but when you need those crucial stops; both defenses delivered.

The Broncos were known for sucking for 3 quarters and then suddenly becoming a juggernaut in the 4th, and that's almost exactly what we are on offense this year.

Also not to mention we have a super freakin clutch kicker.

The only thing I can say is that come playoff time, we are simply NOT going to go anywhere if we can't string together at least 3 quarters of halfway decent offensive football.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:

There's some serious hate in NFL Gen right now regarding this play. Seriously, how can you watch this and say "meh, nothing special..."?!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I'm looking at it. The more I LOVE our chances to win the AFC.

The Patriots don't have a good secondary and Chandler Jones is the only scary pass rusher. And while I think he will be great, right now he's not a guy you have nightmares about. Ninkovich is solid but nbd. With Flacco and are weapons, 24 or 27 points easy. And noone will ever admit this, but Brady is only good for a FG at the end if you need one. It's been proven time and time again he will not get you 7.

Broncos. I think we can just run right at them. That is a small finesse front seven. You don't see it often, but Peyton's age does show from time to time. The arm isn't what it used to be. It gets cold, balls hang in the air, we got enforcers.

Texans are the toughest matchup for us. I think we'd beat them but I feel pretty good the Patriots take care of that for us. You slow down their pass rushers and you can completely light them up on the back end. Patriots can do that. And they play great run defense. I AM NOT COMPARING THEM TO THE 2000 RAVENS. But the model is the same. Those two big DTs eat up blocks and those big physical linebackers punish the ball carrier. Shut the Texans run down you shut the Texans down because Andre is the only big play threat they have in the passing game.

I think we got this guys.

Now the Super Bowl is another story.

If we play the Falcons, it's over. We're world champions. But I don't think there is a snow flakes chance in hell they make it.

Bears is a dead even matchup. We don't force turnovers or get them in the end zone like they do. But in one game Ed can take it to the house as well as anyone they have. Same strengths and weaknesses there though.

49ers is a tough one and I'll probably admit they are the better team if I'm being completely honest. But it's doable.

Now the Giants. That's a terrifying matchup. Their pass rushers against our OL. Their receivers against our corners and for my money they have the best OL in the league. I can't figure out a path to victory in that one.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
drd23 wrote:

There's some serious hate in NFL Gen right now regarding this play. Seriously, how can you watch this and say "meh, nothing special..."?!

I used to want to bang my head against a wall. But I've come to love the ridiculousness in NFL Gen.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMB: I love your optimism, but NOTHING is guaranteed with this team, especially "24 to 27 points, easy". Nothing will ever be guaranteed as long as Cam Cameron calls the plays for this offense.

BlaqOptic wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
drd23 wrote:

I used to want to bang my head against a wall. But I've come to love the ridiculousness in NFL Gen.

This is the most homerism I've ever felt towards the Ravens, but it's seriously kind of pissing me off that people can look at this play, in the context of the game and say "Yeah, that's not thing special. Lots of other RB's can do that.." NO, they can't.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Laughing The media wants us to go away so bad. All they showed on Gameday was 4th and 29 and then beat Joe over the head for dumping it off on 4th and 29. If it was Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Ryan, Roethlisberger, they'd show every single completion on all three scoring drives.

They always have. Yet I'm still shocked about how dismissive the majority of the media talking heads are regarding the Ravens.

You've got guys like Darren Sharper and Heath Evans actively and openly hoping for the Steelers to somehow win the division, sucking up to Tomlin and anyone else in that organisation, any chance they get. Evans even saying he "wanted" to see the Bengals beat the Ravens in the season opener.

Though in fairness, there are a few guys, like Eric Davis, Steve Wyche and Deion Sanders who think our team is worthy of praise, from time to time. Just a shame they tend to get drowned out.

And the NFL Network seem like rabid Baltimore fans when compared to ESPN. Yeesh.

I'm just glad the offense got it together in the end, and hopefully this is the big road win they needed to finally believe that it's not so different from playing at home after all (Heinz Field doesn't count, being a divisional game with that sort of rivalry. It was going to get them pumped anyway). Because they've shown that when they are firing, this offense is very, very tough to stop.

Flacco can make every throw in the playbook, Boldin is a beast as a possession receiver (and Tandon Doss is showing promise there too), Torrey Smith can shred a defense. And Ray Rice... well... it goes without saying, really.

I don't quite think that play is Play of the Year material, simply due to some of the others we've seen (Chris Ivory the other week springs to mind), and the Chargers kind of sucked at tackling, but it was still a fantastic play. And if Arian Foster had done it, people would still be creaming themselves now.

What I don't get is the criticism of Flacco for dumping it off to him. We hear, non-stop, that Cam's playcalls never get receivers open. That they're constantly covered and having to fight for the ball. In this case, the Chargers were looking for the pass, and were covering even more closely. So Flacco, instead of just chucking it up and hoping for the best (which probably would have been an incompletion as opposed to an INT), sees the space that Rice has and gives him the ball, giving the Ravens the chance they needed. Yet he's still mocked for it. Guy just can't win, it seems. Unless you're talking about winning games.

This was a game that I had pegged as a loss when the schedule first came out, so I can be nothing but happy about this result. Going on the road to the West Coast a week after that scrap with the Steelers in Pittsburgh? I'll take an OT winning FG any time.

Now the Ravens can win the division with a victory over Pittsburgh next week, and wouldn't that be sweet?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Gen ain't giving us no type of love.

All I can say is...

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah, I'm with you man. So much hate for such a great and unlikely play.

The problem I have with Flacco checking that down is that the percentage and the likeliness you have of a RB running through (what was it, like 6-7 guys??) and 29 yards is SOOOO UNLIKELY that it was simply not a good choice. Period. It should've have worked, and that's why that play is so great by Ray Rice, because there should be NO WAY we convert that.

But we did. And we won. And everyone else can suck it because we're 9-2 (somehow) and pretty much just clinched the AFC North after we dismantle the Steelers next week (what is this optimism?!).

But back to Flacco, there's no way you don't at least TRY to throw the ball down the field in that situation, there just isn't. 9/10 times that play fails. Ray Rice is gang tackled and we lose right then and there. Today was just our day, I guess.

Furthermore, it speaks volumes as to how our coaches feel about Flacco when we had 9 or so seconds left and 1 TO, but instead of taking one more chance and going for the win, we take the ball out of Flacco's hands and settle for a FG (once again relying on a kicker, even if it is Justin Tucker, this is why you call Flacco elite, this is WHY you're about to give him an extension). I think Harbs sees that Flacco isn't elite and simply played it safe so that if we fail, we can blame the rookie K instead of Flacco. That's just my observation though, and obviously Flacco came up clutch in OT (kinda...got VERY lucky that Weddle didn't pick the pass off into double coverage and also the other tipped pass at the LoS).

Okay, I'm going to bed now. It's been a crazy freakin' night. I hope I dream about that Ray Rice run. Holy smokes that was magical to watch.

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 44 of 47

Jump to: