Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears (7-3) Host Minnesota Vikings (6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
SLCbear wrote:
Lovie is an elite/top teir coach, we are very fortunate to have him ....he's not going anywhere!!

We need an NFL O-line, a healthy Alshon, a receiving TE threat to work the middle of the field, and an OC that has some intelligence and creativity ....Tice is the one gone or back to being OL coach strictly (I can see that scenario play out as he prob is the best OL coach in the league; but can easily see him being sent packing outright)

I think we bounce back after the huge loss, something Lovie is a master at, and get the must-win at home

Bears 20
Vikes 13
Win one year, Lose the next, Win the next, Lose the next is in no way an "elite" coach. And "elite" coach does not hire OC after OC who cannot do the job.

If this game is lost the team will be in extremely deep trouble and so will Smith. That exhibition Monday night was one of the worst I have seen from the Bears in 40 yrs. It turned into a clown show.
Again he's only hired 2 OCs, and one of them he didn't really have any choice in hiring b/c everyone else turned the team down b/c of the uncertainty at the time. Even Jeremy Bates, who is here now. What's mind-numbingly frustrating is that Tice is supposed to be the "run it down there throats to set up the playaction passes deep" guy yet week after week, he seems to ignore the running game for long stretches of the ball game. Let's also not forget how much the OL has been ignored by the FO for years. Which Tice has had a big hand in himself. I was on record as saying in the draft that I wouldn't have gone OL unless one of the elite OTs or Decastro fell to us. I like Shea, I hope he really does well here and develops, but everyone here knows when Reiff was there at our pick that I said the Bears should have drafted him, and now the Lions have seemingly transitioned from Backus to Reiff as Backus will now probably never line up at LT again for them. They let CW go to bring in an incredibly mentally soft player in Rachal. They've left Carimi in at RT even though he has looked incredibly uncompetitive all year long. They need to kick Louis back outside to RT where he played pretty well last year. Bring Spencer in to RG where he played pretty well last year, and bring in Edwin Williams at LG. This offseason Emery needs to focus his attention on the OL.
We were all rather shocked when no linemen were drafted last draft and mostly disappointed. Shea is going to be a really good player for us so I am not disappointed with his play.

That being said it is no certainty that any lineman we might have drafted would have stepped in and settled things down on our line. Khalil was the first one drafted and he has not yet shown himself to be that good. It simply takes a lot more time to develop these guys than most here are willing to allow.

The fact is I don't like drafting in the first half dozen picks because the bust rate is just too high and the cost too high too.

Tice is still learning as well as OC and people don't want to give him any time to develop either.
Kalil has given up 1 sack on the year, and his run blocking has been better than originally thought, he's showed plenty. Before Backus went down, Reiff had been brought in frequently by the Lions as an extra blocker for run plays, sometimes even as a FB. So far the transition has been seemless, these were clearly head and shoulders above every other OT prospect in the draft this year.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Was that out of the Oregon playbook?

And some said Toub needed Hester to be a good ST coach...
That is not what I said. I said Hester has been the main reason he has been touted so highly.

That play was an automatic call when the defense lines up unbalanced like it did. It is called by Pods when he sees it.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Who is that man and what has he done with Matt Spaeth?!
Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Jared Allen the hypocrite there…after Cushing tore his ACL Allen said that cut blocks and blindside blocks should be outlawed.
He may well be a hypocrite but this was not an example of it. Since the blindsides are not illegal he cannot forgo them when the opportunity presents itself. That one was devastating.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Nice job by Bush to end the game...

Lovie is now 66-12 when our offence scores 18 points or more...and some want rid of him Laughing

Its nice when you can cherry pick stats isnt it? Laughing. If you think thats the only stat that counts when deciding if a coach stays or leaves once again. Im glad your not involved in the process.

How is that cherry picking...it's a clear fact that when the offence can score an average amount of points we win far more games than we lose...Lovie isn't the problem...being consistent on offence is and hopefully Emery addresses the main problem which is the Oline during the offseason.
That stat is probably applicable to almost every coach i.e. it is meaningless.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
SLCbear wrote:
Lovie is an elite/top teir coach, we are very fortunate to have him ....he's not going anywhere!!

We need an NFL O-line, a healthy Alshon, a receiving TE threat to work the middle of the field, and an OC that has some intelligence and creativity ....Tice is the one gone or back to being OL coach strictly (I can see that scenario play out as he prob is the best OL coach in the league; but can easily see him being sent packing outright)

I think we bounce back after the huge loss, something Lovie is a master at, and get the must-win at home

Bears 20
Vikes 13
Win one year, Lose the next, Win the next, Lose the next is in no way an "elite" coach. And "elite" coach does not hire OC after OC who cannot do the job.

If this game is lost the team will be in extremely deep trouble and so will Smith. That exhibition Monday night was one of the worst I have seen from the Bears in 40 yrs. It turned into a clown show.
Again he's only hired 2 OCs, and one of them he didn't really have any choice in hiring b/c everyone else turned the team down b/c of the uncertainty at the time. Even Jeremy Bates, who is here now. What's mind-numbingly frustrating is that Tice is supposed to be the "run it down there throats to set up the playaction passes deep" guy yet week after week, he seems to ignore the running game for long stretches of the ball game. Let's also not forget how much the OL has been ignored by the FO for years. Which Tice has had a big hand in himself. I was on record as saying in the draft that I wouldn't have gone OL unless one of the elite OTs or Decastro fell to us. I like Shea, I hope he really does well here and develops, but everyone here knows when Reiff was there at our pick that I said the Bears should have drafted him, and now the Lions have seemingly transitioned from Backus to Reiff as Backus will now probably never line up at LT again for them. They let CW go to bring in an incredibly mentally soft player in Rachal. They've left Carimi in at RT even though he has looked incredibly uncompetitive all year long. They need to kick Louis back outside to RT where he played pretty well last year. Bring Spencer in to RG where he played pretty well last year, and bring in Edwin Williams at LG. This offseason Emery needs to focus his attention on the OL.
We were all rather shocked when no linemen were drafted last draft and mostly disappointed. Shea is going to be a really good player for us so I am not disappointed with his play.

That being said it is no certainty that any lineman we might have drafted would have stepped in and settled things down on our line. Khalil was the first one drafted and he has not yet shown himself to be that good. It simply takes a lot more time to develop these guys than most here are willing to allow.

The fact is I don't like drafting in the first half dozen picks because the bust rate is just too high and the cost too high too.

Tice is still learning as well as OC and people don't want to give him any time to develop either.
Kalil has given up 1 sack on the year, and his run blocking has been better than originally thought, he's showed plenty. Before Backus went down, Reiff had been brought in frequently by the Lions as an extra blocker for run plays, sometimes even as a FB. So far the transition has been seemless, these were clearly head and shoulders above every other OT prospect in the draft this year.
Khalil may prove to be worth the third pick but so far that is not the case. But it takes time as I have said.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
SLCbear wrote:

Bears 20
Vikes 13

Khalil may prove to be worth the third pick but so far that is not the case. But it takes time as I have said.

If you think Khalil isn't already a top 5 LT in the NFL then you clearly haven't seen him play much...as much as we hardly heard Jared Allen's name we heard Julius Peppers even less.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
SLCbear wrote:

Bears 20
Vikes 13

If you think Khalil isn't already a top 5 LT in the NFL then you clearly haven't seen him play much...as much as we hardly heard Jared Allen's name we heard Julius Peppers even less.
I have neither seen him play much nor saw anything too impressive in those games I have seen. But playing LT is not something that guys immediately do their best at. Peppers main role with the Bears is to absorb blockers so the other guys can get to the passer, it is nothing like Allen's. Shut down Allen and the Vikes have no pass rush worth worrying about.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
SLCbear wrote:

Bears 20
Vikes 13

I have neither seen him play much nor saw anything too impressive in those games I have seen. But playing LT is not something that guys immediately do their best at. Peppers main role with the Bears is to absorb blockers so the other guys can get to the passer, it is nothing like Allen's. Shut down Allen and the Vikes have no pass rush worth worrying about.

None of this changes the fact he has already played at a level that is top 5 at his position.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

None of this changes the fact he has already played at a level that is top 5 at his position.

MadMike is correct. Kalil has been nothing short of elite this season. He also plays on the field goal unit and has blocked a couple kicks this years. His athleticism is unreal.

Everson Griffen and Brian Robison provide good pass rush. Griffen is a situational pass rusher but comes through on a regular basis for us.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

MadMike is correct. Kalil has been nothing short of elite this season. He also plays on the field goal unit and has blocked a couple kicks this years. His athleticism is unreal.

Everson Griffen and Brian Robison provide good pass rush. Griffen is a situational pass rusher but comes through on a regular basis for us.
Without Allen's heroics no one worries about those guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: