Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears (7-3) Host Minnesota Vikings (6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Nice job by Bush to end the game...

Lovie is now 66-12 when our offence scores 18 points or more...and some want rid of him Laughing

Its nice when you can cherry pick stats isnt it? Laughing. If you think thats the only stat that counts when deciding if a coach stays or leaves once again. Im glad your not involved in the process.

How is that cherry picking...it's a clear fact that when the offence can score an average amount of points we win far more games than we lose...Lovie isn't the problem...being consistent on offence is and hopefully Emery addresses the main problem which is the Oline during the offseason.

You remember his goals when he came in here? He hasnt obtained those yet. I know from a few people I talked to they are not very happy with some of his hiring/firing decisions. He may not be a "problem" in the sense he is constantly loosing us games. But I dont think he will ever win a SB as long as he coaches.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Lovie is now 66-12 when our offence scores 18 points or more...and some want rid of him Laughing

Its nice when you can cherry pick stats isnt it? Laughing. If you think thats the only stat that counts when deciding if a coach stays or leaves once again. Im glad your not involved in the process.

How is that cherry picking...it's a clear fact that when the offence can score an average amount of points we win far more games than we lose...Lovie isn't the problem...being consistent on offence is and hopefully Emery addresses the main problem which is the Oline during the offseason.

You remember his goals when he came in here? He hasnt obtained those yet. I know from a few people I talked to they are not very happy with some of his hiring/firing decisions. He may not be a "problem" in the sense he is constantly loosing us games. But I dont think he will ever win a SB as long as he coaches.

And I think your wrong if he can get some talent and consistency on the offensive side of the ball...but neither of us will be right until he wins the SB or is fired so there is no point going down this road again lol.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

And I think your wrong if he can get some talent and consistency on the offensive side of the ball...but neither of us will be right until he wins the SB or is fired so there is no point going down this road again lol.

Well what will probably happen is we make the playoffs. Either go 1 and done or beat 1 team. He gets an extension and we do this all over again.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at the vikes fans giving me crap because I said their Oline wasn't on the same level as San Fransisco's. Hope you enjoyed the game... BEAR DOWN!!!

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
Interception or not....

1. TytybearsFan21 -- Jay Cutler, QB
2. pigsooie5 -- Brandon Marshall, WR
3. bkokot -- Matt Forte, Irish R&B Singer
4. ShaggyBear -- Charles Tillman, CB
5. DABEARSLCF04 -- Henry Melton, DT
6. CBears019 -- Alshon Jeffery, WR
7. ChiSportsFan -- Chris Conte, FS
8. GRRLacher --Julius Peppers, DE
9. Madmike90 -- Shea McClellin, DE
10. BEARS24 -- Earl Bennett, WR
11. Bowler1215 -- Devin Hester, WR
12. VeniceBearsFan -- Roberto Garza, C
13. Athelite -- Brian Urlacher, MLB
14. jspiel24 -- Major Wright, FS
15. JPeppers90 -- Stephen Paea, DT
16. Superman(DH23) -- Lance Briggs, Lambo crasher
17. AZBearsFan -- Gabe Carimi, RT
18. Bounty91 -- DJ Moore, NB
19. RidiculousJames -- Kellen Davis, TE
20. WindyCity -- Corey Wootton, DE
21. HuskieBear -- Robbie Gould, K
22. #22dabears -- Israel Idonije, DE
23. ConVict90 -- Tim Jennings, CB

Laughing
Hey come on, he almost had as many catches as drops today.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions || Forced Fumbles: 0
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also got to say Mike Tice called a good game today...we run the ball 39 times today and altho we only averaged 2.9 YPC the run set everything up today...now I still don't think he is the answer looking at the entire season but he deserves props today.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen
Lance Briggs leaving the locker room with a boot on his right foot. #Bears

Crap.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats guys. your team came back and took care of business after last week's loss.

Applause

pigsooie5 wrote:
LOL at the vikes fans giving me crap because I said their Oline wasn't on the same level as San Fransisco's. Hope you enjoyed the game... BEAR DOWN!!!

classy winner.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw Carimi play pretty well today at what I've always said was his best position in the pros. It was nice to get decent production out of a RT for once this year. I definitely see Carimi making the transition this offseason to OG.

Now hopefully everybody is reasonably healthy. My guess would be another high ankle sprain for Forte. I don't know what happened to Louis, it sure looked like a concussion, didn't really see anything w/ his knee. As for Peanut, I'm pretty confident that he could have gone back in the game today, at least it sure looked that way when he was jumping up and down on the sideline.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
We saw Carimi play pretty well today at what I've always said was his best position in the pros. It was nice to get decent production out of a RT for once this year. I definitely see Carimi making the transition this offseason to OG.

Now hopefully everybody is reasonably healthy. My guess would be another high ankle sprain for Forte. I don't know what happened to Louis, it sure looked like a concussion, didn't really see anything w/ his knee. As for Peanut, I'm pretty confident that he could have gone back in the game today, at least it sure looked that way when he was jumping up and down on the sideline.

If Scott can prove to be a decent enough RT it wouldn't surprise me in the least for Louis and Carimi to be our starting OG next year. Carimi looked pretty decent there today having never played there. I do wonder if Louis can't play next week if he might not start at RG with Brown active as our swing tackle. Hopefully they leave Williams at LG regardless of whether or not Spencer is healthy.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win for us today, we needed it after the last two weeks(especially last Monday) Cutler was good, not great. We did have a good mox of runs and passes(39 runs to 31 passes) We didnt go deep all too much though. loved the very first play, Melton sacks Ponder. Overall our D was good as usual. Nice two point conversion as well, but we should have kept that one for a time when we needed it. I hope our injuries arent serious. Tillman(I'm sure he'll be back this upcoming week) Louis, Spencer, Hester and Forte. We'll know more about them in the next day or so. We have a tough Seattle team coming in this week, should be a good one.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
There are 2 things going for the Bears in this game.

Traditionally after a blow out loss they come back and play a very good game regardless of opponent.

If Lovie loses this he could be out of a job at the end of the year. And Lovie is nothing if not a survivor.

Either way I want Lovie out of town win or loss. Tice should be taking care of the Line and let Bates do the play calling. Lovie is way to soft to make adjustments that may just work. Couldn't be any worse I would think
Speaking as one of Lovie's biggest critics here I have to give him and his staff credit for the game yesterday. Not only did the team come out ready to play but it had a great game plan and the coaches did a magnificent job adjusting along the Oline when the guys started to go down.

We barely heard Jared Allen's name so Webb did a fine job on him.

Hats off to the coaches.

I love the Bears more than I dislike Lovie so it hurts when they lose even if it means Lovie is more likely to stay with victories.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
ak06max wrote:
Lovie is way to soft to make adjustments that may just work. Couldn't be any worse I would think

Brad Childress might be looking for work soon, that would be worse if he came to the Bears...
We aren't going to hire TWO bald guys in a row.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
SLCbear wrote:
Lovie is an elite/top teir coach, we are very fortunate to have him ....he's not going anywhere!!

We need an NFL O-line, a healthy Alshon, a receiving TE threat to work the middle of the field, and an OC that has some intelligence and creativity ....Tice is the one gone or back to being OL coach strictly (I can see that scenario play out as he prob is the best OL coach in the league; but can easily see him being sent packing outright)

I think we bounce back after the huge loss, something Lovie is a master at, and get the must-win at home

Bears 20
Vikes 13
Win one year, Lose the next, Win the next, Lose the next is in no way an "elite" coach. And "elite" coach does not hire OC after OC who cannot do the job.

If this game is lost the team will be in extremely deep trouble and so will Smith. That exhibition Monday night was one of the worst I have seen from the Bears in 40 yrs. It turned into a clown show.
Again he's only hired 2 OCs, and one of them he didn't really have any choice in hiring b/c everyone else turned the team down b/c of the uncertainty at the time. Even Jeremy Bates, who is here now. What's mind-numbingly frustrating is that Tice is supposed to be the "run it down there throats to set up the playaction passes deep" guy yet week after week, he seems to ignore the running game for long stretches of the ball game. Let's also not forget how much the OL has been ignored by the FO for years. Which Tice has had a big hand in himself. I was on record as saying in the draft that I wouldn't have gone OL unless one of the elite OTs or Decastro fell to us. I like Shea, I hope he really does well here and develops, but everyone here knows when Reiff was there at our pick that I said the Bears should have drafted him, and now the Lions have seemingly transitioned from Backus to Reiff as Backus will now probably never line up at LT again for them. They let CW go to bring in an incredibly mentally soft player in Rachal. They've left Carimi in at RT even though he has looked incredibly uncompetitive all year long. They need to kick Louis back outside to RT where he played pretty well last year. Bring Spencer in to RG where he played pretty well last year, and bring in Edwin Williams at LG. This offseason Emery needs to focus his attention on the OL.
We were all rather shocked when no linemen were drafted last draft and mostly disappointed. Shea is going to be a really good player for us so I am not disappointed with his play.

That being said it is no certainty that any lineman we might have drafted would have stepped in and settled things down on our line. Khalil was the first one drafted and he has not yet shown himself to be that good. It simply takes a lot more time to develop these guys than most here are willing to allow.

The fact is I don't like drafting in the first half dozen picks because the bust rate is just too high and the cost too high too.

Tice is still learning as well as OC and people don't want to give him any time to develop either.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Bring in Andy Reid as OC to get this Godian Knot untaggled. Wink
Why on earth would the Bears bring in Andy Reid who doesn't ever run the football?

Norv Turner would probably be the ideal OC for Chicago I would imagine, if he is fired.

I don't think we want anything more to do with that family Laughing
Whats really ridiculous is that I think we might be better off w/ Ron Turner at OC right now, at least I know he'd be running the football. We don't call screens (something we were one of the best teams in the league at under Martz). We take out Forte waaaaaay too much. Its almost like Tice got a couple new toys this year and decided his old one wasn't as much fun to play w/ anymore. At this point I'd take Turner's run, run, pass offense over the pass, pass, pass offense of Tice.

My biggest problem with Tice is he hasn’t established an identity of offence...he doesn’t know if we are a running team…he doesn’t know if we want to be a vertical passing team or short passing get it out of the QBs hands type of attack…without an identity we don’t stand a chance…that’s why I want a Shanahan-Kubiak disciple…a guy who just brings a ready-made scheme with an identity and concept that is already in place from the get go…get Matt LaFleur to run the offence and Seattle Oline assistant Pat Ruel to coach the Oline and get into a scheme that Jay knows.
The only way any of that happens is if Lovie is gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: