Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 12 49ers @ Saints… Redemption or Validation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad game, just what happens when your Oline is scraping the barrel. Im telling you have to beef up that Line. Brees can look like a stud against average teams, but in a shootout with a pass rush like that... It will bring you back down to earth.

That being said how about #25 bush making a play Wink

and were not out of the playoffs, just have to keep fighting, like I said chalk it at 9-7 fellas. were still in it.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want to say is that I can't wait for this D to be gutted in the offseason. Yes Brees was the biggest reason we lost the game, but man the D did not help him at all.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
All I want to say is that I can't wait for this D to be gutted in the offseason. Yes Brees was the biggest reason we lost the game, but man the D did not help him at all.

The D gave up an early touchdown then shutdown San Francisco for the rest of the 1st half and even caused an interception with around 1:15 left so that we could try to turn our 7 point lead into 10+ points before Brees threw a pick 6 letting San Fran tie it going into halftime.

The D did then give up a TD on the opening drive but they pretty much clamped back down and kept them quiet even after having to limit a 9 minute drive to just a FG.

The D gave up 17 points and that would've been enough to win... Brees gave up 14 points and that cost us the game, not the D.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, wasn't this the 49ers worst offensive performance of the season or something?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one to blame but Brees. Patrick Robinson comes up with a huge INT and Brees turns around and turns it into 6 points for the other team. Huge swing in that game.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at the game today... VERY proud of how hard our defense fought the entire game. Offense was off but was simply outmatched aganist the 49ers defense. Hard to really understand how fast and physical those guys are until you see them up close and in person.

The Smith brothers are simply dominating!

Notes on the game from my view...

1. Brees obviously made some very questional throws. Also noticed that CarMichael called more running formations but Brees continuly audibled out of it so the lack of running towards the end of the 1st half was all on Drew. Picked the wrong time to have his worst game.

2. 49ers new QB is being over hyped! Boy had a decent game but was NOT the reason the 49ers won. Our QB had more to do with their win than he did but the media seems to think he's the best thing since sliced bread, I just don,t see it.

3. Aldon Smith is quickly becoming my favorite non Saints player in the leauge, guy does things that seem impossiable at times. He's every bit of 6'5" 260 lbs but seems to "get small" and sneek through gaps like he's shot out of a cannon, extremly powerful for his size!

4. Saints defense is developing and Akiem Hicks and Martez Wilson will be major peices to the puzzle moving fwd. The future core of this unit is begining to establish themselves. Jenkins, Robinson, Lofton, Wilson, Hicks and Jordan provide Spagnuolo a solid group moving fwd but this team needs to find a dynamic pass rusher like the Niners have in Smith before it gets over the hump.

5. Brees had a bad game by his standards but in fairness he was pressing most of the game because of the Niners pass rush. He was clearly rattled and the fans saw it on the sideline. That was the talk of the stadium today, about how the 49er defenders had Drew not trusting his front line.

6. Thomas Moorstead's impact of football games are grossly undervalued. This guy is simply a monster back there and the NFL needs to begin to take notice!

7. After a dynamic pass rusher for the defense, the next to most pressing needs on this team is offensive tackle and wide reciever. Bushrod was ok today but de la puente was absoutly abused! I ain't going to bash the right tackle who ever he was because, well you know!

8. 49er fans werent the argoant peolpe I always hear of... most of them in interacted with were suprisingly friendly and respectful!

9. Drew Brees has as much to due with the lack of running game at times as anyone. He has a quick trigger to audible out and would rather the swing pass or dump off over a handoff anyday!

10. This game was over after Brooks pick 6! The defense was in it till the end but this offense basically just went through the motions with ZERO passion throughout the rest of the game.

Honerable Mention: The Monzoon's at "Port O Call" are amazing and really hit the spot after a loss!!!

Hard fought game on defense for our boys, no shame in losing to a team like the Niners!

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Yeah, wasn't this the 49ers worst offensive performance of the season or something?

In terms of points or yards? I'm fairly certain we have had a few games worse than this one. Overall, the Saints defense was very live and brought it.

whodatworm23, glad to hear the 49ers fans you interacted with weren't arrogant. Great write up, but as far as the young QB not having a great game? Well, he didn't, but I think people are impressed in his 2nd start in an hostile environment he kept his cool. After the INT I was very interested in seeing how he would respond. Kaepernick came out on the 1st drive after halftime and led us all the way down for a TD. He didn't get much help on a few drops and penalties but I was satisfied with performance. His style is a little risky so we will see more turnovers along with more big plays.

Aldon Smith is getting better and better. Justin Smith as of late has been great himself. Both guys bring it every game but McDonald and Brooks were just as good. You are right that you have to see this defense in person to realize how physical and fast they are. Whitner and Goldson lay the wood and not many teams can have their LB cover Graham one on one. One thing that surprised me was your run defense early on. Gore usually starts out on fire but he had no holes. In the 2nd half the DL got worn out and he started getting some big chunks.

I'm also glad Moore and Colston were able to come back to the game. Sadly, same can't be said for Hunter and Williams Crying or Very sad .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:
Here's hoping Kaepernick has a horrendous game.

Really looking forward to this game Very Happy

I hope he does as well... I think he's the real deal though, I was real high on him coming out of Navada and though he was a steal at the top of the 2nd.

Jim Harbaugh can coach quarterbacks and Kaepernick has a unique skill set who will burn us with his legs if we don't have gap containment!

I wouldn't mind Kaepernick doing well, as long as he doesn't do enough that the 49ers win.

Actually Raves, you hit it right... he did decent but not good enough IMO to warrant a win. DEFENSE was the reason San Fran won last night.

^NS922 on the sig^
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:

The D gave up an early touchdown then shutdown San Francisco for the rest of the 1st half and even caused an interception with around 1:15 left so that we could try to turn our 7 point lead into 10+ points before Brees threw a pick 6 letting San Fran tie it going into halftime.

The D did then give up a TD on the opening drive but they pretty much clamped back down and kept them quiet even after having to limit a 9 minute drive to just a FG.

The D gave up 17 points and that would've been enough to win... Brees gave up 14 points and that cost us the game, not the D.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with you Brees (and Carmichael) cost us the game, but I just wish our D could do a few things.

For example, there were times when we either got pressure or flushed CK out of the pocket, but we didn't register the sack. I really wished we could finish those kinds of plays. It would have made a big difference.

Or the times when we were rushing four on 3rd down and dropping the rest into coverage, yet Delanie Walker had 2 20+ yard conversions.

Our D has improved and Brees absolutely cost us the game, but I really wished they did a few things more. If that makes sense.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers are too physical of a team for the Saints. The Black & Gold got Black & Blue for trying to be too cute. That is all.

On to the next one. Hopefully after this one I can talk. Laughing
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
49ers are too physical of a team for the Saints.

I was embarrassed, there were times that our offense just looked scared.

I said it earlier too, our team was bullied. The 49ers defense was just too damn mean.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass, the strange thing about it is that we quit running. We actually had success early. I really didn't notice their pass-rush in the first half. I'm a crazy cat so I think that slowed them down a bit. Our OL just proved they can't handle power fronts too well.

What is up with PT23? Is the coaching staff trying to get rid of him after the season? Less Ingram and more PT and Ivory. One thing that is clear is that one of them has to be traded in the offseason (PT, Ingram or Ivory). As of right now, it looks like Thomas. Underrated is and understatement. Underappreciated is what he is! Laughing
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:

What is up with PT23? Is the coaching staff trying to get rid of him after the season? Less Ingram and more PT and Ivory. One thing that is clear is that one of them has to be traded in the offseason (PT, Ingram or Ivory). As of right now, it looks like Thomas. Underrated is and understatement. Underappreciated is what he is! Laughing

I've been wondering this same thing. Where's PT23? I don't understand it, at all. Ingram needs to go in my opinion. He has 0 burst, and if you can't drive a truck thru the hole, he's screwed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
tylerdouglass, the strange thing about it is that we quit running. We actually had success early. I really didn't notice their pass-rush in the first half. I'm a crazy cat so I think that slowed them down a bit. Our OL just proved they can't handle power fronts too well.

The Falcons would love to take Thomas from you! However that would never happen. Sad Still, it would be awesome to have him though.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: