Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh's Kick--How does the team respond?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no way of determining if the kick is intentional or not.

I simply have no idea. The only time it looks like it may be intentional is in slow motion but as mentioned the game is played at real speed.

Having played contact sports for many years I can tell you a player isn't always in control of their limbs and some movements are reflex.

If players had complete control there would be far less sprains, strains and breaks.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Blink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Lions fan so take this with a grain of salt:

Two thanksgiving games, two national spotlight incidents of dirty play.

The league is going to take action, if the Lions take action and maybe bench him for the start of the game or a small fine, the league might hold back on dropping the hammer.

If Goodell thinks it was egregious and the Lions don't show effort to correct it, he might go berserk.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

I simply have no idea. The only time it looks like it may be intentional is in slow motion but as mentioned the game is played at real speed.

Having played contact sports for many years I can tell you a player isn't always in control of their limbs and some movements are reflex.

If players had complete control there would be far less sprains, strains and breaks.

It was premeditated according to some lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
I'm not a Lions fan so take this with a grain of salt:

Two thanksgiving games, two national spotlight incidents of dirty play.

The league is going to take action, if the Lions take action and maybe bench him for the start of the game or a small fine, the league might hold back on dropping the hammer.

If Goodell thinks it was egregious and the Lions don't show effort to correct it, he might go berserk.

1-2 games max regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I just don't know how a definite conclusion can be drawn.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I'm not even sure how some fan bases can comment so boldly.

He is not killing dogs (Vick), trafficking drugs (Jolly), beating his wife (Gb scrub), involved in murder charges (Lewis), raping charges and paying off other party ( Big Ben), shooting himself (Burress) and list goes on

Such hypocritical bush league crap on here in general

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly am shocked that it looks like the majority of people are 100% certain there was malicious intent. When I saw it in real time and the replays after it I knew there would be a few haters saying he did it on purpose. It still looks to me like it was accidental, and I'm shocked that there is anyone who says it is for certain one way or the other.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
38andy38

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

It seems all it takes is flying any of the other 31 teams' colours.

The vast majority of Lions fans are admitting a dirty looking play took place but have been reasonable enough to admit that they have no idea as to Suh's intent and on the field it's hard to imagine he had both the time or ability to pull it off.

Not everyone but many seem to know not only his intent but his actual thought process during the approx 1.5 sec this took place.

I'm sure if we slow down JJ Watts hit to Staffords chin and overanalyse it with the same fervor we will be able to discern his intent, what his breath smelled like a millisecond prior to contact and whether he aimed the top bar or middle bar of his face mask at Staffords chin whisker third from the freckle below his jawline.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The angle tykerdouglas posted in general looks like nothing more then momentum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
The angle tykerdouglas posted in general looks like nothing more then momentum

I saw that one, its amazing how a different angle changes the way it looks.

If that was the first one to be viewed by the masses there wouldn't be near the accusatory tone in the calls for Suh to be suspended etc.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
carlande

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

It seems all it takes is flying any of the other 31 teams' colours.

The vast majority of Lions fans are admitting a dirty looking play took place but have been reasonable enough to admit that they have no idea as to Suh's intent and on the field it's hard to imagine he had both the time or ability to pull it off.

Not everyone but many seem to know not only his intent but his actual thought process during the approx 1.5 sec this took place.

I'm sure if we slow down JJ Watts hit to Staffords chin and overanalyse it with the same fervor we will be able to discern his intent, what his breath smelled like a millisecond prior to contact and whether he aimed the top bar or middle bar of his face mask at Staffords chin whisker third from the freckle below his jawline.

JJ Watt's hits to Stafford? That was a square hit on a QB. There's no possible intent beyond that.

I know you're trying to say that by slowing things down you might be able to give intent to something that's not there. I get it.
However, flailing a leg into the air at a QB is questionable. Making a square play on a QB isn't.

I don't care if Suh's momentum carried him into the QB, his leg did something prolonged and spastic up in the air. The physics don't add up to me. His leg hung up there. I doubt Suh has such little control of himself even at regular speed. But I admit it's inconclusive. So you see the glass half full.

There's too many Lions fans sticking up for him without really knowing themselves. It's like a bunch of proud parents who deny their son stole the cookie from the cookie jar even though he's done it before and just happened to be hanging out in the kitchen.
carlande

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

He is not killing dogs (Vick), trafficking drugs (Jolly), beating his wife (Gb scrub), involved in murder charges (Lewis), raping charges and paying off other party ( Big Ben), shooting himself (Burress) and list goes on

I'm not sure why you mother-hen Suh so vehemently.

Any person (regardless of what team they're a fan of) can criticize without being a hypocrite. It doesn't matter that Eagles fans criticizes Suh if they find what he does dirty. Mike Vick has nothing to do with this.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I'm sure detfan wasn't attacking fanbases by mentioning names of players with troubles histories in the NFL. Rolling Eyes

Can fans criticize without hypocrisy? absolutely. Are they doing it in this instance? No.
tytalton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be the first to say cut him, trade him or discipline him at this point but it's hard to believe that is intentional unless you have an agenda.

For one - you can see Suh's foot hit Schaub's hand as he is getting whipped down, and that secondary movement that looks like a kick is obviously because of the angle - his foot changed direction after hitting Schaub's hand. His foot changing direction after hitting his hand was probably a good thing, otherwise he would have got hit alot harder in fact (due to getting taken down of course). If anything it appears the OL man is trying to play it like Dietrich Smith did last year in trying to get under Suh's skin and get him to fight. The refs will never call a holding penalty or unnecessary roughness against an OL playing Suh for the rest of his days after last year.

Thats also the same reason I say Suh needs to go - the fact that nobody has to play him straight up anymore because he is the bad guy in the eyes of the league. Just like Green Bay never gets called for offensive holding because they are the league darlings - it is the WWE playbook.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Shocked Arrow Eh? Arrow Rolling Eyes

PSN: bench515lbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: