Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears (7-3) Host Minnesota Vikings (6-4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Chicago Bears (7-3) Host Minnesota Vikings (6-4) Reply with quote

Good divsional game on Sunday. Vikings had a bye week and should be rested and ready.

Bears win a tough game on home turf.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking more and more like Percy won't play again this week. If thats how it shakes out the X-Factor of the game will be Musgrave who coincidentally did a much better job of calling plays without percy in the game. Even if Cutler plays I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility the Vikings could pull this out but they'll have to be on thier game.

That being said. Bears scrape it out 21-17

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
joru1000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen breaks single season sack record in one game.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson runs for 396 yards. then they pull him in the 3rd quarter.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

I hate AP so much... Laughing
But really, your OL is not capable of dominating the line of scrimmage like San Fran's is.... and I expect this defense to play extremely angry after last week.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

But really, your OL is not capable of dominating the line of scrimmage like San Fran's is.... and I expect this defense to play extremely angry after last week.

Our O-Line is night and day from where they were last year. Besides Charlie Johnson there isn't any real weak link there.

Actually you could argue that Kalil, Sullivan and Loadholt are all borderline pro-bowlers right now granted it was week three but the Vikings beat the Niners at thier own game. Don't see how you can say our O-Line isn't capable of dominating the game. Will they? Probably not but it's not impossible.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

This team is on the brink and it is impossible for me to predict what it will do. Continue over the precipice or arrest the collapse and hack its way to the playoffs.

What I saw from our defense last week was chilling. This is a critical game for this team.

My guess is Minnesota is going to give us a huge dose of Peterson. And Gerhardt is dangerous as well.

If the Bears team we thought we had shows up we will win, if not....

And it depends which Webb shows up: the one which had a good 1st game last year against the Wild Man or the one who got eaten alive in the 2d.

I'm back to not knowing what the heck is going to happen.
Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Peterson breaks open at full speed, thats as close to how Gale Sayers looked as memory serves.

Is Jay Cutler really a possible game time decision? Then he had better sit. There is a tipping point with concussion syndrom. One game? Who cares.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Watch what the Vikes Oline did to the Bucs, Seahawks, Cards and Lions in recent weeks. The Vikings Oline has been exceptional this year and has played a huge role in Peterson averaging 5.0+ a carry. Peterson has been great but he is also getting real nice running lanes.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
When Peterson breaks open at full speed, thats as close to how Gale Sayers looked as memory serves.

Is Jay Cutler really a possible game time decision? Then he had better sit. There is a tipping point with concussion syndrom. One game? Who cares.

I think Cutler is the deciding factor. Campbell is just so bad, worse than Ponder. If Cutler is able to go, that of course opens things up for Chicago. Regardless of who is under center, the Vikes top 3 pass rushers, Allen, Griffen and Robison need to have huge games if MN is to win.

I think this game is almost a toss up, though injuries for both teams could be deciding factor (Cutler and Percy Harvin). One thing without Harvin, the Vikings offense seemed to have a better ability to spread the ball around. It seems like when Harvin is playing, Ponder and Musgrave seem to forceful in getting Harvin tons of touches. Sure he is a dynamic player, but it really makes the offense more one dimensional that it ought to be. Not having that one player who you can count on also forces you to try and find ways to get other receivers involved.

For me, this game greatly depends on which Ponder shows. Ponder of last week and against SF who is smart, effective and efficient, the Vikings are hard to beat. However, if Ponder throws poor passes they will surely get picked off by this Bears defense.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Watch what the Vikes Oline did to the Bucs, Seahawks, Cards and Lions in recent weeks. The Vikings Oline has been exceptional this year and has played a huge role in Peterson averaging 5.0+ a carry. Peterson has been great but he is also getting real nice running lanes.

It's really not a knock against your Oline, I like your line, I think Kalil is going to become the best LT in the game when all is said and done. But San Fransisco is simply on another level. There the only OL in tier 1 far from tier 2 IMO. And comparing our DLine rotation to the Bucs is pretty silly, it's not even close.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
It's really not a knock against your Oline, I like your line, I think Kalil is going to become the best LT in the game when all is said and done. But San Fransisco is simply on another level.

umm...

you do understand we BEAT San Francisco, right?

Laughing

now i say we leave Peterson in for the whole game and he gets 500+. hmmph!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
It's really not a knock against your Oline, I like your line, I think Kalil is going to become the best LT in the game when all is said and done. But San Fransisco is simply on another level. There the only OL in tier 1 far from tier 2 IMO. And comparing our DLine rotation to the Bucs is pretty silly, it's not even close.

The 49ers do have a beastly line, I wont argue that. But the Vikings do have a much better RB than the 49ers do. The difference between the Oline this year and the Oline the past few years is about .5 yard per carry for Peterson. That is huge. The 49ers no doubt have the best run blocking line in the league, but you have to atleast put the Vikings in the top 3 or 4 at this point. Peterson wouldnt be as brilliant as he is this year without some of the big lanes he has been getting. Peterson leads the league in 20+ runs and 40+ runs if i remember correctly. No doubt Peterson's break away ability is second to none, but in previous years those lanes just wouldnt develop as often in years past.

The Bears may have a deep DL rotation, but they have given up 4.2 per carry. not bad at all, but the Bucs are at 3.4. The Bucs actually have a very underrated and top notch run defense this year. Significantly better than the Bears.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
It's really not a knock against your Oline, I like your line, I think Kalil is going to become the best LT in the game when all is said and done. But San Fransisco is simply on another level.

umm...

Laughing

now i say we leave Peterson in for the whole game and he gets 500+. hmmph!

I think instead of spending so much time posting on here, you should spend more on your reading comprehension...

Laughing

I said San Fransisco's Offensive line is on another level in comparison to the Vikings... but go ahead and twist it the way you'd like.

blkwdw13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

umm...

Laughing

And the Bears handily beat St Louis which tied the 49ers, see how stupid statements like this are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: