Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 1.1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Mock 1.1 Reply with quote

Mock 1.0
swoosh wrote:
Falcons win the Super Bowl. Yay.

Gonzo walks out on top. Turner, McClure, and Grimes also depart. Everybody else of note returns for the sake of this mock.

Jgold wins MVP.

FA addition is Terrance Knighton, DT, Jacksonville.

** Atlanta trades their 1st and 6th to (Team B) for a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th **

R2: Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State
Now here's a RB I can get behind. Love Randle's skill-set, especially for this offense.

R2: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
The Stanford mascot himself. Steps in day one and starts.

R3: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
Last time TD picked a Wildcat in the 3rd, it worked out well. Get this huge dude and move Konz to C.

R3: Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky
Add another rotational pass rusher to the mix.

R4: Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
Need more time to check this kid out, but we need a CB if Grimes leaves.

R4C: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
Kid is a gamer. Enough said.

R5: James Hurst, OT, North Carolina
No QB's of value here to TD grabs an OT to compete with Baker, Clabo, and company.

R5: Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
He'll have to check out with TD and Smith, but Alonso is a nice all-around, versatile LB.

R7: Orhian Johnson, S, Ohio State
Can battle it out with Hope.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad but I just don't feel like drafting a RB high is neccessary. I love moving down to obtain more picks tho. I'd rather see us look at a DE in the 2nd round (even if it means getting a guy who should of went in the 1st but slipped because of some other reason...not related to something super crazy). We have to get a better pass rush and your offseason doesn't address that. If we have an offseason that doesnt address that again we will be making another huge mistake.

However, your idea of moving back is good. We need to obtain more picks. Love the OG pick and the TE pick as well.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Not bad but I just don't feel like drafting a RB high is neccessary. I love moving down to obtain more picks tho. I'd rather see us look at a DE in the 2nd round (even if it means getting a guy who should of went in the 1st but slipped because of some other reason...not related to something super crazy). We have to get a better pass rush and your offseason doesn't address that. If we have an offseason that doesnt address that again we will be making another huge mistake.

However, your idea of moving back is good. We need to obtain more picks. Love the OG pick and the TE pick as well.

I'm not a huge fan of drafting a RB early either. But there's not many RB's out there and I think the position needs to be addressed. Randle is a RB I really, really like.

I hear you about DE's. My next mock will probably have a DE drafted early.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice concept of trading back, but I really feel ATL's need will be a young DB and another DE, sooner in the draft than later.
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Nice concept of trading back, but I really feel ATL's need will be a young DB and another DE, sooner in the draft than later.

I thought about either making the FA addition Derek Cox or bringing back Grimes. I agree, CB needs to be addressed. Go with Samuel and whoever else is brought in (or retained) as the starters with Robinson inside.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that CB needs to be addressed but i do like the idea of bringing grimey back right meow.

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL won't move Konz to C. They like Hawley as the long term C.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
ATL won't move Konz to C. They like Hawley as the long term C.

They should though as Hawley would be a good depth player for both positions while Konz would be alot better at Center than Hawley would and a new high talent OG would be better talent than Hawley would as well.

To me good depth talent is just as important as having good starters.

As far as the draft goes it's not really that bad and im glad someone else beside me came up with Knighton as a good FA target for us i said that in someone's mock draft a bit back on here.

Im ok with Randle i just wouldn't take him in the 2nd round 3rd i think i would be all over him though. I would take a DE at that 1st pick in the 2nd round like Carradine and then follow that up with Ertz at TE and then Randle in the 3rd at RB and if he isn't available then go maybe Taylor who looks pretty solid as well.
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

I thought about either making the FA addition Derek Cox or bringing back Grimes. I agree, CB needs to be addressed. Go with Samuel and whoever else is brought in (or retained) as the starters with Robinson inside.

where does that leave mcclain. he's been a good nickle for us
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcfan4life wrote:
swoosh wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

where does that leave mcclain. he's been a good nickle for us

In the nickel, ready to take over for Asante when he retires. (Hopefully we sign him to a long term deal!)

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand why people say we will trade back. In 5 years, TD has traded back one time, and that was this past year in the 3rd round. He has traded up at least once in every draft. It is more likely that he will either trade up, or trade the pick for a player.

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
I dont understand why people say we will trade back. In 5 years, TD has traded back one time, and that was this past year in the 3rd round. He has traded up at least once in every draft. It is more likely that he will either trade up, or trade the pick for a player.

It's not him predicting it as much as him thinking it would be a good idea. Hard as hell to predict trades at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

It's not him predicting it as much as him thinking it would be a good idea. Hard as hell to predict trades at this point.

Oh I agree, but if we all stick to the character rule, then we shouldnt predict TD trading down with his first pick, since there is a 95% likelihood that it wont happen.

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

It's more so what I would like to see happen rather than a mock. No point in true mocks, IMO, as they're 1% accurate...if you're lucky. I'm always a fan of trading back and acquiring more picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: