Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you like to see done this off season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8654
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Sign/draft 10,000 cornerbacks.


Still wont improve our pass rush.


Ever heard of coverage sacks


Yeah but good/great qbs will pick any secondary apart if they get very limited pressure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LazyBoyFil


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1395
Location: Bradenton,FL
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Sign/draft 10,000 cornerbacks.


Still wont improve our pass rush.


Ever heard of coverage sacks


Yeah but good/great qbs will pick any secondary apart if they get very limited pressure.


Good corners would would most likely another second or two that the QB has to hold on to the ball

That extra second can mean all the difference for our guys to get the sack
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CHOMP_CHOMP


Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 3490
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Sign/draft 10,000 cornerbacks.


Still wont improve our pass rush.


Yes, but that will improve when Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers get healthy. Clayborn, Bennett, Bowers and Teo'Nesiheimefah is a respectable group.


This is what i have been saying. Lets say we do resign Bennett. Then we 4 respectable pass-rushers. Do we really invest another 1st or 2nd round pick to the pass-rush? I mean i agree a dominate force would help, but do you think we will be able to land a dominate pass rusher in the middle of the first round?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8654
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Pass rushers... pass rushers everywhere.

That's what I wanna see.


100% agree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4240
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Sign/draft 10,000 cornerbacks.


Still wont improve our pass rush.


Ever heard of coverage sacks


Yeah but good/great qbs will pick any secondary apart if they get very limited pressure.


I agree. The problem is two-fold. We are outright last in pass defense, and it's because of our coverage as well as our lack of pressure.

We miss Clayborn a lot, but it seems we're still missing someone to add pressure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3119
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Sign/draft 10,000 cornerbacks.


Still wont improve our pass rush.


Yes, but that will improve when Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers get healthy. Clayborn, Bennett, Bowers and Teo'Nesiheimefah is a respectable group.


This is what i have been saying. Lets say we do resign Bennett. Then we 4 respectable pass-rushers. Do we really invest another 1st or 2nd round pick to the pass-rush? I mean i agree a dominate force would help, but do you think we will be able to land a dominate pass rusher in the middle of the first round?


Yes, I think pass rushers can be found in the middle of the first round. JPP, Bruce Irvin, Uemanyiora (2nd round) to name a few over the recent drafts. I think they can be found.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1972
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Pass rushers... pass rushers everywhere.

That's what I wanna see.


100% agree.
I wouldn't be mad if Tampa drafted Star or Hankins in the first round. Roy Miller has been good this year but offers next to nothing in the pass rush department.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3119
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Pass rushers... pass rushers everywhere.

That's what I wanna see.


100% agree.
I wouldn't be mad if Tampa drafted Star or Hankins in the first round. Roy Miller has been good this year but offers next to nothing in the pass rush department.


I wouldn't be suprised to see the Bucs trade up for a player in the first round. They have the extra 4th, should be able to move a up few spots.

I really want a cagey vet at CB during free agency. An older guy knows some of the tricks that won't get called. I remember Jammer against Mike Williams in the first half two weeks ago, slightly grab his arm on a deep pass in the first round and not get called. I just think they need more experience at CB not necessarily locked into draftin a CB in the first round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadabuccaneer


Joined: 20 Jan 2010
Posts: 889
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB's - At least one vet, Jenkins as an example and a good prospect like Rhodes would be phenominal

DE's - with everyone healthy, it could be a decent group but I would still like a pure pass rusher

Followed by:
Slot receiver
FS
KR/PR
_________________


#EmbraceTheSuck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottonatable


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1141
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Agency would love a CB FS and DT
DRAFT
1st - CB
2nd - DE
3rd - TE
4th - DE


THAT WOULD BE A DREAM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group