Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh's Kick--How does the team respond?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25356
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.


As a fan I could care less about what players think. On a weekly basis numerous individuals make unsubstantiated claims.

Jawing and taunting has been going on as long as the game has been played and frankly a number of players have pretty un objective views. For all we know Suh was doing a victory celebration as players are known to do and the Colts player jumped to conclusions.

Frankly I find the concentration on players opinions to be ridiculous. Who cares what they think. I hope they think he is the nastiest, dirtiest most frightening player they ever played against.

Player comments about Suh have reached a level where they could only be considered humorous. Each week one of them steps forward to join the powder puff brigade and this is just the latest addition to the squad.

The reality of football is there is jawing and taunting on almost every play but most players accept it as part of the game. They don't run to the media crying like a school boy.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionFanRoxy


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1034
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.

Bullocks. All it shows is a whiny clown trying to bandwagon. Without any evidence, its nothing more than heresy.

A lie becomes truth only if YOU chose to believe it.

And if an NFL player is concerned with what other players think of him, then get out of the NFL. They're not in the game to make friends. They're in it to win.

Dear God what a bunch of girls some NFL players have become. Alex Karras is rolling over in his grave.


"Bollocks" Your opinion (you believe what you believe). Not the players opinion.

"A lie becomes truth only if [I choose] to believe it" - However I have nothing to do with this. I'm merely a reporter here.

"In it to win" doesn't equate to a code of conduct on the field judging by your reaction. This negates the code of what's right and wrong so don't bother arguing about this. Just embrace Suh's dirtiness.

Tough talk, but if you don't want to make friends in the NFL you might get voted the dirtiest player in the game by your peers.


You are once again basing your opinion on a fact which has NOT been proven. I'd rather talk tough and be loathed by my peers than a panty waste baby who whines all the time. Oh, and son, until you actually *have* proof, all you have is heresy. And as a 'reporter', that seems to be enough for you.

Not unlike the rest who also call themselves 'reporters'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carlande


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1411
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.


As a fan I could care less about what players think. On a weekly basis numerous individuals make unsubstantiated claims.

Jawing and taunting has been going on as long as the game has been played and frankly a number of players have pretty un objective views. For all we know Suh was doing a victory celebration as players are known to do and the Colts player jumped to conclusions.

Frankly I find the concentration on players opinions to be ridiculous. Who cares what they think. I hope they think he is the nastiest, dirtiest most frightening player they ever played against.

Player comments about Suh have reached a level where they could only be considered humorous. Each week one of them steps forward to join the powder puff brigade and this is just the latest addition to the squad.

The reality of football is there is jawing and taunting on almost every play but most players accept it as part of the game. They don't run to the media crying like a school boy.


I'm glad to hear this, because it seems to me it was bothersome to you that the players voted him as the dirtiest player initially. Or at least you attacked the legitamacy of the poll. If you just say at face value that it doesn't matter to you in the least, that's an argument I can accept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25356
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.


As a fan I could care less about what players think. On a weekly basis numerous individuals make unsubstantiated claims.

Jawing and taunting has been going on as long as the game has been played and frankly a number of players have pretty un objective views. For all we know Suh was doing a victory celebration as players are known to do and the Colts player jumped to conclusions.

Frankly I find the concentration on players opinions to be ridiculous. Who cares what they think. I hope they think he is the nastiest, dirtiest most frightening player they ever played against.

Player comments about Suh have reached a level where they could only be considered humorous. Each week one of them steps forward to join the powder puff brigade and this is just the latest addition to the squad.

The reality of football is there is jawing and taunting on almost every play but most players accept it as part of the game. They don't run to the media crying like a school boy.


I'm glad to hear this, because it seems to me it was bothersome to you that the players voted him as the dirtiest player initially. Or at least you attacked the legitamacy of the poll. If you just say at face value that it doesn't matter to you in the least, that's an argument I can accept.


What you should understand then, is I don't accept the validity of a poll unless the question is revealed. I also don't accept the anonymity of the poll where they don't at least list the positions that were polled.

How many WR polled indicated Suh as the dirtiest player?

How many defensive players who have never been on the field at the same time as Suh voted him the dirtiest player?

How many players that answered have even played against Suh?

I'm not going to accept a statement from any organization that attacks a player when I'm not given sufficient information to determine if the poll was even valid.

We don't even know if the poll featured a multiple choice option or a write in option.

It's alarming to me that anyone would simply believe that a player was the dirtiest because 38% of respondents said so.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49299
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. A punter on the sideline who sees him once could vote him dirty?

His view is only skewed by the people on sidelines.

Might as well say 93 % of ball boys vote Suh dirty because he breathed in their direction after eating subway
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carlande


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1411
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.

Bullocks. All it shows is a whiny clown trying to bandwagon. Without any evidence, its nothing more than heresy.

A lie becomes truth only if YOU chose to believe it.

And if an NFL player is concerned with what other players think of him, then get out of the NFL. They're not in the game to make friends. They're in it to win.

Dear God what a bunch of girls some NFL players have become. Alex Karras is rolling over in his grave.


"Bollocks" Your opinion (you believe what you believe). Not the players opinion.

"A lie becomes truth only if [I choose] to believe it" - However I have nothing to do with this. I'm merely a reporter here.

"In it to win" doesn't equate to a code of conduct on the field judging by your reaction. This negates the code of what's right and wrong so don't bother arguing about this. Just embrace Suh's dirtiness.

Tough talk, but if you don't want to make friends in the NFL you might get voted the dirtiest player in the game by your peers.


You are once again basing your opinion on a fact which has NOT been proven. I'd rather talk tough and be loathed by my peers than a panty waste baby who whines all the time. Oh, and son, until you actually *have* proof, all you have is heresy. And as a 'reporter', that seems to be enough for you.

Not unlike the rest who also call themselves 'reporters'.


STEP OFF!!!

Don't "son" me. My father died last year and I'm going to have a kid.

Back to the argument. I'm not trying to prove anything. What on earth am I trying to prove here? That the players don't like Suh? I believe that's been pretty well established already. I came into this thread arguing that I thought the kick was intentional (true), but for the last 10 posts or so I've merely brought up the heresay as a means to state that the players don't like Suh and think he's dirty. I accentuated the point today in light of the Colts game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionFanRoxy


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1034
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.

Bullocks. All it shows is a whiny clown trying to bandwagon. Without any evidence, its nothing more than heresy.

A lie becomes truth only if YOU chose to believe it.

And if an NFL player is concerned with what other players think of him, then get out of the NFL. They're not in the game to make friends. They're in it to win.

Dear God what a bunch of girls some NFL players have become. Alex Karras is rolling over in his grave.


"Bollocks" Your opinion (you believe what you believe). Not the players opinion.

"A lie becomes truth only if [I choose] to believe it" - However I have nothing to do with this. I'm merely a reporter here.

"In it to win" doesn't equate to a code of conduct on the field judging by your reaction. This negates the code of what's right and wrong so don't bother arguing about this. Just embrace Suh's dirtiness.

Tough talk, but if you don't want to make friends in the NFL you might get voted the dirtiest player in the game by your peers.


You are once again basing your opinion on a fact which has NOT been proven. I'd rather talk tough and be loathed by my peers than a panty waste baby who whines all the time. Oh, and son, until you actually *have* proof, all you have is heresy. And as a 'reporter', that seems to be enough for you.

Not unlike the rest who also call themselves 'reporters'.


STEP OFF!!!

Don't "son" me. My father died last year and I'm going to have a kid.

Back to the argument. I'm not trying to prove anything. What on earth am I trying to prove here? That the players don't like Suh? I believe that's been pretty well established already. I came into this thread arguing that I thought the kick was intentional (true), but for the last 10 posts or so I've merely brought up the heresay as a means to state that the players don't like Suh and think he's dirty. I accentuated the point today in light of the Colts game.


If you can't take the heat, well, you know.

No, what you're doing is bringing pure conjecture into the opposing team's forum trying to justify YOUR players heresy.

Oh, and, guess what, once again, its your OPINION the kick was intentional. Clearly, the NFL didn't see it that way, regardless of fine. If you're so concerned about penalties and players opinions, perhaps you'd do best watching Arena Football.

And back to previous posters here, I guarantee the majority of those same players who call Suh dirty would cheer if he was signed to their team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49299
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.

Bullocks. All it shows is a whiny clown trying to bandwagon. Without any evidence, its nothing more than heresy.

A lie becomes truth only if YOU chose to believe it.

And if an NFL player is concerned with what other players think of him, then get out of the NFL. They're not in the game to make friends. They're in it to win.

Dear God what a bunch of girls some NFL players have become. Alex Karras is rolling over in his grave.


"Bollocks" Your opinion (you believe what you believe). Not the players opinion.

"A lie becomes truth only if [I choose] to believe it" - However I have nothing to do with this. I'm merely a reporter here.

"In it to win" doesn't equate to a code of conduct on the field judging by your reaction. This negates the code of what's right and wrong so don't bother arguing about this. Just embrace Suh's dirtiness.

Tough talk, but if you don't want to make friends in the NFL you might get voted the dirtiest player in the game by your peers.


You are once again basing your opinion on a fact which has NOT been proven. I'd rather talk tough and be loathed by my peers than a panty waste baby who whines all the time. Oh, and son, until you actually *have* proof, all you have is heresy. And as a 'reporter', that seems to be enough for you.

Not unlike the rest who also call themselves 'reporters'.


STEP OFF!!!

Don't "son" me. My father died last year and I'm going to have a kid.

Back to the argument. I'm not trying to prove anything. What on earth am I trying to prove here? That the players don't like Suh? I believe that's been pretty well established already. I came into this thread arguing that I thought the kick was intentional (true), but for the last 10 posts or so I've merely brought up the heresay as a means to state that the players don't like Suh and think he's dirty. I accentuated the point today in light of the Colts game.


If you can't take the heat, well, you know.

No, what you're doing is bringing pure conjecture into the opposing team's forum trying to justify YOUR players heresy.

Oh, and, guess what, once again, its your OPINION the kick was intentional. Clearly, the NFL didn't see it that way, regardless of fine. If you're so concerned about penalties and players opinions, perhaps you'd do best watching Arena Football.

And back to previous posters here, I guarantee the majority of those same players who call Suh dirty would cheer if he was signed to their team.


Sorry but I am positive he is a Lions fan
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tytalton


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 844
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Player comments about Suh have reached a level where they could only be considered humorous. Each week one of them steps forward to join the powder puff brigade and this is just the latest addition to the squad.


DH- I agree 100%....I have to say you need to get poster of the year for your perspective the last few weeks.

However (there is always a however isn't there?) I still think that Suh is a lightning rod to the extent that he does more harm than good out there. He doesn't get callks in games anymore despite getting played so dirty it is outright cheating by the other team sometimes. Players know they can say and do ANYTHING against Suh and it won't be called. They curry favor or support from the refs and NFL office on top of it. Despite video evidence to the absolute contrary - guys like Roddy White and McWhatever are not fined by the league. It diminishes the game into exaxtly what you call it - powderpuff. I have said it before it is WWE rules where the biggest crybabies and professional victims get the most support from the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionFanRoxy


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1034
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
carlande wrote:
Here's another:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8704965/mike-mcglynn-indianapolis-colts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

TAUNTING

This seems to be more of an issue than the play itself, although the NFL is apparently going to review it. The taunting is (once again) metaphorically kicking a guy when he's down.


One page too late with this news.

Once again, find me some video evidence of it and then I'll decide if Suh was acting out of line or some offensive lineman was pissed that Suh abused him all game long.


I said here's another...I don't care if you find the ESPN article a problem. It supplements the M-live.

Well what do you know, an incident just days after we ended this discussion. Your argument just got a hit of no confidence and you still act oblivious to the player complaints against the good son. Video evidence? If a guy is down and another guy is taunting him you're not going to hear him. It's the mounting player testimonials that are the problem. Will there be direct evidence? probably not. However this mounting testimonial should clear the air as to why the players view him as a dirty player.


The guy said Suh was dancing as part of the taunt, there would be video evidence of that if it were the case. This sounds exactly like what Roddy White said after the Falcons game last year and that proved to be a lie so I'm ashamed of anyone who assumes this story to be true because of what some other player made up last year.


Alright. So if the officials and the league review the footage they have and they see Suh lingering over Justice jawing at him (dancing, or pointing) then you might be inclined to agree. If not, if there is no footage, or footage proves otherwise, than there won't be direct evidence. That being said, it's still another mark on Suh's character according to a player. So far, I think no other players from the Colts have said anything. However, the allegations are still a problem.

Roddy White? What he lied about the taunting? They're unproven allegations that's all.

This isn't about what you or I think of Ndamukong Suh, it's about players thinking Suh is dirty. Your perception of what I think is moot. My angle has nothing to do with this. If there's bad press regarding Suh and it's coming directly from a player, why should you care whether or not I beleive it? It's another bit of bad news for Suh and all the defense you or anyone else is going to come up with won't change the players perceptions. I think you agree with this.

Bullocks. All it shows is a whiny clown trying to bandwagon. Without any evidence, its nothing more than heresy.

A lie becomes truth only if YOU chose to believe it.

And if an NFL player is concerned with what other players think of him, then get out of the NFL. They're not in the game to make friends. They're in it to win.

Dear God what a bunch of girls some NFL players have become. Alex Karras is rolling over in his grave.


"Bollocks" Your opinion (you believe what you believe). Not the players opinion.

"A lie becomes truth only if [I choose] to believe it" - However I have nothing to do with this. I'm merely a reporter here.

"In it to win" doesn't equate to a code of conduct on the field judging by your reaction. This negates the code of what's right and wrong so don't bother arguing about this. Just embrace Suh's dirtiness.

Tough talk, but if you don't want to make friends in the NFL you might get voted the dirtiest player in the game by your peers.


You are once again basing your opinion on a fact which has NOT been proven. I'd rather talk tough and be loathed by my peers than a panty waste baby who whines all the time. Oh, and son, until you actually *have* proof, all you have is heresy. And as a 'reporter', that seems to be enough for you.

Not unlike the rest who also call themselves 'reporters'.


STEP OFF!!!

Don't "son" me. My father died last year and I'm going to have a kid.

Back to the argument. I'm not trying to prove anything. What on earth am I trying to prove here? That the players don't like Suh? I believe that's been pretty well established already. I came into this thread arguing that I thought the kick was intentional (true), but for the last 10 posts or so I've merely brought up the heresay as a means to state that the players don't like Suh and think he's dirty. I accentuated the point today in light of the Colts game.


If you can't take the heat, well, you know.

No, what you're doing is bringing pure conjecture into the opposing team's forum trying to justify YOUR players heresy.

Oh, and, guess what, once again, its your OPINION the kick was intentional. Clearly, the NFL didn't see it that way, regardless of fine. If you're so concerned about penalties and players opinions, perhaps you'd do best watching Arena Football.

And back to previous posters here, I guarantee the majority of those same players who call Suh dirty would cheer if he was signed to their team.



Sorry but I am positive he is a Lions fan

My apologies then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18106
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxy = <3

Carlande = Shame on you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25356
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tytalton wrote:
Quote:
Player comments about Suh have reached a level where they could only be considered humorous. Each week one of them steps forward to join the powder puff brigade and this is just the latest addition to the squad.


DH- I agree 100%....I have to say you need to get poster of the year for your perspective the last few weeks.

However (there is always a however isn't there?) I still think that Suh is a lightning rod to the extent that he does more harm than good out there. He doesn't get callks in games anymore despite getting played so dirty it is outright cheating by the other team sometimes. Players know they can say and do ANYTHING against Suh and it won't be called. They curry favor or support from the refs and NFL office on top of it. Despite video evidence to the absolute contrary - guys like Roddy White and McWhatever are not fined by the league. It diminishes the game into exaxtly what you call it - powderpuff. I have said it before it is WWE rules where the biggest crybabies and professional victims get the most support from the league.


I agree. I have been re watching games and focusing on Suh. The abuse he takes is incredible. His patience this year has been amazing. Yet, as you pointed out no penalty is called. When Suh is involved they just put the whistle away.

A classic case was last year when, "the stomp," occurred, everyone thought it funny that the Packers were untying his shoes in the pile. No one acknowledged how the frustration that resulted may have played a part in the stomp.

He is simply fair game and plays on steam that no matter what gets criticized.

With all of it Suh isn't running to the media to report the taunts directed at him or the dirty play directed at him. Of course that is also over looked in the media driven fan frenzy to discredit the man and assault his character.

He is a bad driver. The people need to get over it. Laughing
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carlande


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1411
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Roxy = <3

Carlande = Shame on you


Care to elaborate?

If there's one thing I can't stand it's petty jabbing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 23883
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Roxy = <3

Carlande = Shame on you


Care to elaborate?

If there's one thing I can't stand it's petty jabbing.
He's just having fun. He loves Roxy. He's a Roxy homer.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Eric Ebron



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49299
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Roxy = <3

Carlande = Shame on you


Care to elaborate?

If there's one thing I can't stand it's petty jabbing.


Yet your posts in this are just that.

Irony
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group