Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Newest 7 round Mock (No Trades) 11/23/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So so Eagles draft

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Bengals don't need 2 safeties that early. I would go with Chase Thomas and Okefor in the 2nd. That would give us some real good talent on all levels of the defense. The rest of the draft is solid

Both starting Safeties stink for the Bengals. I say this as a guy who lives just outside Cincinnati and am forced to watch them play ever week. Getting a pair of elite Safeties in this draft will go a long way, to improving the team. If I were them, I would spend all my draft picks on LB's, Safeties and a Nickleback (assuming Kirkpatrick takes a starting CB position.)

Reggie Nelson isn't bad and was just signed to a multi-year deal. 2 safeties is overkill.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Vikings draft, I'm not sure that they'd go CB that early or that they would go QB at all. They probably would grab another WR as well.

DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Lions draft.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Why would we draft jarvis jones? Especially with his questionable health.

I think we would take Luke there.

Questionable health? Jones is playing today, so he must be fine. Jones is the best available player and it's not even close. He is a monster who immediately makes your defense better. You just don't pass on those types of players.

Joeckel is not an elite OT. He just happens to be the best of a very poor class. Do you want to draft a so-so player, because it's an immediate need or take an elite player, because he's available? I'd do the latter. In reality, you'd probably trade down, but I don't do trades.

Questionable health as in an incurable condition which is the same thing Marcus McNeill has.

Anyway, where would Jones play? He's a 34 rush LB, which as of yet, we're not playing.

In the end, Joeckel is the best player in the draft and the Eagles will not pass him up if we get a chance to draft him

Whereas McNeil faces contact on every play as a blocker, Jones would not have the same wear and tear as an OLB. It hasn't effected him this year, so I don't see a problem.

Jones is not just a 3-4 OLB. I see him as a SLB in your system. Von Miller was a 3-4 OLB in college and he made the seamless transition to a 4-3 scheme. I see Jones as the same type of player.

Joeckel is a slightly above average OT in the NFL, at best. This is a very weak OT class. That is nothing worth spending that high of a pick on. You can get almost the same type of OT, later in the draft.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
The 6th round pick from the Dolphins trade is conditional, based off of playing time. Seeing as how Vontae has missed most of the year, it looks to be ours still.

Where is Matt Elam? He is by far the best safety in this class, I can't see him staying.

The Colts draft is pretty good.

Sorry, but I think Elam stays, until I am notified otherwise.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Bengals don't need 2 safeties that early. I would go with Chase Thomas and Okefor in the 2nd. That would give us some real good talent on all levels of the defense. The rest of the draft is solid

Both starting Safeties stink for the Bengals. I say this as a guy who lives just outside Cincinnati and am forced to watch them play ever week. Getting a pair of elite Safeties in this draft will go a long way, to improving the team. If I were them, I would spend all my draft picks on LB's, Safeties and a Nickleback (assuming Kirkpatrick takes a starting CB position.)

Reggie Nelson isn't bad and was just signed to a multi-year deal. 2 safeties is overkill.

Reggie Nelson is a below average Safety who plays with no control. If you stick with him as a starter, you're never gonna reach the "next level". Why stick with mediocrity? My best friend is a huge Bengals fan with season tickets. We talk all the time about how bad the Bengals entire secondary stinks with Hall injured and when Kirkpatrick was out, because they didn't even have any decent Safeties, to pick up the slack.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Solid Vikings draft, I'm not sure that they'd go CB that early or that they would go QB at all. They probably would grab another WR as well.

While I agree about CB going too early, I didn't see a DT or a SS worth that high of a pick. I just saw CB as the best available player of need. I think Hawthorne could immediately fill the Nickleback role.
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, awesome job with the 7 rounder!

Ok, for your selections:

Quote:
10. Miami- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

Sounds good to me, certainly a position of need.

Quote:
43. Miami- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

Quote:
53. Miami (Via Indianapolis)- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

Quite possibly a position of need. If he can take the job away from Chris Clemons, then this is a good pick. If not, I would have to go OLC or CB

Quote:
76. Miami- Travis Bond, OG, North Carolina

Quote:
88. Miami (Via Chicago)- John Simon, DE, Ohio State

This sounds excellent to me! A position of need, AND how did you know I'm a buckeye fan? haha

Quote:
104. Miami- Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan State

Sounds good to me, our corners have been a little bit of a letdown.

Quote:
137. Miami- Manase Foketi, OT, West Texas A&M

If we draft a OT, he needs to be able to beat Jonathon MArtin for the RT spot or take over for Jake Long if he doesn't get re-signed. Depth I would not say is an issue. I'd love to have Jake Stoneburner here for another receiving TE.

Quote:
181. Miami (Via Indianapolis)- Sio Moore, OLB, UConn.

I have no problem with this

Quote:
203. Miami- Jamarkus McFarland, DT, Oklahoma

If we bring back Randy Starks, then DT will be our deepest position of strength. I like drafting a low round QB for developmental purposes and we could use depth behind Tannehill whenever Matt Moore leaves to go hunt down a starting gig, so please consider Ryan Nassib here.

Quote:
206. Miami (Via Dallas)- Russell Shepard, WR, LSU
Find by me as long as he can catch the ball.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Newest 7 round Mock (No Trades) 11/23/12 Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

2. Jacksonville- Matt Barkley, QB, USC

33. Jacksonville- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

66. Jacksonville- Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State

97. Jacksonville- Jeff Baca, OG, UCLA

130. Jacksonville- Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State

161. Jacksonville- Oscar Johnson, OT, La. Tech

194. Jacksonville- Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin

1. No, never, awful. Matt Barkley isn't first round talent, and he sure as hell isn't top 2 talent. Would be an insane overdraft
2. Good with me.
3. I like Wheaton a lot, though I'm not sure he'll be available there. I'd like to go D there, but Wheaton is a steal in round 3.
4, 5, 6. Don't know much about the players, but the positions are positions of need.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Newest 7 round Mock (No Trades) 11/23/12 Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

1. No, never, awful. Matt Barkley isn't first round talent, and he sure as hell isn't top 2 talent. Would be an insane overdraft
2. Good with me.
3. I like Wheaton a lot, though I'm not sure he'll be available there. I'd like to go D there, but Wheaton is a steal in round 3.
4, 5, 6. Don't know much about the players, but the positions are positions of need.

The problem with the Jaguars is that they desperately need a QB and their options are limited. This is a poor QB class. Geno Smith will be gone and even though Barkley isn't ideal, the dropoff after him is HUGE. Unless you trade for a QB like Matt Flynn, Barkley is your best option at a significant upgrade and he's definitely not making it out of the top 15 picks. The demand for QB's is too big. The Eagles, Jets or Cardinals would punce all over Barkley, if you passed on him. Some team is gonna reach for him and other teams will majorly reach for a few other QB's. That is the value of a QB, in today's NFL.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Newest 7 round Mock (No Trades) 11/23/12 Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

2. Good with me.

The problem with the Jaguars is that they desperately need a QB and their options are limited. This is a poor QB class. Geno Smith will be gone and even though Barkley isn't ideal, the dropoff after him is HUGE. Unless you trade for a QB like Matt Flynn, Barkley is your best option at a significant upgrade and he's definitely not making it out of the top 15 picks. The demand for QB's is too big. The Eagles, Jets or Cardinals would punce all over Barkley, if you passed on him. Some team is gonna reach for him and other teams will majorly reach for a few other QB's. That is the value of a QB, in today's NFL.

I'd rather have Glennon or Wilson than Barkley.
But I doubt we address QB in round 1 anyway.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Questionable health? Jones is playing today, so he must be fine. Jones is the best available player and it's not even close. He is a monster who immediately makes your defense better. You just don't pass on those types of players.

Joeckel is not an elite OT. He just happens to be the best of a very poor class. Do you want to draft a so-so player, because it's an immediate need or take an elite player, because he's available? I'd do the latter. In reality, you'd probably trade down, but I don't do trades.

Questionable health as in an incurable condition which is the same thing Marcus McNeill has.

Anyway, where would Jones play? He's a 34 rush LB, which as of yet, we're not playing.

In the end, Joeckel is the best player in the draft and the Eagles will not pass him up if we get a chance to draft him

Whereas McNeil faces contact on every play as a blocker, Jones would not have the same wear and tear as an OLB. It hasn't effected him this year, so I don't see a problem.

Jones is not just a 3-4 OLB. I see him as a SLB in your system. Von Miller was a 3-4 OLB in college and he made the seamless transition to a 4-3 scheme. I see Jones as the same type of player.

Joeckel is a slightly above average OT in the NFL, at best. This is a very weak OT class. That is nothing worth spending that high of a pick on. You can get almost the same type of OT, later in the draft.

Sam linebacker in the defense we run cover tight ends. Why would we draft jones to do that>?

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest 7 round Mock (No Trades) 11/23/12 Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

2. Good with me.

I'd rather have Glennon or Wilson than Barkley.
But I doubt we address QB in round 1 anyway.

Personally, Glennon throws way too many picks for my taste and I believe Wilson is gonna be a flop. He's the most overrated QB in the draft and one of the 10 most overrated players in the draft, as far as I'm concerned. As far as the Jags passing on a QB in round 1, I just can't see it. It is likely you guys will get a new coach and those guys like to get a new starting QB in place, right away. Blaine Gabbert is so bad, I just can't see them waiting, but we shall see.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Sam linebacker in the defense we run cover tight ends. Why would we draft jones to do that>?

LOL. You don't know what kind of defense you'll run next year. Andy Reid is a goner and we'll have to see who the new coach is and what style of defense he wants to implement. Alot of 4-3 teams use the SLB to rush the passer. We'll just have to wait and see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: