Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you like to see done this off season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need another DLineman. Preferably another DE. You can never have enough DLineman IMO. A good DL can help hide a bad secondary much more than a good secondary hides a bad DL. Draft a stud DE and maybe a couple CB's in the later rounds.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
We need another DLineman. Preferably another DE. You can never have enough DLineman IMO. A good DL can help hide a bad secondary much more than a good secondary hides a bad DL. Draft a stud DE and maybe a couple CB's in the later rounds.

100% agree. I mean look at NYG. Perfect example. And San fransisco is another example, not that they're secondary is that horrible I just think its that good because their front 7 is elite
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I don't expect near the activity in free agency as last year. I have little doubt Michael Bennett will be resigned long-term or franchised. Freeman will get a contract extension. I expect Black if he can return to be restructed. I'm pretty sure Roy Miller will be resigned to a multi-year deal, I think he is an effective rotation player at NT. I expect Joseph to be back, but I don't think it is automatic. His cap hit is pretty high. He is coming off a really tough injury and they're paying a lot of money to Nicks too. Also, Meredith has played really well at RG. If they wanted to free up money to upgrade in a big way in other areas, Joseph might not be back. I don't have a problem if Dallas Clark gets resigned. I think he brings much needed leadership to the locker room and still is effective.

I would like to see the team add talent at interior d-line and CB thru free agency.
I don't see us getting rid of Joseph anytime soon. I know we could dump him for Meredith and save cap space but Joseph would get picked up almost on sight. I think we could possibly trade him in the off-season for a pick maybe.

I'm with the defensive line talk. Hell the Eagles have Babin, Graham, Cole, Jenkins, and they drafted Curry in the 2nd round last year. If we can get a good value pass rusher, early, count me in...Its much harder to find good CB's than it is a good pass rusher.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I don't expect near the activity in free agency as last year. I have little doubt Michael Bennett will be resigned long-term or franchised. Freeman will get a contract extension. I expect Black if he can return to be restructed. I'm pretty sure Roy Miller will be resigned to a multi-year deal, I think he is an effective rotation player at NT. I expect Joseph to be back, but I don't think it is automatic. His cap hit is pretty high. He is coming off a really tough injury and they're paying a lot of money to Nicks too. Also, Meredith has played really well at RG. If they wanted to free up money to upgrade in a big way in other areas, Joseph might not be back. I don't have a problem if Dallas Clark gets resigned. I think he brings much needed leadership to the locker room and still is effective.

I would like to see the team add talent at interior d-line and CB thru free agency.
I don't see us getting rid of Joseph anytime soon. I know we could dump him for Meredith and save cap space but Joseph would get picked up almost on sight. I think we could possibly trade him in the off-season for a pick maybe.

I'm with the defensive line talk. Hell the Eagles have Babin, Graham, Cole, Jenkins, and they drafted Curry in the 2nd round last year. If we can get a good value pass rusher, early, count me in...Its much harder to find good CB's than it is a good pass rusher.

Agree on Joseph, the club is in good cap shape for next year. However, with Freeman's extension (which is going to be high), Williams will need to be reupped within 2 years, I just don't see a major signing in free agency this year. However, I think this regime is smart enough to find talented players who won't necessarily carry a high cap hit.

As for the draft, considering the Bucs will probably be drafting in the back half of the first round, I think there could be some intriguing d-line prospects in the first round. I like the idea of stockpiling d-line, even if the player is just a situational pass rusher. Seattle did a great job of drafting Bruce Irvin last year, who pretty much is just a pass rusher. 7.0 sacks already this year.

I haven't followed the draft yet, but players like Dion Jordan, Sheldon Richardson, Alex Okafor, and Ezekiel Ansah might have value because they might not be every down lineman, but if they can be superior pass rushers they would be invaluable additions to the team.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy we finally have a clear direction in terms of the draft. Last year we were so bad it seemed we just needed everything, now we know that we need to focus mainly on pass defense. makes everything a little easier.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to grab atleast 2 corners that can help us next year, but we shouldn't be forced into drafting a CB because of need and should keep our options open. I trust Dom to do a solid job like always.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
We need to grab atleast 2 corners that can help us next year, but we shouldn't be forced into drafting a CB because of need and should keep our options open. I trust Dom to do a solid job like always.

I agree, and I'm a big advocate of drafting BPA over need. (That's how you end up with Gaines Adams over Adrian Peterson). In our case, however, our corners are basically single-handedly losing us games. If we had better corners, we could easily be sitting at 8-2 right now. If by some divine miracle a guy like Star Lotulelei falls we have to make that pick, but if we're picking around the middle of the 1st round, we have to take the best corner available.

Walterfootball currently has us doubling up on corners in rounds 1 and 2, and while I don't necessarily agree with taking 2 in the first 2 rounds, we will probably take more than one over the course of the draft. It's not just a need, it's an urgent, glaring need. I mean, we're excited for Gaitor's return. You know, the same Anthony Gaitor who has done nothing in the NFL. We need help bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

I agree, and I'm a big advocate of drafting BPA over need. (That's how you end up with Gaines Adams over Adrian Peterson). In our case, however, our corners are basically single-handedly losing us games. If we had better corners, we could easily be sitting at 8-2 right now. If by some divine miracle a guy like Star Lotulelei falls we have to make that pick, but if we're picking around the middle of the 1st round, we have to take the best corner available.

Walterfootball currently has us doubling up on corners in rounds 1 and 2, and while I don't necessarily agree with taking 2 in the first 2 rounds, we will probably take more than one over the course of the draft. It's not just a need, it's an urgent, glaring need. I mean, we're excited for Gaitor's return. You know, the same Anthony Gaitor who has done nothing in the NFL. We need help bad.

Agreed corner is a desperate need for us. Dom has showed the ability to mix value for needs ex: Clayborn and Bowers (too bad injuries have slowed both), McCoy and Price (bizarre incidents have ruined Price, but the value was their on draft day), Lavonte in the second, Mike Williams in the 4th; so I'm positive we'll pick a good corner in the 1st & see there is easily above a 90% we go corner in the first round, but we shouldn't double up at corner the first two rounds if it isn't there. Now would I love to grab to good corners early in the draft as much as the next guy? Yeah, but a fast slot wr, TE, or a passrusher wouldn't hurt either.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

Agreed corner is a desperate need for us. Dom has showed the ability to mix value for needs ex: Clayborn and Bowers (too bad injuries have slowed both), McCoy and Price (bizarre incidents have ruined Price, but the value was their on draft day), Lavonte in the second, Mike Williams in the 4th; so I'm positive we'll pick a good corner in the 1st & see there is easily above a 90% we go corner in the first round, but we shouldn't double up at corner the first two rounds if it isn't there. Now would I love to grab to good corners early in the draft as much as the next guy? Yeah, but a fast slot wr, TE, or a passrusher wouldn't hurt either.
I wouldn't double up on corners at all. 2 rookie CB's aren't going to save face of this horrible secondary. We need to get a vet in here that knows how to play the position. And then slowly groom the rookie CB along with him. We should be fine with 1 in the draft and then sign someone out in the market.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:

I wouldn't double up on corners at all. 2 rookie CB's aren't going to save face of this horrible secondary. We need to get a vet in here that knows how to play the position. And then slowly groom the rookie CB along with him. We should be fine with 1 in the draft and then sign someone out in the market.

An ideal situation in my IMO would be: a first or second rounder CB, a vet in FA, and then maybe a late rounder.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign/draft 10,000 cornerbacks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Still wont improve our pass rush.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Yes, but that will improve when Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers get healthy. Clayborn, Bennett, Bowers and Teo'Nesiheimefah is a respectable group.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass rushers... pass rushers everywhere.

That's what I wanna see.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Ever heard of coverage sacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: