Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears (7-3) Host Minnesota Vikings (6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin is certainly a big loss but Ponder did have one of his better game of the year last week against Detroit with Harvin out of the lineup. My theory is it forced the team to stop forcing so much to Harvin and it forced the Vikings to spread the ball around more.

Cutler playing is huge for Chicago but it probably wont make much difference if the Bears Oline continues to get abused.
mjh91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news that Jay will start tomorrow. Hope he will be protected.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Harvin is certainly a big loss but Ponder did have one of his better game of the year last week against Detroit with Harvin out of the lineup. My theory is it forced the team to stop forcing so much to Harvin and it forced the Vikings to spread the ball around more.

Cutler playing is huge for Chicago but it probably wont make much difference if the Bears Oline continues to get abused.

They don't get abused as bad when he plays.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
ak06max wrote:
Lovie is way to soft to make adjustments that may just work. Couldn't be any worse I would think

Brad Childress might be looking for work soon, that would be worse if he came to the Bears...

I wouldn't be surprised if Chilly ended up being reunited with Andy Reid next season. Could Reid/Chilly come to Chicago if Lovey gets the axe?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Uncle Buck"]
vike daddy wrote:
ak06max wrote:
Lovie is way to soft to make adjustments that may just work. Couldn't be any worse I would think

Brad Childress might be looking for work soon, that would be worse if he came to the Bears...

I wouldn't be surprised if Chilly ended up being reunited with Andy Reid next season. Could Reid/Chilly come to Chicago if Lovey gets the axe?[/quote

Sure hope not...Andy Reid is not a better coach than Lovie Smith.
SLCbear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie is an elite/top teir coach, we are very fortunate to have him ....he's not going anywhere!!

We need an NFL O-line, a healthy Alshon, a receiving TE threat to work the middle of the field, and an OC that has some intelligence and creativity ....Tice is the one gone or back to being OL coach strictly (I can see that scenario play out as he prob is the best OL coach in the league; but can easily see him being sent packing outright)

I think we bounce back after the huge loss, something Lovie is a master at, and get the must-win at home

Bears 20
Vikes 13
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Jared Allen vs Webb.....this should be fun Laughing
Webb kept him in check the first game.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
ak06max wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Chilly ended up being reunited with Andy Reid next season. Could Reid/Chilly come to Chicago if Lovey gets the axe?
No.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLCbear wrote:
Lovie is an elite/top teir coach, we are very fortunate to have him ....he's not going anywhere!!

We need an NFL O-line, a healthy Alshon, a receiving TE threat to work the middle of the field, and an OC that has some intelligence and creativity ....Tice is the one gone or back to being OL coach strictly (I can see that scenario play out as he prob is the best OL coach in the league; but can easily see him being sent packing outright)

I think we bounce back after the huge loss, something Lovie is a master at, and get the must-win at home

Bears 20
Vikes 13
Win one year, Lose the next, Win the next, Lose the next is in no way an "elite" coach. And "elite" coach does not hire OC after OC who cannot do the job.

If this game is lost the team will be in extremely deep trouble and so will Smith. That exhibition Monday night was one of the worst I have seen from the Bears in 40 yrs. It turned into a clown show.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
SLCbear wrote:

Bears 20
Vikes 13
Win one year, Lose the next, Win the next, Lose the next is in no way an "elite" coach. And "elite" coach does not hire OC after OC who cannot do the job.

If this game is lost the team will be in extremely deep trouble and so will Smith. That exhibition Monday night was one of the worst I have seen from the Bears in 40 yrs. It turned into a clown show.
Again he's only hired 2 OCs, and one of them he didn't really have any choice in hiring b/c everyone else turned the team down b/c of the uncertainty at the time. Even Jeremy Bates, who is here now. What's mind-numbingly frustrating is that Tice is supposed to be the "run it down there throats to set up the playaction passes deep" guy yet week after week, he seems to ignore the running game for long stretches of the ball game. Let's also not forget how much the OL has been ignored by the FO for years. Which Tice has had a big hand in himself. I was on record as saying in the draft that I wouldn't have gone OL unless one of the elite OTs or Decastro fell to us. I like Shea, I hope he really does well here and develops, but everyone here knows when Reiff was there at our pick that I said the Bears should have drafted him, and now the Lions have seemingly transitioned from Backus to Reiff as Backus will now probably never line up at LT again for them. They let CW go to bring in an incredibly mentally soft player in Rachal. They've left Carimi in at RT even though he has looked incredibly uncompetitive all year long. They need to kick Louis back outside to RT where he played pretty well last year. Bring Spencer in to RG where he played pretty well last year, and bring in Edwin Williams at LG. This offseason Emery needs to focus his attention on the OL.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Badger75

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring in Andy Reid as OC to get this Godian Knot untaggled. Wink
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Why on earth would the Bears bring in Andy Reid who doesn't ever run the football?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Why on earth would the Bears bring in Andy Reid who doesn't ever run the football?

Norv Turner would probably be the ideal OC for Chicago I would imagine, if he is fired.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Norv Turner would probably be the ideal OC for Chicago I would imagine, if he is fired.

I don't think we want anything more to do with that family Laughing
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

I don't think we want anything more to do with that family Laughing

I would say it is more the other way around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: