Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PIAA Playoffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: PIAA Playoffs Reply with quote

Anybody following? I'm watching the WPIAL Championships on TV right now. Clairton and Aliquippa look nearly unbeatable. West Allegheny is looking real good. I'm from District 10 land, so I'll be watching our #1 ranked Prep Ramblers take on West Allegheny next week, should be a great game! The High School football playoffs are by FAR my favorite time of any football season, and right up there with High School wrestling postseason!

Go Noles!
steelerfreak76

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you said Clairton and Aliquippa do look unbeatable. Clairton is ridiculously good, 60 straight games in any division is just insane. Clairton is averaging over 47 ppg. and only giving up 7 ppg. Aliquippa topped that by averaging over 50 ppg. while only giving up 49 points all year (3.8 ppg).

I think of the 4 teams coming out of district 7, West Allegheny has the most difficult road to Hershey. They have to play #5 Cathedral Prep (overall state ranking) in the next round. Than if they somehow win that, they'll have to face #7 Bishop McDevitt, just to get to Hershey.

North Allegheny is a very experienced team that could have a chance, especially with Leftwich at QB. But I just see them stumbling somewhere en route to Hershey.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two teams I thought might have a shot at beating Clairton both lost last night, that was West Middlesex and Southern Columbia. I guess we can't count out Dunmore, but I think Clairton rolls through the brackets with relative ease, as does Aliquippa.

A Prep vs McDevitt western final would be a great game, but I just hope Prep isn't overlooking WA. They looked impressive last night.

Go Noles!
grubs10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: PIAA Playoffs Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
Anybody following? I'm watching the WPIAL Championships on TV right now. Clairton and Aliquippa look nearly unbeatable. West Allegheny is looking real good. I'm from District 10 land, so I'll be watching our #1 ranked Prep Ramblers take on West Allegheny next week, should be a great game! The High School football playoffs are by FAR my favorite time of any football season, and right up there with High School wrestling postseason!
I am from district ten too! Didn't realize there was anyone else from the area on here. Although I can't stand Prep. Graduated from McDowell in 09.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

District 7!!! WPIAL!!!

Clairton has dominated forever!

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: PIAA Playoffs Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
KJtheWicked wrote:
I am from district ten too! Didn't realize there was anyone else from the area on here. Although I can't stand Prep. Graduated from McDowell in 09.

Lol! I'm a little south of you in the county between Erie and Mercer that everyone forgets about! Lol! I'm not a Prep fan either, but i'm always pulling for whatever teams we send to the state playoffs. The next 3 weeks should be interesting, especially in AAA

Go Noles!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: