Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bryce brown thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
philyeagles3


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 3556
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
I know its early and Bryce is fumbling, but I would definitely lean towards giving Bryce the bigger amount of carries. Because he of his size, decisiveness, and better speed. He is just more talented and I cannot believe I'm saying this, because McCoy is a Top 3 RB.

I've been bumping this bandwagon since TC and it's not stoping anytime soon.


I disagree, you use Shady in the first three quarters as the guy toting the rock, make defenses chase him sideline to sideline, then pound them when they are tired with Bryce. Plus the fumbling issues and the money. Shady is better in space and as a receiver.


Who says the can't chase Brown sideline to sideline. Alright I'll be straight this probably works either way and I would rather just see them both get 20 carries each. PA passes 5 times a game. Cant lose. Many ways you can feature these guys.
_________________
Meow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Shady 15-18 rushes per game, give Brown 10-12 rushes per game. Pass the ball 15-20 times per game (including 3-5 Play Action attempts).

Simple.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 51161
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put them both on the same field.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philyeagles3


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 3556
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Give Shady 15-18 rushes per game, give Brown 10-12 rushes per game. Pass the ball 15-20 times per game (including 3-5 Play Action attempts).

Simple.


The Alex Smith or young Eli Manning offense.
_________________
Meow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14566
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philyeagles3 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
I know its early and Bryce is fumbling, but I would definitely lean towards giving Bryce the bigger amount of carries. Because he of his size, decisiveness, and better speed. He is just more talented and I cannot believe I'm saying this, because McCoy is a Top 3 RB.

I've been bumping this bandwagon since TC and it's not stoping anytime soon.


I disagree, you use Shady in the first three quarters as the guy toting the rock, make defenses chase him sideline to sideline, then pound them when they are tired with Bryce. Plus the fumbling issues and the money. Shady is better in space and as a receiver.


Who says the can't chase Brown sideline to sideline. Alright I'll be straight this probably works either way and I would rather just see them both get 20 carries each. PA passes 5 times a game. Cant lose. Many ways you can feature these guys.


I'm not saying that, but Shady's shiftiness will get defenders grabbing at air and get them tired in the first 3 quarters, then you punish them while they're tired with Bryce.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Meco


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2631
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
I know its early and Bryce is fumbling, but I would definitely lean towards giving Bryce the bigger amount of carries. Because he of his size, decisiveness, and better speed. He is just more talented and I cannot believe I'm saying this, because McCoy is a Top 3 RB.

I've been bumping this bandwagon since TC and it's not stoping anytime soon.


I disagree, you use Shady in the first three quarters as the guy toting the rock, make defenses chase him sideline to sideline, then pound them when they are tired with Bryce. Plus the fumbling issues and the money. Shady is better in space and as a receiver.


Who says the can't chase Brown sideline to sideline. Alright I'll be straight this probably works either way and I would rather just see them both get 20 carries each. PA passes 5 times a game. Cant lose. Many ways you can feature these guys.


I'm not saying that, but Shady's shiftiness will get defenders grabbing at air and get them tired in the first 3 quarters, then you punish them while they're tired with Bryce.


Or you can punish them with Bryce Brown and make them tired and then in the 4th quarter have them chase LeSean McCoy around. It works either way. I'm so excited. /Happydance
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14566
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
I know its early and Bryce is fumbling, but I would definitely lean towards giving Bryce the bigger amount of carries. Because he of his size, decisiveness, and better speed. He is just more talented and I cannot believe I'm saying this, because McCoy is a Top 3 RB.

I've been bumping this bandwagon since TC and it's not stoping anytime soon.


I disagree, you use Shady in the first three quarters as the guy toting the rock, make defenses chase him sideline to sideline, then pound them when they are tired with Bryce. Plus the fumbling issues and the money. Shady is better in space and as a receiver.


Who says the can't chase Brown sideline to sideline. Alright I'll be straight this probably works either way and I would rather just see them both get 20 carries each. PA passes 5 times a game. Cant lose. Many ways you can feature these guys.


I'm not saying that, but Shady's shiftiness will get defenders grabbing at air and get them tired in the first 3 quarters, then you punish them while they're tired with Bryce.


Or you can punish them with Bryce Brown and make them tired and then in the 4th quarter have them chase LeSean McCoy around. It works either way. I'm so excited. /Happydance


Yeah, I guess it depends on who you're playing. If its a team with a fast defense then give Brown the early carries, and a slow plodding defense give McCoy the early carries.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 44353
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could do the wildcat Laughing Laughing
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RBrown86


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 22758
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
We could do the wildcat Laughing Laughing


Screw getting a QB, McCoy can be it, he'll line up under center too Laughing
_________________

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2253
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started Brown this week in fantasy an really want to leave him in for the playoffs next week.. how do you guys feel he will produce next week an will LeSean be back?
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 22767
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
I started Brown this week in fantasy an really want to leave him in for the playoffs next week.. how do you guys feel he will produce next week an will LeSean be back?

My bet is that Lesean.....

"will have yet to be cleared."


No reason to throw Lesean back in. I imagine they'll leave the young guys in for the rest of the season. I have Bryce Brown in my league and I'll definitely be starting him in the playoffs.

I take back what I said about Brown last week. If this guy gets his ball security under control, he's going to be nasty. I'm excited thinking about the type of running attack we'll have next year with everyone healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 51161
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
I started Brown this week in fantasy an really want to leave him in for the playoffs next week.. how do you guys feel he will produce next week an will LeSean be back?


I think Brown will in all likelihood play next week, as the starter.

I think they will shut Lesean down to prevent any disasters.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 35161
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah we are in a position to give mccoy all the time he wants to heal up. No reason to rush him back for nothing.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LOLKevinKolb


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 10635
Location: YOLO
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Polk heals up so he can get a few carries instead of Dion
_________________

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 44353
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really want to see Polk play
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group