Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh's Kick--How does the team respond?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
carlande


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1411
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8008
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carlande


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1411
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8008
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carlande


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1411
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8008
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.


So any accusation, no matter how baseless, is a mark on someone's character? I would hate to live in the world you live in.

Roddy White said Suh was kicking Matt Ryan's injured foot while Ryan was down on the ground. Video proved that story to be 100% made up, but I guess that's a mark on Suh's character regaurdless.

Didn't realize we joined this forum to talk about other people's opinions and not our own, sorry.
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionFanRoxy


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1034
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.

Bullocks. All it shows is a whiny clown trying to bandwagon. Without any evidence, its nothing more than heresy.

A lie becomes truth only if YOU chose to believe it.

And if an NFL player is concerned with what other players think of him, then get out of the NFL. They're not in the game to make friends. They're in it to win.

Dear God what a bunch of girls some NFL players have become. Alex Karras is rolling over in his grave.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionFanRoxy


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1034
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.


So any accusation, no matter how baseless, is a mark on someone's character? I would hate to live in the world you live in.

Roddy White said Suh was kicking Matt Ryan's injured foot while Ryan was down on the ground. Video proved that story to be 100% made up, but I guess that's a mark on Suh's character regaurdless.

Didn't realize we joined this forum to talk about other people's opinions and not our own, sorry.



Preach it. If its a mark on anyone's character, its Roddy White's for lying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bears2308


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 2431
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What possible reason could players have to "make up" stories about Suh? Does it make their players uninjured? Sillyness. The guy is very talented but maturity is an obvious issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 23842
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
What possible reason could players have to "make up" stories about Suh? Does it make their players uninjured? Sillyness. The guy is very talented but maturity is an obvious issue.
Ask Roddy White. He was proven to have made it up. There must be a reason and, all with the hate towards Suh, he has 1 penalty (encroachment), but he gets held every play, blatant holding too, hands to the face, whatever the OL wants, and this started after Suh got the rep, maybe the it's to get the refs against him?
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Eric Ebron



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bears2308


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 2431
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
What possible reason could players have to "make up" stories about Suh? Does it make their players uninjured? Sillyness. The guy is very talented but maturity is an obvious issue.
Ask Roddy White. He was proven to have made it up. There must be a reason and, all with the hate towards Suh, he has 1 penalty (encroachment), but he gets held every play, blatant holding too, hands to the face, whatever the OL wants, and this started after Suh got the rep, maybe the it's to get the refs against him?


The game was over in both situations so I'm not sure how that'd help? Being dirty doesn't coincide with a high amount of penalties.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19134
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
What possible reason could players have to "make up" stories about Suh? Does it make their players uninjured? Sillyness. The guy is very talented but maturity is an obvious issue.


I think it's misinterpretation. Notice it was on a play when he got a hit on a QB and we got an interception. Who wouldn't be celebrating. I doubt he was standing over a guy on the ground laughing that he wasn't getting up. If he was, there would be proof. As I said last page, usually when there is a big hit, the whole team jumps and pats the guy on the back. If the guy he hits is still down a minutes later they change their tune.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
What possible reason could players have to "make up" stories about Suh? Does it make their players uninjured? Sillyness. The guy is very talented but maturity is an obvious issue.


I think it's misinterpretation. Notice it was on a play when he got a hit on a QB and we got an interception. Who wouldn't be celebrating. I doubt he was standing over a guy on the ground laughing that he wasn't getting up. If he was, there would be proof. As I said last page, usually when there is a big hit, the whole team jumps and pats the guy on the back. If the guy he hits is still down a minutes later they change their tune.
I agree with this. Suh is prejudged, so everything he does is easily taken out of context.......except his blatant disregard of traffic law. He needs to hire a driver.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49276
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
What possible reason could players have to "make up" stories about Suh? Does it make their players uninjured? Sillyness. The guy is very talented but maturity is an obvious issue.




Roddy White was lying and it was proven.

Haters gonna hate

Next
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carlande


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1411
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.

Bullocks. All it shows is a whiny clown trying to bandwagon. Without any evidence, its nothing more than heresy.

A lie becomes truth only if YOU chose to believe it.

And if an NFL player is concerned with what other players think of him, then get out of the NFL. They're not in the game to make friends. They're in it to win.

Dear God what a bunch of girls some NFL players have become. Alex Karras is rolling over in his grave.


"Bollocks" Your opinion (you believe what you believe). Not the players opinion.

"A lie becomes truth only if [I choose] to believe it" - However I have nothing to do with this. I'm merely a reporter here.

"In it to win" doesn't equate to a code of conduct on the field judging by your reaction. This negates the code of what's right and wrong so don't bother arguing about this. Just embrace Suh's dirtiness.

Tough talk, but if you don't want to make friends in the NFL you might get voted the dirtiest player in the game by your peers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group