Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT: Panthers @ Eagles... on Monday Night!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
Well done offense. Bad opponent, but they closed it out.

Cam had a solid game, could've hit a few more open passes but I can't be overly picky when he doesn't turn it over. The talk about giving up on him is a major overreaction. He still didn't have support from the run and the pass blocking was subpar.

Very poor showing for the defense. No excuses. The FFs were a small redemption.

Lastly, DRAFT A DAMN KICKER
I agree. The talk about him has been at least 95% hyperbole in both directions. This is essentially his third year playing QB against real competition at any level. Don't give him a break, but let's just be reasonable folks. With the right coaching, the man will be at QB like nothing anyone has seen before (oops... there's that hyperbole again Laughing ).
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ23 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
i wish cam would shut his face
Man, you really hate you some Can Newton. Shocked Don't understand why, but to each their own. It does look like he'll be around for quite some time, though.

I'm not a big fan of Cam either.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
rjkilla

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have nothing against cam. i'm glad he's our qb and i think if he ever "gets it" then he can def be great. but i like my athletes to be very competitive no nonsense act like you've done it before types. a la kobe, MJ, scott stevens. i think the only laid back athlete i really like is marty brodeur. rapping or whatever while he was coming to line to take a knee is just gross to me. and his first down thing drives me crazy. i don't mind the superman if he's scored. i love cam and i have faith in him. just really immature and i'm convinced it's that attitude that's holding him and this team back

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel like what's really holding the team back is god awful pig disgusting coaching. not cam or any other player.

i mean, have you not seen the playcalls we make cam do? some of the most nonsensical crap i've ever seen. more unbearable than 2010's playcalling. it took like 7 weeks to get rid of the option as our primary run play and WE STILL use it a ton even though we're obviously better without it. we do something like 80% of passes from shotgun which is stupid.

and inexplicably switching to the prevent defense against chicago and tampa lost us two games... not to mention not benching haruki for sherrod in the atlanta game which allowed them to win the game even though they were on the 1 yard line and had no timeouts and less than 60 seconds to score. and if you want to go before that, we had a 4th and 1 that we could have potentially converted.

i don't see how cam has anything to do with playcalling or defense. you could also blame refs for dallas and denver to an extent. has he played worse than last year? yeah. definitely. his footwork is terrible. that could be because he's uncomfortable (with the playcall or crappy OL not protecting him) or shula sucking as a coach or whatever. i don't know. but it wasn't as prevalent as last season so we know he can do better...

so yeah people who think cam is the problem or even *A* problem need to step back and reevaluate everything. once we get a competent staff in here (i have faith in accorsi to get someone who isn't an idiot) we'll be back on track. cam will be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
i feel like what's really holding the team back is god awful pig disgusting coaching. not cam or any other player.

i mean, have you not seen the playcalls we make cam do? some of the most nonsensical crap i've ever seen. more unbearable than 2010's playcalling. it took like 7 weeks to get rid of the option as our primary run play and WE STILL use it a ton even though we're obviously better without it. we do something like 80% of passes from shotgun which is stupid.

and inexplicably switching to the prevent defense against chicago and tampa lost us two games... not to mention not benching haruki for sherrod in the atlanta game which allowed them to win the game even though they were on the 1 yard line and had no timeouts and less than 60 seconds to score. and if you want to go before that, we had a 4th and 1 that we could have potentially converted.

i don't see how cam has anything to do with playcalling or defense. you could also blame refs for dallas and denver to an extent. has he played worse than last year? yeah. definitely. his footwork is terrible. that could be because he's uncomfortable (with the playcall or crappy OL not protecting him) or shula sucking as a coach or whatever. i don't know. but it wasn't as prevalent as last season so we know he can do better...

so yeah people who think cam is the problem or even *A* problem need to step back and reevaluate everything. once we get a competent staff in here (i have faith in accorsi to get someone who isn't an idiot) we'll be back on track. cam will be fine.

the coaching def isn't helping but that has nothing to do with cam missing wide open receivers(some 3 yards away on screens) or holding the ball to long. i don't think anyone including cam would say he doesn't have things to work on and some parts of his game and attitude are def very problematic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
Zithers wrote:

the coaching def isn't helping but that has nothing to do with cam missing wide open receivers(some 3 yards away on screens) or holding the ball to long. i don't think anyone including cam would say he doesn't have things to work on and some parts of his game and attitude are def very problematic.
I agree with you 100% regarding your previous post. However, I'm more upset at the ones that raised him and enabled him growing up. I just hope he's smart enough to be humbled by this season and mature. The guy is still young. Also, the issues we see can (and I think will) be coached out of him. Remember... He's only in his third season at QB against significant competition. We're acting like he's in his 4th or 5th year. Let him develop (like most other good or great NFL quarterbacks).
Moody

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh... Some people don't like Cam even when he powers the team and doesn't turn the ball over. On the road, on MNF. It appears Jimmy Clausen was pretty easy to forget for some.

It will take time, but the next GM has to shift money from the RBs to the offensive line and the receivers. Without Cam's rushing the team is dead last in rushing yards.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
i have nothing against cam. i'm glad he's our qb and i think if he ever "gets it" then he can def be great. but i like my athletes to be very competitive no nonsense act like you've done it before types. a la kobe, MJ, scott stevens. i think the only laid back athlete i really like is marty brodeur. rapping or whatever while he was coming to line to take a knee is just gross to me. and his first down thing drives me crazy. i don't mind the superman if he's scored. i love cam and i have faith in him. just really immature and i'm convinced it's that attitude that's holding him and this team back

While I see what you are saying, Jordan was a very arrogant individual, especially when he was younger. Did you hear his HOF speech?

I do agree though with some of what you're saying. I wish Newton would get rid of his first down celebration - it's irritating. But I don't think his attitude is necessarily holding this team back. Needs to deal with losses better yeah but his work ethic has always been a huge plus for him (out of all the criticism he had, coming out of Auburn, his work ethic wasn't in question, or well it shouldn't have been). I think his hatred for losing helps push the guys around him.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go winners

Code:
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/kiltguyofscots/sigs/SBP.png[/img]

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panther fans, say thank you to Kiltman for your purty new sig Wink

Kiltman wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at this game and loved it! Living in the Philly area, there's nothing better than shutting up drunk Eagle fans!

Thank you Cam for making my jersey choice the right now.

Also, thank you Bryce Brown for giving me 2 wins in fantasy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Here you go winners

Code:
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/kiltguyofscots/sigs/SBP.png[/img]

The Philadelphia Eagles select...the guy you wanted.

That's so perfect. And strangely enough I bet that happens Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. I hated that call on Greg Hardy, such bs holy crap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
Oh yeah. I hated that call on Greg Hardy, such bs holy crap.

Yeah thats like the third time this has happened to us. Last 2 weeks were both on TD.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to clear something up. i didn't mean for it to sound like cams attitude is holding the whole team back because i believe everyone is ultimately accountable for themselves. i mean the whole team in general is a bit underdeveloped at key positions and with a little maturing process they'll take a huge step forward

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: