Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bryce brown thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Meco


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2557
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
I hope Polk heals up so he can get a few carries instead of Dion


Dion Lewis has been playing well. In the pre-season he was dancing a little bit but si far he's done a good job of getting upfield, keeping his balance and making subtle moves in tight quarters. He's averaging 5.4 yards per carry so far.

We really do have 4 good RBs IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48325
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what's being lost in all of this is how much better our line seems to be blocking lately.

As soon as the fireman went out.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Meco


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2557
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to find ways to get both of these guys touches. Bryce Brown and LeSean McCoy are the two biggest playmakers on this team. I think we need to start splitting LeSean McCoy out wide ala Brian Westbrook and I think we should put Bryce Brown back on kickoff returns ala early career Maurice Jones-Drew. They both need as many touches as possible.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LOLKevinKolb


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 9230
Location: YOLO
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:
I hope Polk heals up so he can get a few carries instead of Dion


Dion Lewis has been playing well. In the pre-season he was dancing a little bit but si far he's done a good job of getting upfield, keeping his balance and making subtle moves in tight quarters. He's averaging 5.4 yards per carry so far.

We really do have 4 good RBs IMO.

Dion's okay but he's a terrible blocker and won't make the roster next season (shouldn't have made the roster this season)
_________________

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 32359
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I think what's being lost in all of this is how much better our line seems to be blocking lately.

As soon as the fireman went out.



Also Kelly gets better every week and Scott has been good.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LOLKevinKolb


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 9230
Location: YOLO
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm surprised how good Scott has been. He was abysmal last year; then again, he was playing next to Eugene Amano
_________________

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6855
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott and Polk deserve to be around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34435
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:
I hope Polk heals up so he can get a few carries instead of Dion


Dion Lewis has been playing well. In the pre-season he was dancing a little bit but si far he's done a good job of getting upfield, keeping his balance and making subtle moves in tight quarters. He's averaging 5.4 yards per carry so far.

We really do have 4 good RBs IMO.


Sadle none of Them is good on ST Crying or Very sad
_________________

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bleedin_Green36


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 12630
Location: Largo, FL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
We really need to find ways to get both of these guys touches. Bryce Brown and LeSean McCoy are the two biggest playmakers on this team. I think we need to start splitting LeSean McCoy out wide ala Brian Westbrook and I think we should put Bryce Brown back on kickoff returns ala early career Maurice Jones-Drew. They both need as many touches as possible.


Wasn't he our returner for the beginning of the season? He sucked. I wonder if it's our returners or whatever the hell our blockers do that is different than the rest of league. I don't understand why we can never have more than a handle of good returns a season, and by good I mean like 30 yard line and beyond.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48325
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Jake Scott is back.
He wasn't even on an NFL team for the most part of this year. He only came out for the Eagles because of Howard Mudd.

Now that Mudd is retiring, and the team might go into rebuilding...
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21047
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I doubt Jake Scott is back.
He wasn't even on an NFL team for the most part of this year. He only came out for the Eagles because of Howard Mudd.

Now that Mudd is retiring, and the team might go into rebuilding...


And they most likely paid him a bomb to play
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14529
Location: Sig by Eagles_808
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Meco wrote:
We really need to find ways to get both of these guys touches. Bryce Brown and LeSean McCoy are the two biggest playmakers on this team. I think we need to start splitting LeSean McCoy out wide ala Brian Westbrook and I think we should put Bryce Brown back on kickoff returns ala early career Maurice Jones-Drew. They both need as many touches as possible.


Wasn't he our returner for the beginning of the season? He sucked. I wonder if it's our returners or whatever the hell our blockers do that is different than the rest of league. I don't understand why we can never have more than a handle of good returns a season, and by good I mean like 30 yard line and beyond.


Boykin has been our kickoff returner all season.
_________________

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34435
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryce Brown was KR in one game
_________________

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21047
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2012/REG/13?module=HP11_content_stream_voting_pepsi

Vote Bryce Brown as rookie of the week
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Withmy89vision


Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 3595
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
I know its early and Bryce is fumbling, but I would definitely lean towards giving Bryce the bigger amount of carries. Because he of his size, decisiveness, and better speed. He is just more talented and I cannot believe I'm saying this, because McCoy is a Top 3 RB.

I've been bumping this bandwagon since TC and it's not stoping anytime soon.


I disagree, you use Shady in the first three quarters as the guy toting the rock, make defenses chase him sideline to sideline, then pound them when they are tired with Bryce. Plus the fumbling issues and the money. Shady is better in space and as a receiver.


Shady is best in the 4th quarter, he usually does nothing the first half then has a nice few breaks in the 3rd quarter, then in the 4th finishes it off. I would say do the opposite, except use Shady on 3rd downs the vast majority of the time regardless of time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group